• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why bring up his faith? That is a question for Goldsmith, Cameron, Fallon, the Evening Standard - and the answer is that if you are a Muslim standing for office in this country you are instantly at a disadvantage.

The Conservatives knew that their angle on this made them look racist but they played the percentages and decided that if they painted Sadiq as a dangerous Muslim and themselves as racist he would lose more votes than they would.

That is the facts of life - if you field a Muslim candidate you instantly lose a % of votes.

For Labour to field a Muslim candidate to fight for a job that was Tory for the last two terms and to win convincingly shows that 1) you can win office with a left win agenda 2) you can win office in places that were previously Tory 3) that if the press are against you and you have a massive party membership to mobilise then you can even the odds

But Labour in 2016 didn't just win in the capital they also won in the West and in the North.

When Labour win elections some people say it is despite Corbyn and when they do badly in opinion polls the same people say it's because of Corbyn.

2020 is a long way off and nothing is predictable in politics right now and when May's honeymoon period is over and the lack of hospital beds, lack of trains, lack of housing, lack of a plan with the EU are harder and harder to cover up there are 700,000+ Labour members ready to have face to face conversations with the full knowledge of how effective that was when they look the job of London Mayor off the Tories.

Actually I think Sadiq won because he had a sensible centre left agenda rather than a left wing agenda, meaning hard left Corbyn type agenda.
When I was out canvassing for Sadiq we talked to people about stuff like housing and the cost of buses

that's coz you're an idiot.
Khan was the best candidate, that's why he won. He won coz he was the better candidate and ran a better campaign. Goldsmith might well of won if he'd run as himself which is a fairly liberal, independent-minded, environmental Tory. In many ways the ideal candidate to take on the modern Labour (or Corbyn) Party. He then ran the very worst campaign for modern London and modern Labour.
That is why Khan won, he ran on stuff like making buses cost less

You mean the same Khan who refused to answer the simple question today which was...does he agree with driver only trains.

After all,according to idiots like you he was best man for the job,why does he want Londoners to struggle to get into work,after all he stated he wanted complete power of the train network in London.

You mean the same Khan who refused to answer the simple question today which was...does he agree with driver only trains.

After all,according to idiots like you he was best man for the job,why does he want Londoners to struggle to get into work,after all he stated he wanted complete power of the train network in London.

he was better than Goldsmith and therefore the best candidate, I never said he was perfect.

I've got plenty of experience of Southern and of Overground, which is run by TfL. Overground is superb, rarely late, runs in the wind, rain, snow. Southern doesn't run on time in the most perfect conditions.
From my experience of commuting, which is a lot, he has a point

commuters want safe and reliable trains and many are in favour of nationalising rail which is effectively what Sadiq is requesting.

like many threads it got a bit bogged down but for a while this was quite informative and maybe better discussed there

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91892-Southern-Rail-Unions&highlight=Southern

he was better than Goldsmith and therefore the best candidate, I never said he was perfect.

I've got plenty of experience of Southern and of Overground, which is run by TfL. Overground is superb, rarely late, runs in the wind, rain, snow. Southern doesn't run on time in the most perfect conditions.
From my experience of commuting, which is a lot, he has a point

Goldsmith's effort was shocking,you could have put a dead cow against Zac and it would be very close who wins.

When he was asked the question...driver only trains he ducked the answer yet he wants total control.

You say Khan is good but I must remind you that recently you admitted to being "naive in voting for JC " ,maybe your being naive about Khan.

thanks for enlightening me, that doesn't tie up with what I wrote in this thread about salary caps, I must have misunderstood my own thoughts and am so pleased you are here to explain them to me. Hours and hours wandering the streets and talking to strangers and I never even knew why I was doing it until now, it's........an epiphany

No problem, glad to help. You did the same in the GE. Followed Farage around as he was your motivation. Now its May for Brexit.

Still Corbyn has nothing to say on Brexit, so best focus on the opposition. It will lose you the next GE but you don't have any choice. I mean JC thinks we should have more immigration how about you?

Actually I think Sadiq won because he had a sensible centre left agenda rather than a left wing agenda, meaning hard left Corbyn type agenda.
When I was out canvassing for Sadiq we talked to people about stuff like housing and the cost of buses
people that canvas for Corbyn talk about housing and the cost of busses too. I don't know what Sadiq's policy is on Trident but other than that one possibility I can't think of a policy where their stance would be drastically different. What policies make Corbyn hard left whereas Khan is centre left?

commuters want safe and reliable trains and many are in favour of nationalising rail which is effectively what Sadiq is requesting.

like many threads it got a bit bogged down but for a while this was quite informative and maybe better discussed there

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91892-Southern-Rail-Unions&highlight=Southern

I rarely use trains if ever so not up to speed with all of the details,but isn't it true that most trains operate without guards?

