• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would imagine Shami Chakrabarti was only offered/accepted a peerage because she has an important role to play in Labour's Shadow cabinet and was thus "parachuted" into Parliament,so to speak.

Really? Nothing to do with a whitewash (words chosen deliberately) of a report. Not to mention Corduroy was against peerages being given by an outgoing PM, and yet managed to squeeze her into the list.

Absolutely stinks.

Really? Nothing to do with a whitewash (words chosen deliberately) of a report. Not to mention Corduroy was against peerages being given by an outgoing PM, and yet managed to squeeze her into the list.

Absolutely stinks.

Jez likes a bit of a u-turn though doesn't he?

I'm sure anybody associated with Labour would like the Lords to be abolished and/or become an elected chamber.Blair should have precisely done that in 97 when he had a huge majority.Can't blame JC for taking advantage of the existing system,however reluctantly.
Even saw someone from UKIP on the Daily Politics the other day, bemoaning the fact that Kippers hadn't been given their fair share of peers,knighthoods etc in what he described as an "estabishment stitch-up."

I'm sure anybody associated with Labour would like the Lords to be abolished and/or become an elected chamber.Blair should have precisely done that in 97 when he had a huge majority.Can't blame JC for taking advantage of the existing system,however reluctantly.
Even saw someone from UKIP on the Daily Politics the other day, bemoaning the fact that Kippers hadn't been given their fair share of peers,knighthoods etc in what he described as an "estabishment stitch-up."
it would be ridiculous for Labour to allow the Lords to become chocka with Tories while not adding any Labour peers. Flawed as it is the Lords is a safety net against bad laws - of which there are many - and until it is reformed Labour have to nominate peers.

The 'whitewash' is ********. She is a leading human rights lawyer and well versed in holding the government to account via Liberty - this is exactly the kind of talent that we need in British politics. She investigated and reported and there were suspensions and expulsions. Dispatches infiltrated Momentum for 6 months and put out a TV program that reported no incidents. Since her reports was delivered the Corbyn hating press have also gone very quiet on this subject - which they wouldn't if there was some negativity to report. So in what way is this a whitewash?

it would be ridiculous for Labour to allow the Lords to become chocka with Tories while not adding any Labour peers. Flawed as it is the Lords is a safety net against bad laws - of which there are many - and until it is reformed Labour have to nominate peers.

The 'whitewash' is ********. She is a leading human rights lawyer and well versed in holding the government to account via Liberty - this is exactly the kind of talent that we need in British politics. She investigated and reported and there were suspensions and expulsions. Dispatches infiltrated Momentum for 6 months and put out a TV program that reported no incidents. Since her reports was delivered the Corbyn hating press have also gone very quiet on this subject - which they wouldn't if there was some negativity to report. So in what way is this a whitewash?

Now that really is horse****!

She wasn't even a member of the party. She joined to conduct her whitewash, and was then rewarded with a peerage. It speaks volumes that she has repeatedly refused to answer the simple question as to when her peerage (which was the only Labour peerage awarded by Camerscum on leaving number 10, even though Corduroy was against such peerages) was first discussed.

I think you need to follow this website:

https://antisemitism.uk/

They even post on FB if you're interested. You'll see plenty of Labour related anti-semitic acts still going on.

Labour have just suspended a Plymouth councilor for giving a Nazi salute in the council chamber.

She wasn't even a member of the party. She joined to conduct her whitewash, and was then rewarded with a peerage. It speaks volumes that she has repeatedly refused to answer the simple question as to when her peerage (which was the only Labour peerage awarded by Camerscum on leaving number 10, even though Corduroy was against such peerages) was first discussed.
Why have a party member conduct an investigation? Surely better to have a respected human rights lawyer? No?

Exactly. So why did she need to join the party to conduct her whitewash? And why won't she answer the question of when her peerage was first discussed?

As I said, the whole thing stinks.

Exactly. So why did she need to join the party to conduct her whitewash? And why won't she answer the question of when her peerage was first discussed?

