• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you like to see happen?

• Ron to remain and sort the mess out?

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • Ron to leave and new owners come in?

Votes: 76 39.8%
  • No bloody idea?

Votes: 86 45.0%

• Total voters
The S106 is not in place, despite being told it was almost done about 2 years ago....well it wasn't a few weeks ago when I asked the Council. No deals have been agreed for Prospects (The complete opposite in this case) or the remaining businesses/homes on Vic Ave. In fact I am sure I saw St Mary's Court flats (some of them) were being rented out to housing association individuals.

Fair enough I didn't know that.

Could we have another option on the vote ? - 'Ron Martin might die before this is all sorted out '

I think it is important to deal with the facts here:

Sainsbury are reviewing the project. BUT there is no OFFICIAL line that they have pulled out...yet.

However, there are strong RUMOURS from several different and well placed sources, that this decision is imminent and will not be a positive one.

So let's see what happens and in the meantime discuss between ourselves the possible outcomes, with an open mind on all eventualities.

Could deal be struck to remain at Roots Hall?....... What about a redesign.......turn the pitch around and move slighty with the West stand being a goal end ,demolish the rest in stages and build new stands.If you look at the ariel view a large developement for housing /commercial would be possible on the North side of the site which might settle any bills. At Fossetts amend and still build the retail side as a source of income

I have heard that todate Sainsbury have not pulled out yet and we are still waiting on a decision and at present the we are still under contract with them.

Still a wait and see situation for the timebeing.

Could deal be struck to remain at Roots Hall?....... What about a redesign.......turn the pitch around and move slighty with the West stand being a goal end ,demolish the rest in stages and build new stands.If you look at the ariel view a large developement for housing /commercial would be possible on the North side of the site which might settle any bills. At Fossetts amend and still build the retail side as a source of income

We cant rebuild without the funds generated by the sale of Roots Hall. Building houses on the site with a stadium wouldnt generate enough.

Then you have to consider the long term problem, the stadium will still not generate any more money than the current one and we would still be loss making.

The simple remedy,

Assuming the council agree?

Sell RH and FF and build a stadium(completed) at B&L!

Boots and Laces is Fossets Farm. You can't sell the land then build on it unless you want to become a tenant.

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Chairman Trigg

We cant rebuild without the funds generated by the sale of Roots Hall. Building houses on the site with a stadium wouldnt generate enough.

Then you have to consider the long term problem, the stadium will still not generate any more money than the current one​

but doesn't Ron own the Fossetts site ? which must hold the potentail to generate lending or income to enable the rebuild,along with a potential to redevelope a large part of the Roots Hall site.Also the new build of 3 new sides would allow the incorporation of new revenue streams

With regards to Roots Hall development, Steve Kavanagh said there were several improvements he'd like to make to Roots Hall, but couldn't because the timescales of the new stadium being built were unclear. He couldn't prove that the initial outlay of these improvements would be worthwhile, as he didn't know how long they would be at Roots Hall to reap the rewards, and therefore no costs benefit analysis could take place.

Changes such as the boxes (which are awful in sales) being knocked down into a large viewing lounge, where fans could sit and eat, and watch the game; Improvements to the catering facilities, enabling better product, and improved ease of service to allow more customers to be served efficiently.

If Sainsburys pull out, I fully expect him to push Ron very hard to get these implemented so that we can start improving our medium term cash flow.

With regards to Roots Hall development, Steve Kavanagh said there were several improvements he'd like to make to Roots Hall, but couldn't because the timescales of the new stadium being built were unclear. He couldn't prove that the initial outlay of these improvements would be worthwhile, as he didn't know how long they would be at Roots Hall to reap the rewards, and therefore no costs benefit analysis could take place.

Changes such as the boxes (which are awful in sales) being knocked down into a large viewing lounge, where fans could sit and eat, and watch the game; Improvements to the catering facilities, enabling better product, and improved ease of service to allow more customers to be served efficiently.

If Sainsburys pull out, I fully expect him to push Ron very hard to get these implemented so that we can start improving our medium term cash flow.

More onions? Surely the cost can be recouped pretty easily.

Joking aside. I remember a long time ago there used to be a mini club shop at the back of the West Stand. It must be worth giving that a go again. I'm almost certain most of the people who sit in the West Stand never go any where near the club shop on a normal match day.

I don't think that makes any sense. Please elaborate.

We build on the training complex only thus allowing the remainder of FF to be converted into property likewise with RH,Everyone wins as Ron makes millions whilst the council have loads of empty properties to house homeless tenants and we get a decent stadium .

We build on the training complex only thus allowing the remainder of FF to be converted into property likewise with RH,Everyone wins as Ron makes millions whilst the council have loads of empty properties to house homeless tenants and we get a decent stadium .

Have you been down to B&L lately? What size stadium do you think we'd fit onto that plot of land?

Back