• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours I have just heard news about Mohsni

I wasn't at the game, so I'm yet to see Mohsni's tackle, however, from the descriptions of it and from the picture posted earlier it looks like he has tried to kick the ball, in much the same way as the Northampton player he ended up kicking. But for Mohsni's height and athleticism the decision could very well have gone the other way round. All in all a daft tackle that no doubt came from his eagerness to get involved and make a difference. Is that a defense? Not really, as it was stupid. That doesn't mean it needs to get played up anymore than what it was.

Just to highlight the point, there have been many examples of stupidity recently, such as Cresswell's red card. At least Mohsni was sent off making a tackle whereas Cresswell showed a violent reaction off the ball, which was utterly needless and even more disappointing given the situation we currently find ourselves.

As well as this, Woodyard gifted Cheltenham a goal through a hack that was equally as mindless as Mohsni's. In his situation he never even had a hope of winning the ball and put us in a situation that we never really showed any signs of recovery from, much like what Mohsni did today (though to the credit of the 10 men on the field, they did give us some fleeting hope...).

All of these mistakes have been stupid, all of them have deserved criticism. What doesn't need to happen is for a player to get thrown out completely if he is willing to work back from what has happened. Mohsni has been away from the team for a long time now and in the real world, unlike in internet forums, tempers and fallings out can cool over in a time period like that. It would seem that the management felt that it would be possible, perhaps heavily influenced by our current squad crisis, to bring him back into the fold.

Call it hero worship if you like, but Bilel Mohsni is a player who has shown before that he has talent and that he can apply that talent in a number of areas and I for one hope that we can work him back into the squad to make the most of all his good aspects. Lord knows we've had to deal with his worst.

How the hell can you say you wasn't at the game then carry on with your post .........

How the hell can you say you wasn't at the game then carry on with your post .........
Because, even though I didn't see the tackle, I listened to the game and heard how it unfolded.
Because I have been capable of reading what other people have been said about it and drawing conclusions from a wide range of sources.
Because I was making points that related to other games, the footage of which I have seen.
Because the points I make look at a wider context rather than trying to make a point as to the exact situation.

Pick your favourite.

Disagree with what I have to say if you will, that is the point of the forum, but at least have the decency to read what I've said.

Because, even though I didn't see the tackle, I listened to the game and heard how it unfolded.
Because I have been capable of reading what other people have been said about it and drawing conclusions from a wide range of sources.
Because I was making points that related to other games, the footage of which I have seen.
Because the points I make look at a wider context rather than trying to make a point as to the exact situation.

Pick your favourite.

Disagree with what I have to say if you will, that is the point of the forum, but at least have the decency to read what I've said.

Sorry - if you wasn't at the game or seen the tackle you cannot have an opinion about it from reading or listening about it ! BBC Essex said at the end of the game that it was a Kung foo kick to someone's rib cage - that sound like a run of the mill nothing challenge to you then does it ?

Pick your favourite.

To be fair mate, pretty hard to make an assessment based on other peoples 'blinkered' (Pro or against) opinons on this forum. If you haven't seen the incident, it's hard to judge.

Pick your favourite.

Just read a bit more of your text - how the hell can you say Moshni incident was a "tackle" ???????? There was no need for the challenge , that is point ! We had three players around the ball, it was in the centre circle , and it was in front if the ref - but again suppose you needed to see it to realise the points that I've made here !

Who never got 83 points in this league...

It's not about how many points you get - it's about where you finish in the table.

Seasons differ, for instance LeagueTwo is very poor this season and no-one is a stand out side, pretty similar to League One the year that we won the title

Look at relegation too, West Ham were relegated one season on more points than teams survived on nearly every other premiership season.

Like I said, it's about where you finish, not how many points you get

Pick your favourite.

Carried on reading - why the hell would you want this person near the squad !! How many more chances do you give someone ?? His mental state is a joke, his own self belief in himself is a joke (as proved why he is still here at roots hall) ! I said to the person next to me at the game that I would hate to play alongside someone like Moshni, he is a powder keg of unpredictability - where you would be scared to pull him up on a mistake , how is this beneficial to a team ??? We have always looked a better "team" without Moshni ! His detrimental affect on the team far outweighs any talent he may have !

Just read a bit more of your text - how the hell can you say Moshni incident was a "tackle" ???????? There was no need for the challenge , that is point ! We had three players around the ball, it was in the centre circle , and it was in front if the ref - but again suppose you needed to see it to realise the points that I've made here !

I did see it and I thought EL2T's post was right on the money. Both players had high feet. I get the reasons, we all know what's gone before, but there seem to be a lot of people who wanted Mohsni to fail today.

Sorry - if you wasn't at the game or seen the tackle you cannot have an opinion about it from reading or listening about it ! BBC Essex said at the end of the game that it was a Kung foo kick to someone's rib cage - that sound like a run of the mill nothing challenge to you then does it ?
I haven't said its a run of the mill tackle. It was a bad tackle. That's been widely acknowledged. Its also not what I'm talking about in my post, which is about the reaction to it relative to what else has happened recently.

To be fair mate, pretty hard to make an assessment based on other peoples 'blinkered' (Pro or against) opinons on this forum. If you haven't seen the incident, it's hard to judge.
As above really, I'm not trying to defend the tackle but no one seems to be describing as an off the ball incident in which Mohsni has fly kicked a man. That's where I'm trying to draw a distinction between what he's done and what Cresswell did. Unless this conclusion is completely wrong, there is enough evidence for me to make my points, which, as previously stated, had very little to do with the tackle.

I did see it and I thought EL2T's post was right on the money. Both players had high feet. I get the reasons, we all know what's gone before, but there seem to be a lot of people who wanted Mohsni to fail today.

