• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would say the Club must be in desperate trouble. If in any way they had a good future or at least light was being seen at the end of the tunnell Gary would not have resigned. Even more the case when he's only been in the job since February so hasn't given it much time but maybe there are reasons behind that.

Interesting that 2 successful businessmen leave there posts of CEO at SUFC and the 1 common denominator is Ronald. Tara now Lockett is Ron really that hard to work for?

What else did the Echo say, was there any info?

Ok, this is not good news, as Gary is a business man, this does make me wonder if, in fact, there may be a crisis of some kind with HMRC in the offing. Didn't one of our directors do this a while back with the court cases because of some implication on their own business?

Doesn't look good and, on the face of it, very worrying news... but let's establish the facts before we get too carried away?

If you were going to mount a takeover bid (with others) it would be wise to try and have a closer look at things from the inside for a few months :winking:

Ok, this is not good news, as Gary is a business man, this does make me wonder if, in fact, there may be a crisis of some kind with HMRC in the offing. Didn't one of our directors do this a while back with the court cases because of some implication on their own business?

That was Gary Lockett wasn't it?

There's no other reason, than the fact he did not see eye to eye with Ron. Bust up's galore.

Great shame, but it was on the cards for quite some time.

Another good bloke driven out by Ronald. And another ex-director owed substantial amounts of cash...

Can someone explain to a naive exile why this is such bad news please? I appreciate people leave jobs after a short time, usually either because they don't enjoy the role or they have something better in the offing, so I'm assuming I'm unaware of what Gary Lockett had done and was doing for the club. Thanks.

We just seem to jump from one situation to the next.
At least Gary was a supporter of the club and had the interests of the club at heart. he was able to look from the inside out at all the goings on. It does make you wonder what the hell is happenening down there.
Surely this is a time for us all to unite and now begin to ask questions.
If enough of us shareholders get together could we not as shareholders demand some meeting?

No surprise really considering who he has to put up with at the club as his so called boss.

Back