• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Gary Deegan signs 2 year deal

Confirmed by PB on live 92, 2 year extension. Personally i am delighted with that, every club needs an enforcer/spoiler type player

Personally think we could do better and hope he performs better than Sunday!!

However Brown must see something in him, so he'll have my support; until he makes a mistake and then I'll be all over him like milk on Weetabix :hilarious:

However Brown must see something in him, so he'll have my support; until he makes a mistake and then I'll be all over him like milk on Weetabix :hilarious:

Tend to agree with you,Deeg MUST play the way he is facing and stop trying to be clever.His role in the team is to break up play and give it to say Wordy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way Deegan plays at all. Other than one over hit pass in the second half on Sunday, I though he was pick of the bunch. Tackled and won the ball, good distribution, determination. If there was one slight criticism; he sometimes goes in a bit hard and could attract unwanted referee attention. Generally, he won't shirk a challenge, and 9 times out of 10, he wins the ball fairly. Probably more of a mistrust of the referees at our level to get it right rather than Deegans' ability to challenge clean and fair.
As you might have gathered, I'm delighted he signed and think we would be hard pressed to find a better player of his type within our means :Worthy:

Haha, We could always do better but as he was already one of our own, we know what we are getting from him. And I really don't think his passing overall is any worse than most others in our midfield..

Surprised to see he got a 2 year deal, would've thought the club would have been pushing for one, but good to have him on board.

Surprised to see he got a 2 year deal, would've thought the club would have been pushing for one, but good to have him on board.
agree....1 year...at best.... Not that pleased

agree....1 year...at best.... Not that pleased

Have you ever said anything positive?

Cracking signing IMO, he is the type of player you need when you make the horrid midweek trips up north against an inform northern team. Someone to win us the ball back and create something/give it to a a creative player.

These Wordsworth,s and Payne's do not go and win the ball and then start running, they need a Deegan to do this job.

I put him in a similar mold as Kevin Maher, a highly intelligent footballer that the average football fan that is obsessed with wikipedia stats on goals & assists doesn't appreciate.

Glad we got him on a 2-year deal...a bit of job security for a lad that has been on 6 month contracts.

Cracking signing IMO, he is the type of player you need when you make the horrid midweek trips up north against an inform northern team. Someone to win us the ball back and create something/give it to a a creative player.

These Wordsworth,s and Payne's do not go and win the ball and then start running, they need a Deegan to do this job.

I put him in a similar mold as Kevin Maher, a highly intelligent footballer that the average football fan that is obsessed with wikipedia stats on goals & assists doesn't appreciate.

Glad we got him on a 2-year deal...a bit of job security for a lad that has been on 6 month contracts.
Cracking signing, some may think he is ok, but cracking... The players we have had over the years, come on.... You are winding us up.

Nail on head, his passing isn't upto Mahers but he does the dirty work no one gets credit for in a team just like him, remember the ahem fans giving Kev a hard time also for a couple of seasons

I agree he's in a similar mould as Kevin Maher, but he hasn't been in the same class as Maher performance-wise yet.

He's a strange one actually, in that he's played at a higher level and if you watch him (in the warm ups as well as games) he's actually one of the most skilful players we have. I think he has the ability and skill level to be a very good player for us however I think the decision making and mental side of his game has been quite poor. Whether it's a discipline thing I don't know....looking at his attributes he should be a good player for us, but he hasn't quite been that so far.

Happy enough with him signing, we need a squad of players and I get the feeling he may improve if he gets a regular run in the first team. However I doubt if he'll get that unless we have a run of injuries.

Yeah same here as thought club would only offer a one year deal to him, glad he has signed tho so maybe he insisted on a two year deal in the first place.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way Deegan plays at all. Other than one over hit pass in the second half on Sunday, I though he was pick of the bunch. Tackled and won the ball, good distribution, determination. If there was one slight criticism; he sometimes goes in a bit hard and could attract unwanted referee attention. Generally, he won't shirk a challenge, and 9 times out of 10, he wins the ball fairly. Probably more of a mistrust of the referees at our level to get it right rather than Deegans' ability to challenge clean and fair.
As you might have gathered, I'm delighted he signed and think we would be hard pressed to find a better player of his type within our means :Worthy:

Couldn't agree more, great post

Back