Yeah, I wanted 10 players for 70 mins - have a word with yourself !

I haven't said its a run of the mill tackle. It was a bad tackle. That's been widely acknowledged. Its also not what I'm talking about in my post, which is about the reaction to it relative to what else has happened recently.

As above really, I'm not trying to defend the tackle but no one seems to be describing as an off the ball incident in which Mohsni has fly kicked a man. That's where I'm trying to draw a distinction between what he's done and what Cresswell did. Unless this conclusion is completely wrong, there is enough evidence for me to make my points, which, as previously stated, had very little to do with the tackle.

Yep Cresswell massively let us down - once, held his hands up !

Moshni has let us down time and time again - how many chances do you give someone . For me he is done, but for me he was done before the game started ! But Southbank Hank that does not mean I wanted him to fail, I'm Southend through and through and during the game I fully support the 11 players - but in Moshn's case I could only do that for 27 mins today and for me that sums it up !

Yeah, I wanted 10 players for 70 mins - have a word with yourself !

I'm good thanks. I didn't say you did want 10 players, but as you said before, you certainly weren't happy with Mohsni in the team. I get that and I get that the sending off only entrenches you further in your opinion. My view was that he was the best player on the pitch before the tackle which was far less culpable than our club captain's from the previous week. It's unbelievably painful that this happened today but I've taken it more as a really unfortunate incident than something to conclude Mohsni's career at Southend, for or against.

The 'I told you so' posts are a long way wide of the mark for me.

It's not about how many points you get - it's about where you finish in the table.

Seasons differ, for instance LeagueTwo is very poor this season and no-one is a stand out side, pretty similar to League One the year that we won the title

Look at relegation too, West Ham were relegated one season on more points than teams survived on nearly every other premiership season.

Like I said, it's about where you finish, not how many points you get

Surely that only goes to suggest that, season on season, managers are at the behest of circumstances beyond their control? As you say, the West Ham side that were relegated on 42 points were extremely unlucky to do so. Had they managed to stay up, it's unlikely Roeder would've been given just three games of the subsequent season before being dismissed.

Our injury crisis has decimated Sturrock's options and left us needing to recall Mohsni. Had someone - anyone - been able to line up alongside Prosser today I doubt the thought would've even entered his mind. In comparison, Fleetwood dropped several hundred thousand pounds to reinforce their promotion charge, a luxury we simply don't have.

To simply look at it as "we weren't promoted, therefor Sturrock has failed" does Luggy a huge disservice, as it completely removes the context of Sturrock's job and the constraints he's had to work under.

I'm good thanks. I didn't say you did want 10 players, but as you said before, you certainly weren't happy with Mohsni in the team. I get that and I get that the sending off only entrenches you further in your opinion. My view was that he was the best player on the pitch before the tackle which was far less culpable than our club captain's from the previous week. It's unbelievably painful that this happened today but I've taken it more as a really unfortunate incident than something to conclude Mohsni's career at Southend, for or against.

The 'I told you so' posts are a long way wide of the mark for me.

You are absolutely spot on - before the 27th minute he was our best player. I cheered and clapped every header and every tackle and every pass - but when he Kung foo kicked his way into the referees book - I did not think, oh well he has played well up until now so never mind eh ! Also did you notice that none of the other players were arguing with the ref about the decision - nope neither did - because they all knew that he was off as well.

Why keep comparing to Cresswell - I've said that he was totally unprofessional and let us down - but the point, again is, that was once and most likely during his career with us maybe the only time he lets us down. The issue with Moshin, again is, that he continues to let us down. Maybe I'm not as forgiving as you or others, but people can only push you so far sometimes and Moshni has excelled that by some distance ! Not just his on field antics but the disgraceful way he has disrespected the club we both support all season - but if you are happy with that , fine !

This is not I told you so, this is just the way I feel.

I wasn't at the game, so I'm yet to see Mohsni's tackle, however, from the descriptions of it and from the picture posted earlier it looks like he has tried to kick the ball, in much the same way as the Northampton player he ended up kicking. But for Mohsni's height and athleticism the decision could very well have gone the other way round. All in all a daft tackle that no doubt came from his eagerness to get involved and make a difference. Is that a defense? Not really, as it was stupid. That doesn't mean it needs to get played up anymore than what it was.

Just to highlight the point, there have been many examples of stupidity recently, such as Cresswell's red card. At least Mohsni was sent off making a tackle whereas Cresswell showed a violent reaction off the ball, which was utterly needless and even more disappointing given the situation we currently find ourselves.

As well as this, Woodyard gifted Cheltenham a goal through a hack that was equally as mindless as Mohsni's. In his situation he never even had a hope of winning the ball and put us in a situation that we never really showed any signs of recovery from, much like what Mohsni did today (though to the credit of the 10 men on the field, they did give us some fleeting hope...).

All of these mistakes have been stupid, all of them have deserved criticism. What doesn't need to happen is for a player to get thrown out completely if he is willing to work back from what has happened. Mohsni has been away from the team for a long time now and in the real world, unlike in internet forums, tempers and fallings out can cool over in a time period like that. It would seem that the management felt that it would be possible, perhaps heavily influenced by our current squad crisis, to bring him back into the fold.

Call it hero worship if you like, but Bilel Mohsni is a player who has shown before that he has talent and that he can apply that talent in a number of areas and I for one hope that we can work him back into the squad to make the most of all his good aspects. Lord knows we've had to deal with his worst.

A very very good post.

I also think a lot of Mohsni's problems stemmed around the Hall, Dickinson and Ferdinand fiasco (though I may be wrong )
Mohsni is a winner and gives 100% all the time which in itself will lead to problems as seen today. But we do not want to castigate the bloke for wanting to win. Paul Sturrock does need to help him contain some of his enthusiasm though.
UTB

Back