• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This weekend's fixture at Charlton will be broadcast live on iFollow as all EFL clubs are now required to provide a live feed of their home games regardless of whether they have opted in to EFL Digital (iFollow). Charlton are the only team in League 1 that have not opted into the platform and instead offer a similar service provided directly by the club named "Valley Pass" - this however does not include the overseas live streaming element (which I doubt it would be cost effective for them to operate separately).

Only games in the EFL Cup, Trophy, play-offs and those selected for international TV broadcast will be blacked out this season.

This weekend's fixture at Charlton will be broadcast live on iFollow as all EFL clubs are now required to provide a live feed of their home games regardless of whether they have opted in to EFL Digital (iFollow). Charlton are the only team in League 1 that have not opted into the platform and instead offer a similar service provided directly by the club named "Valley Pass" - this however does not include the overseas live streaming element (which I doubt it would be cost effective for them to operate separately).

Only games in the EFL Cup, Trophy, play-offs and those selected for international TV broadcast will be blacked out this season.
Thanks for all that...perfect answer!

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...ive-season-broadcasting-deal-with-sky-sports/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rights-until-2024-with-more-matches-than-ever

From 2019/20 season, the iFollow subscription for UK subscribers will include live streaming for all games outside of the Saturday 14:45-17:15 slot (this includes league trophy fixtures). As an example, this season at least 12 games will be played outside of this time slot and would therefore be made available on iFollow as part of the new agreement.

In my view this is definitely a positive step forward and should start to drive subscription revenues for the club (although there is a possibility that this could be off-set by lower away support for some home fixtures).

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...ive-season-broadcasting-deal-with-sky-sports/

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...rights-until-2024-with-more-matches-than-ever

From 2019/20 season, the iFollow subscription for UK subscribers will include live streaming for all games outside of the Saturday 14:45-17:15 slot (this includes league trophy fixtures). As an example, this season at least 12 games will be played outside of this time slot and would therefore be made available on iFollow as part of the new agreement.

In my view this is definitely a positive step forward and should start to drive subscription revenues for the club (although there is a possibility that this could be off-set by lower away support for some home fixtures).

This is very encouraging news. I'll be subscribing to that for sure.

Expensive for live screening of 12 games though....if it's £5 per game, I'd be interested definitely.

It will kill any week night away support.

This isn't a positive for football in general

We'll see. I reckon most of the people who go to Shrewsbury tonight will still go to away games such as this in a couple of years time. It's what they do.

However, there is a fair chance that many more will pay a small sum to watch the game at home who otherwise would have followed it via the radio, on Twitter, via Sky Soccer Special, etc. If some of that money finds its way to the clubs then it could end up being a positive.

There is that danger, however it's a certain type of supporter that goes all the way to Shewsbury on a Tuesday night - I suspect watching football is a only small part of the reason (personally I've never been that hard-core!). If it was ever Saturdays also I would still go as watching football on TV is quite boring...in fact my kids have never sat through a whole game on TV (maybe cos it normally England) however put them in roots halls and they get right into it

There is that danger, however it's a certain type of supporter that goes all the way to Shewsbury on a Tuesday night - I suspect watching football is a only small part of the reason (personally I've never been that hard-core!). If it was ever Saturdays also I would still go as watching football on TV is quite boring...in fact my kids have never sat through a whole game on TV (maybe cos it normally England) however put them in roots halls and they get right into it

Agreed but what about charlton millwall gillingham on a Tuesday night? Imagine our support at gillingham if it's on tv. It would be non existent. It can't gee the players to come out to an empty away end at local matches.

We play quite a few Friday night games at home and this will make the away support non existent.

How much will this be worth financially to the club?

Isn't it about providing choice to the supporter? Why shouldn't I have the option to watch a a Tuesday evening game in Shrewsbury at home when I have no realistic chance of attending the game due to work commitments? Whether it be £5 per game or a season subscription at £150+, it adds to the existing revenue streams which benefits the club directly.

Football needs to modernise, striking a balance by restricting the number of available games such as Saturday afternoon seems a more than reasonable compromise if protecting attendances at the ground is a significant enough concern.

Would very much appreciate a non-techy, idiot's guide if you like, to obtaining a 'foreign' card/address and a VPN that allows me to see games. I am provided with BTInfinity 3 - so think I may have enough juice.
If there is such a guide somewhere in the copious thread already, maybe someone would be kind enough to redirect me?

Agreed but what about charlton millwall gillingham on a Tuesday night? Imagine our support at gillingham if it's on tv. It would be non existent. It can't gee the players to come out to an empty away end at local matches.

We play quite a few Friday night games at home and this will make the away support non existent.

How much will this be worth financially to the club?
Eh? We don't play Friday night home games anymore.

Would very much appreciate a non-techy, idiot's guide if you like, to obtaining a 'foreign' card/address and a VPN that allows me to see games. I am provided with BTInfinity 3 - so think I may have enough juice.
If there is such a guide somewhere in the copious thread already, maybe someone would be kind enough to redirect me?

For the iFollow thing the plugin for Google Chrome is called Hola.

Once installed – go to the ifollow website for southend, and then in the browser toolbar (at the top right) there should be a fire sprite symbol – click on this and you can choose the flag of the country you want to emulate. My friend went for Germany and then was able to just select the payment option (4 Euro each game!

For the iFollow thing the plugin for Google Chrome is called Hola.

Once installed – go to the ifollow website for southend, and then in the browser toolbar (at the top right) there should be a fire sprite symbol – click on this and you can choose the flag of the country you want to emulate. My friend went for Germany and then was able to just select the payment option (4 Euro each game!

Much obliged! Will give it a go.

Is there the same thing on an ipad? I have tunnel bear as a VPN, would that do the same job?

Tried it on my iphone and it seemed to be working OK, until I had to put in a German address.

Can I just choose a random German address?

Last edited:
Help, can't work it on the app on my iPad. Says I need to upgrade my subscription but nowhere does it tell me how to upgrade. Why is this so complicated

Back