• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funniest Comedians

I did get to see him live - at the Dominion in Tottenham Court Road (with thanks to Tangled Up In Blue who got the tickets) in '91. He was fantastic. I can still recall a couple of sketches which I really enjoyed - though I'll spare you my efforts at a re-tell as I know it wouldn't quite work here.
This was one of my favourites.

Stan Boardman was good back in the day.
I was once told to '**** off' by a bear by the name of Nookie while at a Roger De Coursey (sp) show many years ago. He had the crowd rolling on floor with laughter, very blue.
Billy Conneley (sp) practically invented observational comedy, his stories of his upbringing in the Glasgow tenements still crease me up today.

Used to go to the joker comedy club at the cliffs in the early 90’s. Saw loads of acts before they were famous, but have forgotten most of them. Was always a brillant night
There was more than this
Ainsley Harriet (calypso twins)
Lee Evans
Jo brand
Lee hurst
Gayle Tuesday ( was famous for a short time and not funny)

Last edited:
Saw a televised Dave Allen show many years back, half-way through a 'God' story a boom-mike suddenly fell down...to great hilarity.

John Bishop was superb at the Cliffs last night.

Lee Evans has always been a favourite of mine too.

Back