• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

After games played:
Season
League
Pl
W
D
L
F
A
GD
Pts
End of season
Pts
Position
2004-05
Coca-Cola Football League Two
4th - Promoted (play-off winners)
2005-06
Coca-Cola Football League One
1st - Promoted (league champions)
2006-07
Coca-Cola Football Championship
22nd - Relegated
2007-08
6th - Play-off Semi-finalists
2008-09
8th
2009-10
23rd - Relegated
2010-11
npower Football League Two
13th
2011-12
4th - Play-off Semi-finalists
2012-13
11th
2013-14
Sky Bet Football League Two
5th - Play-off Semi-finalists
2014-15
Sky Bet Football League Two
5th - Promoted (play-off winners)
2015-16
Sky Bet Football League One
15th
2016-17
7th
2017-18

We're on similar form to the 2008/09 and 2009/10 League One campaigns.
In 2009/10, we sold Lee Barnard and got relegated (on top of other financial difficulties).
What happened in 2008/09 to turnaround the form? Who did we sign?

Phil Brown has said in an interview with chris Phillips that he is talking to a player tomorrow and hopes to have him signed up by Saturday and has a striker coming in on loan...

We're on similar form to the 2008/09 and 2009/10 League One campaigns.
In 2009/10, we sold Lee Barnard and got relegated (on top of other financial difficulties).
What happened in 2008/09 to turnaround the form? Who did we sign?
Dervite on loan.

Be interesting to see how the two youngsters Colchester poached from non league Maldon and Tiptree go ? Both signed yesterday for undisclosed fees, aged 20 and 23 respectively and 46 goals scored between the striker and winger in a total of just 63 games. Oh for just a little bit of that excitement still at least Zavon Hines has signed for Chesterfield or we might have been in for him again?

And a certain Theo Robinson.

Personally I wouldn’t be giving Brown any money to spend. I can’t believe RM has faith in him to spend it wisely.

How much has PB spent on transfers since we were promoted to L1?

Be interesting to see how the two youngsters Colchester poached from non league Maldon and Tiptree go ? Both signed yesterday for undisclosed fees, aged 20 and 23 respectively and 46 goals scored between the striker and winger in a total of just 63 games. Oh for just a little bit of that excitement still at least Zavon Hines has signed for Chesterfield or we might have been in for him again?

I was at the Witham v Maldon game on Monday, that lad Junior scored a brilliant winning goal, real class control and finish.

Did wonder whether there had been any interest in him. That said, the Bostik League Div 1 North is a looong way down.

Probs paid a bit for them and only need to step up to L2 rather than L1. Very different. I’d rather us keep trying to bring our youth through than sign some one else’s.

Probs paid a bit for them and only need to step up to L2 rather than L1. Very different. I’d rather us keep trying to bring our youth through than sign some one else’s.
Totally agree....... there will never be a better chance for the youngsters to stake a claim. Let the youth have a go.

Didn't Liam Nash sign for Gillingham from Maldon in the summer. Played against us at the start of the season. Now on loan at Leatherhead.

We have signed our non league diamond in Ba this year. With Ranger gone the top priority will be a big number 9 who can step straight in at this level.......We might have a pleasant surprise by tomorrow

I think we've got enough quality but we need a more physical presence up front , someone hard running , big strong + horrible who gets in the oppositions faces. I absolutely hated the dirty so and so Morris who tormented our defence for Shrewsbury last week but thats exactly the sort of player who could unsettle teams so that the likes of Cox , Wordsworth and McLaughlin can profit from.

UTB

We didn't pay anything for these lads, we have a direct link with Maldon and Tiptree supplying their manager (Kevin Horlock) the assistant manager, the physio and another coach our old player Paul Abrahams. They also all work for us behind the scenes working with the under 23s under 18s etc. We loan out some of our younger players to them in order for these lads to get some experience against older players and we get first pick on any of their more promising players. For such a small club we have a huge number of coaches and support staff behind the scenes I don't know how we pay them all! https://www.cu-fc.com/club/whos-who-contact-details/

I see Dan Holman signed for orient on loan yesterday, I wonder if he will get many goals to help them climb the league

We didn't pay anything for these lads, we have a direct link with Maldon and Tiptree supplying their manager (Kevin Horlock) the assistant manager, the physio and another coach our old player Paul Abrahams. They also all work for us behind the scenes working with the under 23s under 18s etc. We loan out some of our younger players to them in order for these lads to get some experience against older players and we get first pick on any of their more promising players. For such a small club we have a huge number of coaches and support staff behind the scenes I don't know how we pay them all! https://www.cu-fc.com/club/whos-who-contact-details/

Easier on League 2 wages I would imagine. It’s cute our little brother has their own little brother.

Zavon Hines has signed a 18 month contract from Maidstone, Chesterfield are the club to risk such a long deal, must rate him to offer that deal unless his on peanuts.

Back