• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm going to see Roger Waters perform The Wall at the O2 next May, but as i've not been before i thought i'd ask where the best view is from cos i know from experience just paying the most is not neccessarily a guide .. mind you with ticket prices starting at £65 and going up to £175 its going to be a pretty expensive evening wherever i sit

Here here too in September(I think).I won't be going but prices should be much more reasonable than you're quoting for the O2.

Stop press.Tickets for Peter Gabriel's Scratch my back live (23 rd Sept)go on sale here tomorrow.Oh yes.:clap:

Here here too in September(I think).I won't be going but prices should be much more reasonable than you're quoting for the O2.

Stop press.Tickets for Peter Gabriel's Scratch my back live (23 rd Sept)go on sale here tomorrow.Oh yes.:clap:

Its a good job i'm minted then i guess

To round off the summer gigs guide in Barna,a fortnight or so ago I saw Dr John and his excellent new 9/11 band performing their new album Tribal at the small Sala 2 in the Auditori.He'd just come over after from playing a few gigs in the UK and both he and the band were in excellent form.
Last week at Barna's open air Grec theatre we saw the sublime Corinne Bailey Rae.The high point of her set for me were a few soul covers from the sixties and a lovely version of Doris Day's Que sera,sera as an encore.
Last Saturday(or Sunday really as he wasn't on stage until 00.40)was Kris Kristofferson in San Feliu in his first ever gig(at 74)in Spain.Awesome concert.Although his voice was cracked and he hit quite a few bum notes it really didn't matter.He's written some of the best songs in country and they stand up well.
Peter Gabriel and Sting coming up in the Autumn.:clap:

The important thing here is, when are the heavy metal band The Stylistics doing the next tour?

Brettie and SUFC Al are begging for tickets.

The important thing here is, when are the heavy metal band The Stylistics doing the next tour?

Brettie and SUFC Al are begging for tickets.

Ha.The only heavy metal act I've ever had the misfortune to see was Moterhead in Montpellier back in the early 80's(at a time when I'd go and "support" any British band playing there.It was so earsplittingly loud that you could hear it equally well out in the street as I proved to my satisfaction when I walked out after quarter of an hour.

Saw Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel at beginning of month (ok, but had to wait until encore for his hit), then a Johnny Cash tribute act in a dindgy Ipshite club (top stuff), Spandau Ballet at Newmarket races last Fri (sadly I found I recalled all of their songs, and Tony Hadley (not our old centre back but the other one) can still belt 'em out), off to see The Yetties in Dorset on 3 July (ageing if not dead poor mans Wurzels, but hey the wifey lies them) and then on 24 July the summer event I've really been waiting for, Moyet in Christchurch Park in Ipshite (with that upstart Jools Holland). I'll ask Alf if she wants to buy the Club if I get a chance, she will know we will be there as the Suffolk Shrimper flag will be held aloft to wind up the Tracator boys.

Well, saw Moyet with Jools on Saturday. Waved the flag and got a glance!

Gotta say that both were excellent....and Ruby Turner too who shook herself about so much she nearly knocked herself out more than once. Holland's band were top stuff - over 20 of them, plenty of solo's, a highlight being a Ska version of 'What a Wonderful World by the 70 years plus trombonist. There are loads of these gigs indoors and out coming up - no matter what your music taste I would suggest going to one, I defy folk not to enjoy it. If going to an outside gig, go with a few friends, get there early, sit near the front, take a picnic, sink a few beers, and when Holland & Co come on stand at the front to really live the gig.

Well, saw Moyet with Jools on Saturday. Waved the flag and got a glance!

Gotta say that both were excellent....and Ruby Turner too who shook herself about so much she nearly knocked herself out more than once. Holland's band were top stuff - over 20 of them, plenty of solo's, a highlight being a Ska version of 'What a Wonderful World by the 70 years plus trombonist. There are loads of these gigs indoors and out coming up - no matter what your music taste I would suggest going to one, I defy folk not to enjoy it. If going to an outside gig, go with a few friends, get there early, sit near the front, take a picnic, sink a few beers, and when Holland & Co come on stand at the front to really live the gig.

SS,
Sounds like it was an excellent gig.Perhaps you could tell Jools and Alf they'd be more than welcome to come over here and play in Barna sometime.
Beverly Skeets who used to play with Jools a while back was excellent here in June fronting for Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.

Last edited:
where they playing?..or u going to rebellion?

They're playing at the Old Bell in Derby. The Anti-Nowhere League and the UK Subs have been on in the last couple of months, and got the Subhumans, and the Cockney Rejects to look forward to this month.

Thought about Rebellion, but there's a few bands I want to see on at the same time, so for £100 I thought I'd give it a miss. Regretting it now though......

Got something against literate pop music? :unsure:

Not at all - I dislike Sting due to his pompous pretentiousness and for that awful "deeeeeeaayyooo-oh" nonsense and cod reggae he inflicted on us when he was in The Police.

Not at all - I dislike Sting due to his pompous pretentiousness and for that awful "deeeeeeaayyooo-oh" nonsense and cod reggae he inflicted on us when he was in The Police.

I see (according to today's Observer)that he's now flogging natural produce from his Tuscany villa.Is there nothing he won't stoop to to annoy the chattering classes? ;)

Last edited:
Back