• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joshua won’t ‘Make mincemeat of him’, Fury is a world class boxer and will outbox Joshua with ease.

Tyson might not have said the nicest of things at times but neither has the golden boy Joshua. Racist and sexist remarks that have been swiftly swept under the carpet. Drug dealing in his past. Yeah he’s a great role model!
Lol.......

Joshua won’t ‘Make mincemeat of him’, Fury is a world class boxer and will outbox Joshua with ease.

Tyson might not have said the nicest of things at times but neither has the golden boy Joshua. Racist and sexist remarks that have been swiftly swept under the carpet. Drug dealing in his past. Yeah he’s a great role model!

Didn't say he will, said I hope he will.

You're statement of out boxing AJ with ease is laughable and neither are golden boys, but AJ is a lot more humble and a much more likeable character IMO.

Can't stand the continuous trash talk that comes from Fury which is why I would much rather see AJ beat Fury to hopefully shut him up!

AJ is better media trained I'd say and probably more intelligent, or at least better advised. Hence their public images being worlds apart.

If Tyson Fury gets back to the Tyson that beat Klitschko then he beats AJ. What makes it interesting is whether Tyson can get himself back to that guy and how much will AJ improve in that time? All I can say Is I want one of the two of them to end up top of the tree and not Wilder.

I'd certainly echo that Tyson Fury coming back makes me happy too, because it has the potential to bring about the fight everyone wants to see.

Didn't say he will, said I hope he will.

You're statement of out boxing AJ with ease is laughable and neither are golden boys, but AJ is a lot more humble and a much more likeable character IMO.

Can't stand the continuous trash talk that comes from Fury which is why I would much rather see AJ beat Fury to hopefully shut him up!

How is it laughable? It’s the truth! I am someone who watches boxing on a regular basis and have watched a hell of a lot of it over the years. Having watched Joshua in his last fights and if Fury is anything like he was against Klitschko he outboxes Joshua with ease. It’s not me that just me that says that it’s the experts in the business too but hey what do I know?

How is it laughable? It’s the truth! I am someone who watches boxing on a regular basis and have watched a hell of a lot of it over the years. Having watched Joshua in his last fights and if Fury is anything like he was against Klitschko he outboxes Joshua with ease. It’s not me that just me that says that it’s the experts in the business too but hey what do I know?

Its laughable because it will be a very tough test for.both boxers, he wont out box him with ease will he?

I.dont know what you know but its not like experts in the business don't ever get it wrong, michael owen, paul merson in football for example.

Either way, Ricey you have your opinion, I have mine, I also cant stand Fury as a person and that is probably how that boils down, Im rooting for the person most likely to smash him in compared to the rest of the divison.

I didn't realise you had to be active on a forum to follow something?

No, just if you follow it that strongly you would read the thread and join in because it’s a very good discussion thread about the sweet science.

The straight reply of lol is exactly what I expect of a casual who has his head up Joshua’s arse. Give me a decent reply as to why you think it’s lol and I won’t call you a casual!

Forgive me, but are you white Ross?

Its just that, if you are white, then you as a person, are inferior in the eyes of the the humble, likeable Anthony Joshua.

Lol.......

I'll try and look at it objectively.

What has AJ got, that will worry Tyson? Power.

What has Tyson got, that will worry AJ? Superior footwork, unorthodox stance, switch hitting capability, height & weight advantage, longer reach, stamina, ring generalship.

People seem to assume that all AJ has to do, is turn up & this fight is won. Throughout boxing history, A good brawler, very very rarely beats a good boxer.

And that is what the wider media totally ignore. Every boxing fan wants to see him back as you want to see the best facing the best. He's said stupid things but so has Joshua without the spotlight relentlessly put on them.

Good point about the media, although I'd like to add that Fury gets a rougher ride than AJ.

Did you see the weasel reporter yesterday, trying desperately to get a sensational headline out of Tyson? Notice how the reporter didn't ask a single boxing-related question, such as who the opponent might be, or what is his plan for the next 12-months.

A stark contrast to every AJ interview. Not a single reporter has tried asking about the *racist messages, *drug dealing, *suspended prison sentence, *being placed on tag, *gang-related violence.

Hmmmmm, could it be something to do with a *very powerful court injunction, which was put in place thanks to *Matchroom Sport back in 2013, preventing the media from asking and printing said crimes?

*alleged

Don’t see you in the general boxing thread much, obviously a casual who jumps on the bandwagon whenever Joshua fights.
Didn’t realise there was a boxing thread to be honest! I am a casual boxing fan I’ll happily admit that, it was the ‘with ease’ comment that I don’t agree watching what Joshua has done recently and how long Fury has been out. We shall see I suppose if the fight ever happens.

Good point about the media, although I'd like to add that Fury gets a rougher ride than AJ.

Did you see the weasel reporter yesterday, trying desperately to get a sensational headline out of Tyson? Notice how the reporter didn't ask a single boxing-related question, such as who the opponent might be, or what is his plan for the next 12-months.

A stark contrast to every AJ interview. Not a single reporter has tried asking about the *racist messages, *drug dealing, *suspended prison sentence, *being placed on tag, *gang-related violence.

Hmmmmm, could it be something to do with a *very powerful court injunction, which was put in place thanks to *Matchroom Sport back in 2013, preventing the media from asking and printing said crimes?

*alleged

that was what I was saying mate, the spotlight is put on the things Fury says but Joshua's faults aren't.