As I said, the whole thing stinks.
She is a leading human rights lawyer. She investigated and reported and there were suspensions and expulsions. Dispatches infiltrated Momentum for 6 months and put out a TV program that reported no incidents. Since her reports was delivered the Corbyn hating press have also gone very quiet on this subject - which they wouldn't if there was some negativity to report. So in what way is this a whitewash?

They even post on FB if you're interested. You'll see plenty of Labour related anti-semitic acts still going on.

Labour have just suspended a Plymouth councilor for giving a Nazi salute in the council chamber.

The only anti-semitic acts I've heard about recently, (incidentally, not concerning Labour to the best of my knowledge), concern Jewish societies at some UK Universities.

While such acts are always regrettable,wherever they occur,there seems to be no question that they're related to the state of Israel's overt Zionism against the Palestinian people.

In any case,such acts have nothing to do with JC and official Labour policy.Only yesterday Labour's Leader was fulsome in his praise for the recently deceased Gerald Kaufman at PMQ's.

I've read the report that you mention - - Councillor made a Nazi salute at Tories and UKIP who were trying to stifle a budgetary debate. He used it as an insult towards people acting in a manner he associated with Nazism. He has been suspended while the details are investigated. So you are highlighting this to applaud the swift action of the Labour Party in this case?

I've read the report that you mention - - Councillor made a Nazi salute at Tories and UKIP who were trying to stifle a budgetary debate. He used it as an insult towards people acting in a manner he associated with Nazism. He has been suspended while the details are investigated. So you are highlighting this to applaud the swift action of the Labour Party in this case?

Maybe he can use the time on his suspension to work on being a grown up.

She is a leading human rights lawyer. She investigated and reported and there were suspensions and expulsions. Dispatches infiltrated Momentum for 6 months and put out a TV program that reported no incidents. Since her reports was delivered the Corbyn hating press have also gone very quiet on this subject - which they wouldn't if there was some negativity to report. So in what way is this a whitewash?

There is plenty of negativity. The press aren't reporting it. I gave you an example, and showed you a website you might want to visit once in a while.

But I ask again, why did she have to join the Labour party to produce her whitewash, and why does she refuse to answer the question as to when her peerage was discussed? If she had nothing to hide then she would be able to answer those questions.

Surely if she wanted to prove how neutral she was she would have been better off not joining the party, but she did. Just in time to have a peerage bestowed on her an outgoing PM, after being recommended by a guy who doesn't agree with outgoing PMs giving peerages.

The whole thing stinks.

The only anti-semitic acts I've heard about recently, (incidentally, not concerning Labour to the best of my knowledge), concern Jewish societies at some UK Universities.

While such acts are always regrettable,wherever they occur,there seems to be no question that they're related to the state of Israel's overt Zionism against the Palestinian people.

In any case,such acts have nothing to do with JC and official Labour policy.Only yesterday Labour's Leader was fulsome in his praise for the recently deceased Gerald Kaufman at PMQ's.

I gave an example of a Labour councillor giving a Nazi salute. I'm not sure why you're bringing Israel into this.

No, I'm pointing out the latent anti-semitism in the Labour party. It doesn't really matter who it was directed at, it was an appalling thing to do. However, the point is that just because things don't reach you doesn't mean they're not happening. I am refuting your claim that because the press aren't mentioning things they don't happen.

I guess you missed this one too:

Independent

You use the Nazi salute in ANY context, ANY whatsoever, and you deserve everything you've got coming at you from any angle. What details need to be investigated? He made the salute, end of story. No discussion. No mitigating circumstances. he's a **** of the highest order and if you think any differently then you're indirectly condoning it and your no better than him.

No, I'm pointing out the latent anti-semitism in the Labour party. It doesn't really matter who it was directed at, it was an appalling thing to do. However, the point is that just because things don't reach you doesn't mean they're not happening. I am refuting your claim that because the press aren't mentioning things they don't happen.

I guess you missed this one too:

Independent
I know what you were trying to do, but you lacked the material to do it.

The case you chose to highlight was a case that was dealt with by the Labour Party swiftly.

