• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funniest Comedians

Russell Kane live at the cliffs or palace theatre.
Found him very funny could not stop laughing.

I must admit, I don't really do an awful lot of stand-up, but I've thoroughly enjoyed shows at the Palace by Reginald D Hunter, Henning Wehn, and Matthew Holness (in character as Garth Marenghi).

Actually, although not strictly a comedian, the most I've ever laughed at a live show has been the several times that I've been to see David Sedaris.

Stewart Lee
Joe Goodman.
A true man of Southend.
Saddly died of lukemia.
King of the one liners. A great story teller.
Favourite of the Dule of Edinborough.
Never a rude word.
A good friend much missed.
Read his autobiography. Self published.
Hard early life.

Top 3 for me
Jimmy Carr
Tim Vine
Peter Kay

Others to note for me include Sean Lock, Hugh Dennis and Stephen Merchant.

I also like heading to the comedy clubs in London and watching a show with new comedians you haven't yet seen on the tv. A few I've seen have made it to Live at the Apollo on the BBC

Ed Byrne gets my vote. Very underrated. Seen him several times and his material is always funny and interesting. His dissection of Ironic by Alanis Morrissette many years ago is one of the best routines by anyone IMO.

Also mentions for Dave Gorman, Rob Brydon and Marcus Bridgstock.

Joe Goodman.
A true man of Southend.
Saddly died of lukemia.
King of the one liners. A great story teller.
Favourite of the Dule of Edinborough.
Never a rude word.
A good friend much missed.
Read his autobiography. Self published.
Hard early life.

Such a nice bloke as well. Used to come in my old mans yard and tell a few jokes.

Aunty Donna (Australian anarchy)
Daniel Kitson (if you ever get the chance, see him live)
Paul Merton (his series still stands the test of time)
Harry Hill (the badger parade)

I loved Tommy Cooper and he only had to walk on stage and I would be laughing away.
Strangely enough I actually really liked Michael Barrymore in his height and found him to be very quick witted
Would love to and see Peter Kay but I cannot be bothered to get into the frenzy of securing tickets when they go on sale

Aunty Donna (Australian anarchy)
Daniel Kitson (if you ever get the chance, see him live)
Paul Merton (his series still stands the test of time)
Harry Hill (the badger parade)

Yep, I’d second this.

The single best performance I‘ve seen was when he was supposed to do 20 minutes and didn’t have anything prepared so just riffed off a line of the compère and some crowd work yet ended up doing an hour and people were slowly backing out of the venue, torn between catching the last tube home and not wanting to leave the magic behind.

Sam Campbell is a recent favourite. Will be interesting to see he goes now he’s done Taskmaster and if he goes stratospheric. His brain goes 100mph producing this glorious, chaotic, hilarious mess of ideas.

Back