No problem, glad to help. You did the same in the GE. Followed Farage around as he was your motivation. Now its May for Brexit.

Still Corbyn has nothing to say on Brexit, so best focus on the opposition. It will lose you the next GE but you don't have any choice. I mean JC thinks we should have more immigration how about you?
as we discussed many times I went to the constituency where Farage lost only once. That doesn't really count as following him around.

So Corbyn has nothing to say on Brexit you say. Tell me please - Mrs May, our PM, the person actually in charge of Brexit - what does she have to say on Brexit?

people that canvas for Corbyn talk about housing and the cost of busses too. I don't know what Sadiq's policy is on Trident but other than that one possibility I can't think of a policy where their stance would be drastically different. What policies make Corbyn hard left whereas Khan is centre left?

If I had still lived in London I would have voted Khan over Goldsmith. Would not vote for Corbyn, even if it was just for London Mayor.

as we discussed many times I went to the constituency where Farage lost only once. That doesn't really count as following him around.

So Corbyn has nothing to say on Brexit you say. Tell me please - Mrs May, our PM, the person actually in charge of Brexit - what does she have to say on Brexit?

Nice try, you know answering a question with a question. This is not a Mrs May thread so come on don't be shy.

Imagine if Blair was still Labour leader(not PM just leader)he would have destroyed May during questions...Corbyn lets her off the hook every time...does Jezza still do the ridiculous " I have a question from Mary from Leeds"....pathetic.

Goldsmith's effort was shocking,you could have put a dead cow against Zac and it would be very close who wins.

When he was asked the question...driver only trains he ducked the answer yet he wants total control.

You say Khan is good but I must remind you that recently you admitted to being "naive in voting for JC " ,maybe your being naive about Khan.

It was Ed Miliband that I naively voted for, not Corbyn. I've never been that naive.

It was Ed Miliband that I naively voted for, not Corbyn. I've never been that naive.
why do you think you were naive to vote for Ed Miliband? I think he had decent policies and the fact that Cameron lasted just a year after his win and left us with an NHS crisis, housing crisis, prisons crisis, transport crisis, ever increasing foodbanks, massive increase in borrowing and a UK leaving the EU which he facilitated yet didn't want and didn't have an action plan for - that is what we got instead of Miliband. I can't think of a Miliband policy that was naive. The PR was often not great but his policies stand up IMO.

Imagine if Blair was still Labour leader(not PM just leader)he would have destroyed May during questions...Corbyn lets her off the hook every time...does Jezza still do the ridiculous " I have a question from Mary from Leeds"....pathetic.
I've never read a comment from you that indicates you have actually watched PMQs other than the odd snippet on the news. Making pronouncements about PMQs you haven't seen is on par with flooding match reports with comments on matches you haven't seen. Corbyn performs well at PMQs - even his detractors admit that, but only those that actually watch it.

I've never read a comment from you that indicates you have actually watched PMQs other than the odd snippet on the news. Making pronouncements about PMQs you haven't seen is on par with flooding match reports with comments on matches you haven't seen. Corbyn performs well at PMQs - even his detractors admit that, but only those that actually watch it.

Not seen questions for several weeks,however whenever I did see it Jezza was very weak.

Flooding match reports hardly,still never let the facts get in the way.

Nice try, you know answering a question with a question. This is not a Mrs May thread so come on don't be shy.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91268-Hard-or-Soft-Brexit&highlight=Brexit

this is the Brexit thread - Mrs May is in charge of Brexit so that is her thread - 34 pages of it, could you show me on the Brexit thread the post where anyone explains her policies on Brexit please? A few posts back you were telling me what I think, as apparently I didn't know, well I don't know what Mrs May thinks either so maybe you could help me out a second time.

The oppositions policy is to hold the government to account over the government's policies on Brextit. Rather than jump the gun, could you tell me what the government's policies on Brexit are please, then I will return the favour and explain how the opposition will hold those policies to account.

That is a logical sequence of events. If you feel more comfortable this way you can post your clarification on the Brexit thread and I can reply by posting a link and my reply on this thread, so everything is in the right place.

Not seen questions for several weeks,however whenever I did see it Jezza was very weak.

Flooding match reports hardly,still never let the facts get in the way.
oh you haven't seen it for a few weeks, I see, that may explain why your comments don't tie up with those that have seen it for a few weeks, that clears that up then.

Match reports, if you start on page 1 and read on, some people were getting quite exacerbated

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92049-Swindon-Town-0-0-Southend-United

oh you haven't seen it for a few weeks, I see, that may explain why your comments don't tie up with those that have seen it for a few weeks, that clears that up then.

Match reports, if you start on page 1 and read on, some people were getting quite exacerbated

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?92049-Swindon-Town-0-0-Southend-United

I only commented on one player,that thread also contained an apology from me,I posted 4 times I think ?

Hardly my fault if adults become worked up,is it.

Back