It was also not a case of anti-semitism. It was someone making a gesture towards members of two right wing parties that were (in his opinion) obstructing democracy - so he implied they were being like Nazis. That is nothing to do with Jews.

The Nazis murdered millions - mainly Jews but also homosexuals, left wingers, disabled, anyone they saw as racially impure, etc etc. Nazis are eternally associated with Jews for obvious reasons but not every mention of Nazis is automatically connected to anti-semitism. In the case you have highlighted there is nothing in the report to suggest the insult was in any way connected to anti-semitism either directly or implied.

However one of the suggestions of Chakrabati's report was that any references to Nazis be discouraged and investigated. Which seems to be the case here.

The fact this incident was not jumped on by the Corbyn hating press is that even they could see that it is a case of the Labour Party acting on the suggestions in the report. This case paints both Shami and Labour in a better light than you are trying to do and they like to do at every given opportunity.

From the link you provided is this report, which is actually related to Jews rather than Nazis:

'The Liberal Democrat candididate for Mayor of Greater Manchester, Councillor Jane Brophy, has made an extraordinary attack on UK Independence Party (UKIP) candidate and orthodox Jew, Shneur Odze, saying he is unsuitable to stand for Mayor because of his religious beliefs'

That seems to be a more relevant example if you are looking to highlight anti-semitism in mainstream politics.

I know what you were trying to do, but you lacked the material to do it.

The case you chose to highlight was a case that was dealt with by the Labour Party swiftly.

It was also not a case of anti-semitism. It was someone making a gesture towards members of two right wing parties that were (in his opinion) obstructing democracy - so he implied they were being like Nazis. That is nothing to do with Jews.

The Nazis murdered millions - mainly Jews but also homosexuals, left wingers, disabled, anyone they saw as racially impure, etc etc. Nazis are eternally associated with Jews for obvious reasons but not every mention of Nazis is automatically connected to anti-semitism. In the case you have highlighted there is nothing in the report to suggest the insult was in any way connected to anti-semitism either directly or implied.

However one of the suggestions of Chakrabati's report was that any references to Nazis be discouraged and investigated. Which seems to be the case here.

The fact this incident was not jumped on by the Corbyn hating press is that even they could see that it is a case of the Labour Party acting on the suggestions in the report. This case paints both Shami and Labour in a better light than you are trying to do and they like to do at every given opportunity.

From the link you provided is this report, which is actually related to Jews rather than Nazis:

'The Liberal Democrat candididate for Mayor of Greater Manchester, Councillor Jane Brophy, has made an extraordinary attack on UK Independence Party (UKIP) candidate and orthodox Jew, Shneur Odze, saying he is unsuitable to stand for Mayor because of his religious beliefs'

That seems to be a more relevant example if you are looking to highlight anti-semitism in mainstream politics.

I don't think you've read the article from the Independent. Its about a Labour councillor being extremely anti-Semitic, and suggesting that the Rothschilds ruled the world. That was last month, i.e. February.

As for the Nazi salute, It doesn't really matter if the Labour party dealt with it swiftly or not, that isn't the point. The point is that these people exist within the party, and they think that salutes like that are acceptable.

That isn't a party that is making all feel welcome.

You keep also swerving the issue I brought up initially. That is how SC managed to gain a peerage even though she wasn't a member of the Labour party. She joined a party she had never been a member of to create a whitewash of a report, and to then gain a peerage when the outgoing PM bestowed peerages on people. This peerage was recommended by Corduroy even though he doesn't agree with outgoing PMs giving away peerages, and funnily enough she was the only person he put forward.

She consistently refuses to answer the question as to when her peerage was first discussed. If she had nothing to hide then she would be able to answer that very simple question.

You use the Nazi salute in ANY context, ANY whatsoever, and you deserve everything you've got coming at you from any angle. What details need to be investigated? He made the salute, end of story. No discussion. No mitigating circumstances. he's a **** of the highest order and if you think any differently then you're indirectly condoning it and your no better than him.
if you make a Nazi salute at someone to imply they are acting like a Nazi - that is not the ideal way to behave by any stretch, and it is also nothing to do with anti-semitism, and as it was highlighted on here as an example of that it is not proving that point at it, it is showing that some people are desperate to find dirt to throw at the Labour Party - so desperate to do that they can't find enough relevant material

Last edited:
I don't think you've read the article from the Independent. Its about a Labour councillor being extremely anti-Semitic, and suggesting that the Rothschilds ruled the world. That was last month, i.e. February.

