• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it would be about the same as the JPT. The reason Cardiff was such "poor" turn out was we got there twice before and the travel costs.
Wembley only cost £10 on the train so much much cheaper plus less than 2 hours round trip.

Would of loved a Southend Vs Oxford final as I reckon we could of seen 60k plus attend

We'd take about 12,000 tops and I would say that'd be matched. So total attendance about 25,000.

You are probably under-estimating Southend interest and grossly over-estimating any opposition attendance. I can't see any of the other play-off clubs mustering 12,000.

Us around 18k, opposition likely to be around 10k at best, total around 27k / 28k. Tension will be higher for a play off final than the JPT, but atmosphere will have a lot to do with a) the team actually giving the crowd something to get excited about, i.e. scoring a goal instead of conceding one after a few minutes, and b) somehow managing to get TBV all located close together in one section of the ground. There's been plenty of games at RH where the opposition score early on and its killed the atmosphere. If you want the place to be rocking the team has to do their bit and at all the LDV/JPT finals it has failed miserably.

We will definitely take more than 12,000, Id say 20,0000ish. Then my estimate of the last trip I vastly underestimated it so who knows?

Anyone know how the financials work?
hoping one benefit of the playoffs for the club is £££
both legs of the semis plus Wembley also televised
If we go up this is probably the most profitable route?
If I say, touch wood etc etc

I don't think the income is that great.
The league split the gate receipts between the 4 semi-finalists and take quite a chunk of the play-off semi-final and final receipts. Also the live games are already part of the up front Sky money, so I would imagine just a small amount probably similar to having a normal league match shown live and nothing like the money paid out for live FA cup games.

So yes it is probably slightly better financially than going up top 3, but then if we had been top 3 all season we might have had some bigger home crowds anyway.

May not be a massive earner, but a full house at Roots Hall is a nice extra sum to have on its own, plus if we were to get to the final we could sell more foam hands.

Or do we not keep our own home gate receipts ?

So if Ive read that right, looks like we get 25% of 50% of the total semi final and final gates.

Bearing in mind our attendance will no doubt be the biggest means we lose out the most.

So if Ive read that right, looks like we get 25% of 50% of the total semi final and final gates.

Bearing in mind our attendance will no doubt be the biggest means we lose out the most.

Certainly does, life's a bitch sometimes. But I can live with it if it means Div 1 football next season.:smiles:

My reading is 25% of 50% of all four semi final gates AND 50% of 50% of the final gate.

My reading is 25% of 50% of all four semi final gates AND 50% of 50% of the final gate.

Yes think you are right.

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.

So 50% goes into the general pool, which I think we still get a share of, then as you say we get 50% of 50% of the gate.

Thats a bit better then, although with a gate of about 25-30,000 that wont be a lot.

100% I won't be at Wembley as I'm on holiday. That's IF we get to Wembley

Am I the only one on here that reckons we'll get a crowd similar to last time.......i.e. around 30K. IF we get to Wembley I think many on here are grossly underestimating the interest and excitement that is going to be whipped up by a successful (televised) semi-final campaign.
If it were to be York City in the Final, they brought down less than 10K for their play-off Final two years ago..........and that was to get back in the Football League!

Am I the only one on here that reckons we'll get a crowd similar to last time.......i.e. around 30K. IF we get to Wembley I think many on here are grossly underestimating the interest and excitement that is going to be whipped up by a successful (televised) semi-final campaign.
If it were to be York City in the Final, they brought down less than 10K for their play-off Final two years ago..........and that was to get back in the Football League!

I took 15 people to Wembley last time but I cant imagine half of them will come again should we get through as they have been there seen it, done it.

I took 15 people to Wembley last time but I cant imagine half of them will come again should we get through as they have been there seen it, done it.

Same for me. 17 people last year. Probs 7 or 8 if we get through.

Probably the same here. I took 10, of which about 2-3 may go again.
Similar for me, I took a couple of friends from my home town and their kids as they'd never get to Wembley with their armchair teams but they prob won't want to go again.

And aren't Playoff tickets a bit more expensive than JPT final ones?

20,000 I'd say.

Back