• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think I got past that issue by signing up for it in the initial week of the season before they were so stringent.

I've been fortunate in that I have been able to use my daughter's address and bank card. Somewhere on one of the iFollow threads here, someone posted info on a facility to create a single-use "foreign" credit card to make a payment, and a "random US address generator". I had a look at the card generator, and it looked reasonably sound.

I feel sorry for you guys. You've paid for a service you're not getting. Surely you should be getting a good picture that doesn't freeze, and audio that is in sync. I think you should all email iFollow to let them know of all the problems.

Theres no provision for audio at all. Audio and video are two different services and playing both alongside each other is never likely to be in sync as you are relying on two different providers supplying the data.

It would be nice if they overlayed the radio but to be honest radio commentary over video is always a bit odd as they are too descriptive.

Theres no provision for audio at all. Audio and video are two different services and playing both alongside each other is never likely to be in sync as you are relying on two different providers supplying the data.

It would be nice if they overlayed the radio but to be honest radio commentary over video is always a bit odd as they are too descriptive.

Not sure I agree with that.The Fulham radio commentary that I heard on one live game so far this season and on the match highlights of other games has been much better than ours on BBC Essex.

Not sure I agree with that.The Fulham radio commentary that I heard on one live game so far this season and on the match highlights of other games has been much better than ours on BBC Essex.

By the very fact its a radio commentary they have to commentate in a different way to TV. Its just odd to listen to and watch, but if it were overlayed I would probably opt for it as watching a game with no commentary is odd in itself.

Oh, I took it for granted there would be audio included when watching a live game. So it's better than nothing, but a pretty poor service.

Oh, I took it for granted there would be audio included when watching a live game. So it's better than nothing, but a pretty poor service.

I wasnt expecting audio, its one thing providing a live video stream, but to provide commentary for every game would mean far more logistics.

As for a poor service its funny how quickly people become accustomed to something, a year ago the thought of being able to watch every single Southend game online live would have been an amazing prospect. Now its, meh, theres not audio. Lol.

Picture is the issue, sound is a secondary thing. As most would agree picture is the main selling point, choppy lagging and stop start is not a great selling point.

Sound only available for tonight's game?

Yep video for league games.

Picture is the issue, sound is a secondary thing. As most would agree picture is the main selling point, choppy lagging and stop start is not a great selling point.

Worked fine on my PC and laptop. Picture quality could be a bit better but its worked better for me than NowTV ever did.

Can anyone get the sound working for the game, I'm logged in but it won't even let me listen live? Keeps throwing me out to the sign in screen for 130 euros, which I've already paid
Any help would be great

Hi all,

I'm trying to sign up for the Rochdale game tonight for a fiver but there is no subscribe tab on the ifollowwebsite. It says you can sign up for this at Match Centre, which I cannot locate.

Any help gratefully received.

Usually the links come up in the 1/2 hour before a game. Also once registered it can save cc details for a faster transaction if needed

Couple of things I learned about iFollow during this week's match by experimenting during quiet periods (ie while the match was on). May be useful for those on limited bandwidth or VPN.

VPN is only required for payment / logging on. After that, you can turn the VPN off and still watch the stream. I sort-of found this out by accident last week, but I checked again today. With the VPN switched off, I was able to log back in again and still pick up the stream.

As my bandwidth is limited , this is beneficial for me. Quality tends to deteriorate in the 2nd half of games, and it did so again today. When things froze today for me in the 2nd half, I turned off the VPN, and quality improved. In fact, I was able to up the quality to 540 whereas with VPN I have to leave it set at 240. I was then able to watch the rest of the game stutter-free for the first time.

On video quality generally, it is worthwhile experimenting with the iFollow quality settings anyway. I think that the "auto" setting may not always be set correctly esp for VPN users, so it is worthwhile having a play. Set to lowest at first and move up until it becomes unwatchable. As I say, my machine needs very different settings depending whether or not I am using VPN.

Obviously I am writing this on behalf of a friend, as it is not possible to watch the stream in the UK or Ireland.

Couple of things I learned about iFollow during this week's match by experimenting during quiet periods (ie while the match was on). May be useful for those on limited bandwidth or VPN.

VPN is only required for payment / logging on. After that, you can turn the VPN off and still watch the stream. I sort-of found this out by accident last week, but I checked again today. With the VPN switched off, I was able to log back in again and still pick up the stream.

As my bandwidth is limited , this is beneficial for me. Quality tends to deteriorate in the 2nd half of games, and it did so again today. When things froze today for me in the 2nd half, I turned off the VPN, and quality improved. In fact, I was able to up the quality to 540 whereas with VPN I have to leave it set at 240. I was then able to watch the rest of the game stutter-free for the first time.

On video quality generally, it is worthwhile experimenting with the iFollow quality settings anyway. I think that the "auto" setting may not always be set correctly esp for VPN users, so it is worthwhile having a play. Set to lowest at first and move up until it becomes unwatchable. As I say, my machine needs very different settings depending whether or not I am using VPN.

Obviously I am writing this on behalf of a friend, as it is not possible to watch the stream in the UK or Ireland.
I think this is not just important to vpn users. I do not need a vpn but after a perfect first half Ifound the stream freezing badly second half. I came out of the website and straight back in and restarted the stream. It was perfect again. This maybe a solution. Trying to sync the audio was very difficult as it was so far ahead. Also the audio went off again.

Exactly my experience, the first half was the best quality picture so far, but the second half it started to slow down, speed up etc very badly around 60 minute mark, so I logged out and logged in again and the picture was perfect for the rest of the match.

What browser are you using to watch it on?

This weekend's game was the best quality/most stable stream I've had so far, and synced the audio to the pictures without any real hassle this time too.

I!m still in awe that this is possible and I've seen every minute of every league game we've played so far this season from my lounge in Australia. Mind blowing, best 185 bucks I've ever spent.

Am i right in saying this weeks match with Charlton will NOT be streamed as i believe that they are one of few clubs to opt out....or has this changed..thanks?

Using Edge today for the first time. Was the best so far, but there were other factors as per my post earlier this evening

I always use chrome for everything and hate Edge, but ifollow didnt play for me in chrome and has been flawless in Edge so thats now the only thing I use it for.

Am i right in saying this weeks match with Charlton will NOT be streamed as i believe that they are one of few clubs to opt out....or has this changed..thanks?

Its listed on our page.

Didnt know they had opted out but you would think it would still be streamed as we have paid for the service even if they havent.

Back