*alleged

I did see that interview and credit to Fury, he handled it well. It's exactly what Fury needs to do now, talk about boxing and nothing else

I think it is fair to say that if the Fury that beat Klitschko fought AJ now then Fury would win with relative ease. That isn't happening though. Fury has to get back to that and Joshua continues his learning and improving in the meantime. AJ has come a long way in a relatively short space of time, it is very rare for a fighter to be in his position after only 21 pro fights so you wouldn't expect him to be the finished article. He has only just had his first fight that went the distance. The fact everyone is having these debates means that we have a very exciting heavyweight division at the moment and IMO Ricey is quite right to be happy about Fury coming back into the ring. It's a mouthwatering prospect but worth remembering that Wilder could spoil the party.

A possible interesting footnote to Fury's comeback, he made an offer to Matchroom, to work under Hearn's stable. Ringing Hearn he provided a list of five fighters, saying he'll fight four of those five, and then fight Joshua in a 50/50 split, and I'll sign for Matchroom. Hearn said only one of the five were credible, and wouldn't be near enough to warrant a 50/50 split with Joshua - bear in mind Fury struggled to sell tickets for the Wlad rematch. Fury in a temper said, 'right, I'm ringing Joshua' and hung up.

Hearn then rang Joshua to say 'you might get Fury calling you'. Joshua responded, yeah, he's already on the other line. Told Fury that Hearn works the deals and if he think it's a no go, then it's a no go. Again Fury hung up.

A few moments later, Hearn has received a picture message from Fury giving Hearn the finger. Showing to AJ later in the day, Joshua took Hearn's phone and returned the favour.

It's a funny story, and believable too, the ambitious and funny almost childlike but honest behaviour of Fury rings true. But it did come from Hearn himself (I was there to hear it), and I know that means some immediately won't believe it. Who knows.

During the same event, AJ did spend some time talking about his past including the drugs offence and his demeanour during that period was very different to when he was talking about boxing. He was rigid, looked uncomfortable and was had very much the demeanour of a novice during an interview. When they got to boxing, he was relaxed, joking and honest. Bringing up himself the KO by Price, and defeat to Dillian. He clearly doesn't like talking about he past, finds it uncomfortable and embarrassing, but he didn't avoid it on that night, but it was a small audience.

There was a planned opportunity for questions from the audience, and then a second additional unplanned Q&A again - and there never any mention of subject to ignore, whether they would have fielded any questions about his past or current misdemeanours, who knows, no-one felt the need (or was brave enough??) to ask them.

Edit: Asked about Fury's potential opponent, Hearn said there's a good chance he could beat him - clearly tongue in cheek; But added that sort of opponent is to be expected for someone who has been out for that long, and clearly didn't look after himself in that period. But he is a former world champion, and needs to get back into meaningful fights as soon as possible - similar to what GBJ had outlined a few pages back, but without naming names.

A possible interesting footnote to Fury's comeback, he made an offer to Matchroom, to work under Hearn's stable. Ringing Hearn he provided a list of five fighters, saying he'll fight four of those five, and then fight Joshua in a 50/50 split, and I'll sign for Matchroom. Hearn said only one of the five were credible, and wouldn't be near enough to warrant a 50/50 split with Joshua - bear in mind Fury struggled to sell tickets for the Wlad rematch. Fury in a temper said, 'right, I'm ringing Joshua' and hung up.

Hearn then rang Joshua to say 'you might get Fury calling you'. Joshua responded, yeah, he's already on the other line. Told Fury that Hearn works the deals and if he think it's a no go, then it's a no go. Again Fury hung up.

A few moments later, Hearn has received a picture message from Fury giving Hearn the finger. Showing to AJ later in the day, Joshua took Hearn's phone and returned the favour.

It's a funny story, and believable too, the ambitious and funny almost childlike but honest behaviour of Fury rings true. But it did come from Hearn himself (I was there to hear it), and I know that means some immediately won't believe it. Who knows.

During the same event, AJ did spend some time talking about his past including the drugs offence and his demeanour during that period was very different to when he was talking about boxing. He was rigid, looked uncomfortable and was had very much the demeanour of a novice during an interview. When they got to boxing, he was relaxed, joking and honest. Bringing up himself the KO by Price, and defeat to Dillian. He clearly doesn't like talking about he past, finds it uncomfortable and embarrassing, but he didn't avoid it on that night, but it was a small audience.

There was a planned opportunity for questions from the audience, and then a second additional unplanned Q&A again - and there never any mention of subject to ignore, whether they would have fielded any questions about his past or current misdemeanours, who knows, no-one felt the need (or was brave enough??) to ask them.

Edit: Asked about Fury's potential opponent, Hearn said there's a good chance he could beat him - clearly tongue in cheek; But added that sort of opponent is to be expected for someone who has been out for that long, and clearly didn't look after himself in that period. But he is a former world champion, and needs to get back into meaningful fights as soon as possible - similar to what GBJ had outlined a few pages back, but without naming names.

One of the sad things about the current British scene, is that Hearn has a monopoly, due to his exclusive deal with Sky.

For that sole reason, when it comes to other promoters, they struggle to get the publicity & find it hard to promote their fights. Unless you're constantly looking out for a particular fighter/announcements, you barely hear about Warren's shows for example.

The point I'm making is, as bad as I perosnally think Hearn is, for British Boxing (which I concede is purely my own opinion, and a debateable one at that) it makes better financial sense to sign with him, than any other promoter. So I can see why Tyson would want to sell his soul to the devil, which again, is wrong, but it's just the way it is.

Back