• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 28 2005,14:23)]Woah, he's not signed yet! I doubt he'd be willing to drop his wage demands enough to allow us to sign him too
Dunno... now that he's been paid off by Reading, maybe he's just looking to enjoy himself...

Nowhere better to do that than Roots Hall right now...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 28 2005,14:23)]Woah, he's not signed yet! I doubt he'd be willing to drop his wage demands enough to allow us to sign him too
Well if he has walked away from Reading with 400k on the hip with his contract paid up then for a year then he may go for it. As i posted a while ago largely depends on what options he has.

Oh I think he'll be realistic, but if he's gonna sign for us we're not likely to offer him more than about 2k (if that) a week.... somehow I don't think he'd drop his wages to 25% of what he was paid before....

This may well be my pessimism getting the better of me though

we are talking ourselves up and down again here. We have been doin this for the past two months. Think all we can do is sit, wait and pray to the goat.

I don't see why anyone would question the rumour. Tilly has said that he had spoken to Goater already. Now he's free to move from Reading hances are he's just sounding out his different offers.

After the pre-season we have can you blame us for questioning it?

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 28 2005,14:30)]pray to the goat.
Pray to the goat? Surely we should pray to Tilly, Brush and Ron!
tounge.gif

Assuming Kent Shrimper's mate hasn't got it wrong and SG is at the Hall talking shop... realistically, he might be looking at something like £2.5-3k/wk, which could still be a tall order for us...

I would be pleased if he is talking to us and if so, I hope he does sign, but would he really want to play for us for anything less than £2k/wk after being on £7k at Reading? I seriously doubt it.

What this does show, is that not all the decent players have been snapped up yet (despite what has been said recently) and there will always be other opportunities if SG isn't interested.

Let's see what happens!
wink.gif

Goater's Stats (From Soccerbase)

League: 442 (83) 210 goals, FA Cup: 26 (6) 18, League Cup: 36 (5) 16
Other: 17 (6) 5

In the league, it's 210 goals from 525 games. That's an average of between 18 and 19 goals per season for his entire career - which has been spent almost entirely in the top two tiers of English football.

"Feed the Goat and he will score" is, in this case, 100% accurate. If we did manage to sign him, it would be a real coup for the club.

Go on, Tilly - try your best!!

biggrin.gif

Matt

Whats this about someone seeing a goat down the market?
tounge.gif

Goater would bring experience and quality to the side, and would be better than nothing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ July 28 2005,14:50)]What about Les Ferdinand? I think he would give his all to the club more than the greedy Goat.
In what way is Goater greedy?  He's just holding out for what he thinks he can get - any footballer at the stage of his career that he is at would do exactly the same.

I'd have the Goat over Sir Les any day of the week - he's almost 3 and a half years younger, for a start... Besides, Sir Les has in no way been linked to SUFC, other than on this board (which, I'm afraid, makes it 100% a silly-season rumour), so let's at least try to get a player in whom Tilly has previously expressed an interest and who, according to KS's mate, has been seen at the Hall today...

rock.gif

Matt

he would be the strength and experience we need upfront. Him, gray, freddy and one more would be perfect and I think we would have the majority of our squad. Getting goosebumps thinking about it.

biggrin.gif

Looks like whatever has been discussed has been concluded as Goater has now left Roots Hall.

Waiting with baited breath!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ July 28 2005,14:55)]he would be the strength and experience we need upfront. Him, gray, freddy and one more would be perfect and I think we would have the majority of our squad. Getting goosebumps thinking about it.

biggrin.gif
Goat, Gray, Eastwood, Oli or Dudfield -with Lawson in the wings - would be a superb front quartet...

Back