• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we can stay up.

I think we will stay up. What say you?

• Total voters
18 games to play , we need to pick up half the points available , just to get to 40 points
that's double the points we got in the first 26 , so as long as win every other game and pick up a draw or two we are on track, that means our last 5 games current form (6 points from 15 ) is still not good enough.

It isn't impossible, but I cannot see us staying up at present, though there have been gradual signs of improvement, amidst all the off-pitch bollocks.

Well I voted that we will stay up, but only because I'm a glass three-quarters full kind of bloke. I can still see a microscopically slim chance, but I fear we missed the opportunity provided by the golden run of fixtures against the bottom six sides around us. Had we beaten four of those sides instead of drawing with them we would still be second from bottom but snapping at their heels. Much tougher fixtures lie ahead and we have lost Hopper. Time for Kelman and Goodship to step up and save us.

Jeez, who am I kidding......?

It's true that we remained undefeated in the last four games, against sides who, like us, are struggling towards the bottom of the table. I just wonder, for Ron, if those games were a litmus test? In all, the four brought us 6 points, which normally is not a bad return.................but not in our position. Maybe there was a target (minimum 8 points?) to give him some belief we could avoid the drop. Having not achieved that the exodus was allowed to begin. Losing Hopper and possibly Humphrys, in my view, just makes that task rather more difficult.
I fear the fragile confidence gained from Accrington risks being destroyed at Doncaster and indeed, IMHO the next four matches, against sides in middle/ upper-middle of the table will likely seal our fate for this awful season

Well I voted that we will stay up, but only because I'm a glass three-quarters full kind of bloke. I can still see a microscopically slim chance, but I fear we missed the opportunity provided by the golden run of fixtures against the bottom six sides around us. Had we beaten four of those sides instead of drawing with them we would still be second from bottom but snapping at their heels. Much tougher fixtures lie ahead and we have lost Hopper. Time for Kelman and Goodship to step up and save us.

Jeez, who am I kidding......?

Having been busy writing my own post, I didn't see yous before puting mine up. Funny how mine echoes much of what you have said, concerning the last four fixture, losing Hopper and the forthcoming games.

In some way Hopper going could be a good thing ... enough money for wages and shows the other players the benefit of playing well and maintaining excellent professional standards of fitness and performance .. plus opportunity knocks for some

Lets give it a go .

Sol has done a good job and Colbert is staying on ...

The unhappy Cox has gone down under ...

HERE WE GO !!!

Ah but where are we in the form table for the last 3 games? 5 points from 3 games, carry that on and we'll finish on around 42/43 points. Probably not enough, but wouldn't be far off.

If we go down, we can hopefully rebuild and get rid of the absolute shower that is the majority of our squad. If we stay up I win 130 quid so pint half full if u ask me.

if and it is a massive IF we stay up......how much are we going to have to pay out on a decent squad for next season to keep us from the trap door again, sadly if we go down then a huge clear but again the money will call the odds on how much the Management team will have to get us a team ready for the push again

sadly in sport nowadays the money dictates to how well you can do, unless you can bring some diamonds out of the non leagues or our own youth team

I am just happy that it's now pretty likely we won't get the record low Football League points total.

if and it is a massive IF we stay up......how much are we going to have to pay out on a decent squad for next season to keep us from the trap door again, sadly if we go down then a huge clear but again the money will call the odds on how much the Management team will have to get us a team ready for the push again

sadly in sport nowadays the money dictates to how well you can do, unless you can bring some diamonds out of the non leagues or our own youth team

Great post

The next 4 months or so should prove fairly interesting and i can certainly see a massive upturn in results. The 'shirkers, as it were, will now realise that come June / July they will not be a SUFC player and therefore will have no income, and very likely their League career in the balance to say the least.

The only way of attracting a new employer would be to pull their fingers out and give their all for the next few months in the hope that previous 'lack of effort / injuries' will be overlooked !

We are staying up. Absolutely no doubt. Nailed on. We are not losing another game this season and will finish with 50 points. This is the way.

And then we all wake up and realise it was just a dream and we finished bottom with 21 points.

The next 4 months or so should prove fairly interesting and i can certainly see a massive upturn in results. The 'shirkers, as it were, will now realise that come June / July they will not be a SUFC player and therefore will have no income, and very likely their League career in the balance to say the least.

The only way of attracting a new employer would be to pull their fingers out and give their all for the next few months in the hope that previous 'lack of effort / injuries' will be overlooked !

Very true and will be interesting to watch (possibly the only thing interesting to watch !)

We have no chance. Everyone is getting carried away because we have won 1 game. Lets be realistic we are the worst team in League 1 by a long way.

ive been watching the mighty blues since 1977... and this has to be one of the worst teams ive seen....we have no chance of staying up..we will beat the teams that have there down turn in form but not the teams in form.. looking forward to league 2 and the youngsters flying!

Nope, we won't stay up but to play on peoples minds a bit if we appointed Campbell when bond left he would have had an extra 9 games, if our form over the last month had started a month earlier........

Back