• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Totally this, I was a nervous wreck the entire match until Juppy scored as it meant so much. It was just a day out for all the JPT games, and losing didnt upset me too much. If we reach Wembley I doubt Ill be in good voice as Ill be too nervous to sing. In terms of the atmosphere between the JPT and play off finals, I didnt notice too much difference in atmosphere, I was in disbelief as why we only took 6k though.

Agreed with this - what a day, possibly my favourite ever as a Blues fan

The question seems to have been about the total crowd rather than just our support. I'd say it would be a bit bigger.

The JPT final attendance last season was 43,842.
I very much doubt the League 2 play-off final crowd this season will be anywhere near that, even if we get there.

I reckon about 20 to 25 thousand if we get there,reckoning on a hardcore of say 6 to 7 thousand taking 2 family members or friends plus day trippers.

Under 20 thousand, if we get York, Cods, or Burton in the final each of these is likely to be very under represented in the stands versus us.

I've been to all the Cardiff finals and went to Wembley last year. This year, due to bad planning on my part, I won't be able to attend if we make it as I'm in Germany :sad:

The JPT final at wembley was auful for attmosphere. To be honest if we got there again i'd rather it was at a league ground where 20,000 or so wont be lost inside the stadium. It might have been where I was sitting but it was like being in the posh seats at the cinema where the next person is a foot or so away from you. It also seemed like everyone around me were just chatting and not getting behind the team at all. Hated it.... and we bloody lost which probably had someting to do with it.

The JPT final at wembley was auful for attmosphere. To be honest if we got there again i'd rather it was at a league ground where 20,000 or so wont be lost inside the stadium. It might have been where I was sitting but it was like being in the posh seats at the cinema where the next person is a foot or so away from you. It also seemed like everyone around me were just chatting and not getting behind the team at all. Hated it.... and we bloody lost which probably had someting to do with it.
I think the Emirates would be a good suit for a play off final, Wembley far too big.

I saw Saracens v Harlequins in front of 84,000 at Wembley a month or so ago and the atmosphere was no better than at our JPT appearance there.
A play off final there would be so much more intense - I think the Cardiff play off final ranks higher than promotion at Swansea or winning League one in terms of intensity - think I held my breath for the whole game!

I really am not too sure about this small exclusive club of 'core' supporters. With that 30K+ crowd we had at Wembley, I would expect a number of them, given that we are in a new ground and a higher division, would become regular supporters. I suppose if you asked Swansea about their additional 15,000 'hangers on' or Brighton about their extra 20,000 at the gate, they wouldn't be too critical of them. Think I could baear a little less 'exclusivity' as a supporter, if it meant we were getting larger crowds in League One or the Championship and helping to pay our way as a club.

Last edited:
I saw Saracens v Harlequins in front of 84,000 at Wembley a month or so ago and the atmosphere was no better than at our JPT appearance there.
A play off final there would be so much more intense - I think the Cardiff play off final ranks higher than promotion at Swansea or winning League one in terms of intensity - think I held my breath for the whole game!

I know what you mean....when freddy put us 1 up I just kind of screamed up into the rafters...sheer relief

Of which probably no more than a quarter were actual fans of the respective teams. Those events are always more about the day out than anything else.

I suspect we'd take around 20,000 - worth bearing in mind a lot of folk will already have made plans for the bank holiday, plus the novelty factor for a lot of our day trippers is no longer there.

We'd take about 12,000 tops and I would say that'd be matched. So total attendance about 25,000.

the crap atmosphere was not helped by the timing of the goals. If we had scored with 10 mins left and looked like we could score again I think it would have been totally different.

one thing for sure , reading threads from the time I will not be going up on the train (crap atmosphere /wickford/train/liverpool street/Wembley way , and will NOT decide to avoid the pub at Wembley because it will be packed and impossible to get to the bar . Massively disappointing day in all respects.

Lastly - if we get the opportunity can the club get a proper TBV section this time , not a massive section sitting hundreds with all of the singers spread out so we couldn't make an impact and the whole idea falls apart

I've been to all the Cardiff finals and went to Wembley last year. This year, due to bad planning on my part, I won't be able to attend if we make it as I'm in Germany :sad:

I will see your finals and raise you all the promotion awaydays as well 80s onwards. Getting to Wembley again would be costly but worth it.

Anyone know how the financials work?
hoping one benefit of the playoffs for the club is £££
both legs of the semis plus Wembley also televised
If we go up this is probably the most profitable route?
If I say, touch wood etc etc

Back