• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Add that to the 500k for Isaac Hayden, money for Bentley and possible £1M from Iorfa Jr would make it a good summer for us financially
]
Defo.. adding it all together (at a guess) must be £2 million+ much needed money into the clubs coffers. Probably the most income we've had since selling Freddy to Wolves nearly a decade ago.

All credit has to be given to the coaches that has developed our youth team over the years, and please god, may it long continue. What with Ted Smith & Jack Bridge (to name but a few).

"The future looks bright.... The future looks blue"!! (Disclaimer: other mobile networks are available)

UTB
:happy:

Add that to the 500k for Isaac Hayden, money for Bentley and possible £1M from Iorfa Jr would make it a good summer for us financially

This is why we have been able to sign Cox who is rumoured to be on 5k pw.

If we can just sign a decent centre back and we are there.

A good summer for Ron. Unlikely much of it will be reinvested into the team. Lets hope it may get invested in the new Stadium at the least!

A good summer for Ron. Unlikely much of it will be reinvested into the team. Lets hope it may get invested in the new Stadium at the least!

It's tricky, isn't it - invest in the team, get lucky and get promoted into Division 2 and a ground that is not good enough ....... or invest in a ground but not the team and possibly have a new "Darlington" situation .............

......... I'm old enough to say that I'm glad I don't have to make those sort of decisions.

Maybe it will prop the club up week by week where we dont get 8,000 through the doors, which we will not.

Dismal day for SUFC, and can't read anymore about today's performance so decided to check how young Jack did today.

Apparrently MotM according to some Terriers fans on their Forum, so we'll done Jack, apparently the ball sticks to his feet! (Their fan pages are not locked, so viewable without joining BTW)

Beat Brentford 2-1 today

Wonder if he and Bents hugged after the game?

Every time they went over to their game on Soccer Saturday Payne seemed to be being talked about. Sounded like they gave him a bit of a free role.

Every time they went over to their game on Soccer Saturday Payne seemed to be being talked about. Sounded like they gave him a bit of a free role.
Very impressive debut from him today. He's going to have to go some to keep Kasey Palmer out of the team though, who scored with his first touch 60 seconds after replacing Payne

Brought a good save from his pal Bentley as shown on the highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10525665/huddersfield-2-1-brentford

Kasey Palmer is a very impressive young man from Chelsea, similar in many ways to Paynes o will be interesting to see how things develop.

Started today and didn't score. Taken off after 78 or so minutes for Kasey Palmer, from Chelsea, who scored.

He might not have scored but the Huddersfield fans are raving about him on their post match thread, some even saying he was MotM.

He might not have scored but the Huddersfield fans are raving about him on their post match thread, some even saying he was MotM.

He was probably confused as he has never been picked to play in the first game of the season before............

I think its safe to say they liked him- quotes all from different posters
http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/100714/jack-payne?page=4

Not fair really to single any Players out as they all did so well.

However!, really impressed today with Lolley and Mooy but Jack Payne for me is everything Dwayne Holmes should (and could) have been for us. This Lad was superb today, great engine on him, he was everywhere and the Lad has bags of skill.

Think we have unearthed a real gem here.
------------

I gave him a standing ovation when he went off. I must have looked odd as everyone else within a 20 seat radius were still sat down.

Out of all our new players, I was most impressed with Payne.

----------------
Agreed, I thought he was superb, great signing

--------------
Yep solid performance from him with some very nice skill I thought, and for a small lad he holds the ball surprisingly well, didn't look physically weak at all.

Will hopefully get better as he plays more but certainly didn't look out of place yesterday.
-------------

Lovely to watch dribbling is back in, drives at the opposition great work rate and burst of pace that bunn lacks although different type of player.

--------------
Jack Payne was absolutely outstanding yesterday. Intelligent on the ball, the fastest feet I've seen at our stadium, but also willing to put his body about when needed. One of the best debuts we've ever had.
---------------
There were a couple of times in front of us in the Lawrence Batley where he switched the ball in his feet so quickly that you just could see it / have a clue where it was. That's got to be impossible to defend against.
--------------
He got stuck in and even made a nuisance of him self with a couple of aerial challenges. Leagues ahead of Matmour.

---------
Amazing how he gets his body inbetween defenders they have to foul him to stop him. He was unbelievable

-------------
Thought he was terrific. As was Kachung. As was Mooy.
--------------
Oh me too. He just wants the ball all the time, wants to create. He will face better defenders and they will start to do their homework on him but he appears to have the beating of players on the ground. He took 15-20 to settle but then he just grew & grew into the game. It was as impressive a debut as I've seen at town, at a very good level and he just seemed very comfortable. He's gonna be a star. Oh and yes a serious burst of the pace just after he receives it for the first few yards. He's got goals in him too.

----------------
Mr 120% man. He's an idiot. I'm surprised he's not been picked up earlier. You forget about his size after 10 minutes because he's so busy and dangerous in possession. He'll be the guy that opens up the top 8 for us....if we keep wells we will be a serious threat this year as we clearly lacked a finisher yesterday. Shoud've been out of sight by half time. I remain to be convinced about the back four too.
-----------
It was the intelligence of his interchanges with Mooy that impressed me most. They had almost immediate understanding of each other. Little spells in the first half when they were a bit mesmeric.

---------
He linked up very well with Lolley as well, both very tricky and interchangeable. Can see those two dovetailing very well.
-----------
That move in the first half (around 35-40mins?) with Lolley's run into the box, defenders half-cleared only for Payne to dance round them again seconds later- possibly the best football I've seen from a town side this century.
------------

They certainly sound impressed. Lot of doubters will be proved wrong about Jack Payne and Bentley this season

As we all know though , footballers are either ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT or COMPLETELY USELESS ( or words to that effect!) ......FACT ( essential to use this word now , i think its like STOP on a telegram ( one for the old uns there ) )

For the past couple of years all ive read on here was how totally rubbish Kevan Hurst was , ( i didnt agree ) , but i fully expect in the Mansfield area one could read a rather different view point !

Back