• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it will be a quite relaxed evening Lee,maybe time for a spot of tea and a muffin during the evening..:happy:

[video=youtube;tkJNyQfAprY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY&feature=related[/video]

Well i was certainly hoping so, either that or an overpriced cold rubber burger and a lukewarm lager out of a plastic bottle ??

Booked tickets on pre-sale yesterday for Elbow at the O2 in March. They are releasing a new album early next year, so should get to hear some of their new stuff. :smile:

Thought they were based in Brum when they first hit the charts.I certainly saw them in concert there(at the Odeon IIRC in the mid 70's and Phil Lynott said it was great to be back home.Or maybe they'd just come back off a foreign tour or something?
If not since I never liked the Moody Blues or UB40(much) I'd go for Slade(and yes I know they were from Wolvehampton but it's just next door).

I think Slade were a great live band, but I suspect that Wolverines would probably not take kindly to being bracketed as Brummies.

From what I remember of the Lynott biography, he and the band used to hole up at his mum's hotel in Manchester in the early days. 'Philo' moved to London where he fell in with a crowd that supplied and fleeced him before his untimely death. One of the best gigs I saw at The Kursaal was Lizzy in November '76. Lynott in his prime was a fantastic front man and the twin guitar attack of Robertson and Gorham were pretty impressive too. Brian Downey kept it all together though - he was a brilliant drummer, and about the only one in that line-up who kept it together off the stage too.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/echofeatures/8713489.Jackie___s_amazing_songs_tell_the_story_of_his_life/

Saw the wonderful Jackie Leven at The Railway last month. The great man looked well, sung well and told some of his amusing stories - including one about Ralph McTell being quite a fearsome hard case (a true story). :smiles:

The legendary Phil Burdett and young Tom Burgess offered fine support in what was an intimate gig on one of the coldest nights of the year. The Railway is a great little venue.* The pub is quite interesting too - some guys were merrily dancing away (at 7.30) to some old tunes when we arrived - it must have been POETS day that particular Friday. :party:

*:link:http://www.echo-news.co.uk/echofeatures/8453685.Railway_right_on_track_for_3rd_birthday/

Last edited:
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/echofeatures/8713489.Jackie___s_amazing_songs_tell_the_story_of_his_life/

Saw the wonderful Jackie Leven at The Railway last month. The great man looked well, sung well and told some of his amusing stories - including one about Ralph McTell being quite a fearsome hard case (a true story). :smiles:

The legendary Phil Burdett and young Tom Burgess offered fine support in what was an intimate gig on one of the coldest nights of the year. The Railway is a great little venue.* The pub is quite interesting too - some guys were merrily dancing away (at 7.30) to some old tunes when we arrived - it must have been POETS day that particular Friday. :party:

*:link:http://www.echo-news.co.uk/echofeatures/8453685.Railway_right_on_track_for_3rd_birthday/

Sounds like it was a really good gig and a more than interesting venue too.

Just wondered if any other zoners are heading to the O2 next week to see Usher?
Can't wait for this. :omg:

Two SUFC surpporters (West stand) play in a band "THE PASS" gig local aera.

Play 80,s punk/ska, 90's sterophonics, oasis, morden greenday, Blink 182, The Killers etc..

Always wear my SUFC shirt whenever, where ever we play, usually get some banter from arm chair west ham / chelsea fans etc...

Would be good to see some other SUFC suporters at a gig,

We are only a local pub band, but we have ethusiasham. (Sorry, not to good at spelling)

Got Mogwai, Les Savy Fav and Dananananakroyd lined up in the next month...

Loved an interview I saw with him(a little while ago now)where he said he always bought a 1 daytravel card on the tube(as opposed to swipe and pass)since he didn't want the state to know where he'd been travelling to and from.( I do the same btw).
Spririt of the Clash indeed.Stay free,Mick.

Pop star uses travelcard. Blimey I bet Cameron is crapping in his Harrods silk knickers.

Last edited:
Went to The Railway last night to see The Lovely Eggs, a lancaster husband/wife duo (drums & guitar). And they were really good, at times quite grunge / white stripes, others more twee, have fantastic sense of humour in their songs (video for their latest single has John Shuttleworth in it). For any britpop/indie geeks out there singer/guitarist Holly used to be in all girl band Angelica.

The support bands weren't bad either - all local, Tumbledrier Babies I've seen before at a twee night, minimalist lo-fi indie with cute/psycho lyrics were alot of fun and covered Daniel Johnston. Ten Tigers were a bit indie '97 by numbers. Plantman were decent with a Yo La tengo / ATP feel about them.

As Shrimpero said above, The Railway is a great venue, they've done a great job making it a geniune alternative venue the last few years, with live music a plenty from Blues & Jazz to Indie & Metal, along with film nights as well, and a great jukebox.

Saw Patti Smith at the Palau last Monday.Excellent concert.Old hippies don't die-they just re-invent themselves playing an acoustic set.I look forward to her new album.I imagine it'll include her covers of old Dylan and Neil Young songs,plus some some new stuff (as in the show).Awesome(to use the contemporary term).

Back