As for the Nazi salute, It doesn't really matter if the Labour party dealt with it swiftly or not, that isn't the point. The point is that these people exist within the party, and they think that salutes like that are acceptable.

That isn't a party that is making all feel welcome.

You keep also swerving the issue I brought up initially. That is how SC managed to gain a peerage even though she wasn't a member of the Labour party. She joined a party she had never been a member of to create a whitewash of a report, and to then gain a peerage when the outgoing PM bestowed peerages on people. This peerage was recommended by Corduroy even though he doesn't agree with outgoing PMs giving away peerages, and funnily enough she was the only person he put forward.

She consistently refuses to answer the question as to when her peerage was first discussed. If she had nothing to hide then she would be able to answer that very simple question.

You put a link up to a website and I read a few of the articles - a Labour councillor who made a gesture at some people he was likening to Nazis, an article on IS, one on a Lib Dem councillor saying an Orthodox Jew should not stand for Mayor. The only one you wanted to discuss was the one that has nothing to do with anti-semitism - because there was a Labour angle - and you have a very obvious agenda.

So that link is not really panning out, so now you want me to head to the Independent - I've scanned it rather than absorbed it (busy at work, left early for parents evening - all very positive - now got to work from home - this is my down time) but it seemed to be a retweet without checking the source, which when he realised the source he apologised for retweeting it. He is a promoter of Palestinian rights and is critical of the Israeli government. Just skimmed it though, spent more of my little free time on the first site you recommend.

I don't know why you keep saying that SC was not a member LP - she wouldn't need to be to be given a peerage. Her history in the legal profession would qualify her for consideration for a peerage. And whether the possibility of her becoming a peer was discussed before taking on the Labour investigation is not of any great relevance. She was asked to look at specific issues, she did and issued her report. Since then the incidents reported in the press (the places were they were being reported before the report) have diminished - therefore her investigation seems to have achieved what it set out to do - stamp out this issue.

The press will beat Corbyn with any stick they can find. If they can find very few incidents that may be deemed anti-Semitic, where previously they were finding incidents - surely that improvement pleases you?

You put a link up to a website and I read a few of the articles - a Labour councillor who made a gesture at some people he was likening to Nazis, an article on IS, one on a Lib Dem councillor saying an Orthodox Jew should not stand for Mayor. The only one you wanted to discuss was the one that has nothing to do with anti-semitism - because there was a Labour angle - and you have a very obvious agenda.

So that link is not really panning out, so now you want me to head to the Independent - I've scanned it rather than absorbed it (busy at work, left early for parents evening - all very positive - now got to work from home - this is my down time) but it seemed to be a retweet without checking the source, which when he realised the source he apologised for retweeting it. He is a promoter of Palestinian rights and is critical of the Israeli government. Just skimmed it though, spent more of my little free time on the first site you recommend.

I don't know why you keep saying that SC was not a member LP - she wouldn't need to be to be given a peerage. Her history in the legal profession would qualify her for consideration for a peerage. And whether the possibility of her becoming a peer was discussed before taking on the Labour investigation is not of any great relevance. She was asked to look at specific issues, she did and issued her report. Since then the incidents reported in the press (the places were they were being reported before the report) have diminished - therefore her investigation seems to have achieved what it set out to do - stamp out this issue.

The press will beat Corbyn with any stick they can find. If they can find very few incidents that may be deemed anti-Semitic, where previously they were finding incidents - surely that improvement pleases you?

Are you serious? The guy retweeted an anti-Semitic accusation saying there is some truth in it. It was only when found out that it came from a neo Nazi that he did anything about it. He shouldn't need to know where it came from to know it is wrong. He should have just known. It's just another example of latent anti-Semitism in the Labour party.

Back