• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Or perhaps move Will Atkinson further forward. Prob only would consider this if Hurst was fit enough to take his spot in wide midfield.

Reid to start for me he is a striker he has scored goals at this level and held the ball up well against Plymouth (wasn't at Yeovil so can't comment)

It should be Barry - if that's a red card offence then the whole game is ****ed.

Your right james if the world of common sense prevailed - But - The laws strictly state you cannot raise hands or fists in any way shape or form. The Ref alluded to the rule book with every letter and wording. Best way to get back at opposition players is to play well and score and win against them. Don't for eff sake do anything, however light it looks, which might compromise the refs judgement. too much of a gamble.

Brown said in his post-match interview Barry's suspension will give Cowan or Reid a chance, no mention of an appeal. We'll miss Corr if he's out for 3 games

It will be a shame to be without Barry Corr ........... but it does give us an opportunity to try another striker and this may reinforce the need to play the ball on the floor or into channels rather than the hoof ball that we have seen in the past.

If Cowan can play a similar role to Gavin Tomlin did at times last year (5th midfielder/running onto balls past the defence) then I would consider him.

Personally I think 4-5-1 is negative at the best of times let alone at home

Formations are rarely negative, tactics are. 4-5-1 these days is far more often a 4-2-3-1, a system Bayern played last season, and they were rampant going forward because Lahm and Alaba worked in tandem with Robben and Ribery.

If Clohessy were still around, I'd say we'd have a very good outfit for that as Clohessy and Coker would get forward to help Straker and Atkinson/Hurst, but as it is I think White's too reserved for us to adopt that to full effect. That said, we've got a good shape to the midfield and a 4-2-3-1 could feasibly bring out the best of Jack Payne, as it would allow him to run through the centre without the fear of leaving gaps behind him.

Surely he won't add a 5th forward to the ranks?
Cowan or Reid will need to start - otherwise what's the point of having them?

Whats the point?? Have you ever seen an official change his mind after dishing out a card?

I think there is a point or maybe two or more as to why "discussing" things with the ref is poor form.

A few seasons ago (when we were being relegated) the team's attempts to get decisions in their favour was (to me) alienating the referee and gave an air of desperation that I am sure the opposition could feed off.

And if you are right (that a ref doesn't change his mind) then why not use your energy and time on playing (and winning) the game. If you are in front of the ref talking to him, you are almost certainly out of position and therefore giving the advantage to the other team. I saw Barrett do that away at Tranmere. A quick throw in by Tranmere to an unmarked player, ball across the box and we were 1-0 down. And no, Barrett did not manage to get the ref to give the throw in the other way whilst the Tranmere players celebrated.

And for me, it should always be about playing to the whistle and that alone. On Saturday, a Poolie striker ran on to a ball past Prosser who stood with his arm in the air waiting for the off-side decision ........... that decision never came and left him scrambling to get back to the player. I was taught at school not to do that. :omg:

Perhaps not examples relating to yellow (or red) cards but the principle still applies ........... doesn't it?

Back