• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As Shami Chakrabarti was saying on Marr yesterday, JC hasn't been given a fair shake by most of the print industry or the media in general.

I missed Chakrabarti's pearls of wisdom on Marr yesterday (The wife had an important communication to make on a job lot of dish washer tablets that have come her way).

However keen not to miss out, I thought I would bring myself up to speed....

She then went on (Chakrabarti ...not my missus) : “Sometimes we haven’t had the fairest or most balanced treatment in the media, including in the broadcast media.”

Challenged by Mr Marr as to why the left “always blames the media”, she added: “I’m not blaming the media. I’m just saying that the disunity has been the focus.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...arti-storm-doris-media-disunity-a7600101.html

May was and has always been pro european and wanted to stay in europe all along but was too gutless to say it out loud.

But that's just wrong isn't it? May has never denied she was a remain voter and campaigned to stay in the Euro zone whereas Corbyn has been a known euro sceptic all of his political life but half-heartedly tried saying he was for staying in. Obviously he didn't bother campaigning or anything like that so you had other labour figures representing the party whilst the leader addressed CND meetings etc.

“Sometimes we haven’t had the fairest or most balanced treatment in the media, including in the broadcast media.”

Shami Chakrabarti.

Challenged by Mr Marr as to why the left “always blames the media”, she added: “I’m not blaming the media. I’m just saying that the disunity has been the focus.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...arti-storm-doris-media-disunity-a7600101.html

Fixed this for you Barna to include the full quote :winking:

Chakrabarti showed her self up on question time with her early outburst about her peerage to Dimbleby of all people. Always keen to play the race or sexism card, which does Labour no favours

Or maybe she's part of the problem. Remind me again how did she get her peerage?

She was nominated by your mate, wasn't she? :winking:

Chakrabarti showed her self up on question time with her early outburst about her peerage to Dimbleby of all people. Always keen to play the race or sexism card, which does Labour no favours

Saw that particular QT.IIRC, (which I do), she was questioning Dimbleby's posh pronunciation.

She was nominated by your mate, wasn't she? :winking:

Saw that particular QT.IIRC, (which I do), she was questioning Dimbleby's posh pronunciation.

She accused Dimbleby of mocking her... "How dare I take my place at the table". He had to explain why he pronounces the word Baroness that way.

She accused Dimbleby of mocking her... "How dare I take my place at the table". He had to explain why he pronounces the word Baroness that way.
that was such a non event. - it sounded like he was lightly ribbing her, she pointed it out, he apologised and explained that he just talks funny. Surprised it even stuck in your mind - an hour of political debate it's a sad day if that is the stand out moment

that was such a non event. - it sounded like he was lightly ribbing her, she pointed it out, he apologised and explained that he just talks funny. Surprised it even stuck in your mind - an hour of political debate it's a sad day if that is the stand out moment

She certainly did more than that. Not for the first time on TV out comes the race card. Even on QT in the past she managed to slip in a personal story about overhearing the term "**** shop" and how outraged she was.

Her and Abbott are the most annoying politicians of all time...they must have the average voter rushing to hit the off button!

Add potty Jezza into the mix and we have the perfect storm to alienate most folk from ever voting for this dimwitted party.

what has race got to do with the way he pronounced Baroness?

Nothing what so ever. You'll have to ask Baroness Whitewash why she made an issue of it.

Perhaps just like Dian Abbott she sees racism where none exists. Just to remind people as you won't... Abbott has said she does not believe black people who say they have not experienced racism in Britain.

Nothing what so ever. You'll have to ask Baroness Whitewash why she made an issue of it.

Perhaps just like Dian Abbott she sees racism where none exists. Just to remind people as you won't... Abbott has said she does not believe black people who say they have not experienced racism in Britain.
she didn't say anything about race when pointing out he pronounced 'Baroness' in a strange way (which he agreed that he had). Why would you you invent a 'race card' incident and then bring up a '**** shop' comment (and failing to give the context) from another episode of QT which must have been months ago?

And what has any of that got to do with Dianne Abbot?

Sounds like it is you that sees racism where it doesn't exist.

As I said, she pointed out he couldn't prounounce the "r" In Baroness (very posh).

Imagine she was a bit touchy about him calling her a Baroness in the first place.It was unnecessary.

This is a card that a few media journalists have been playing against Labour Shadow Cabinet ministers recently.

Just last week Emily Thornberry was referred to by her title (she's Lady something through marriage,apparently).

It's cheap and unnecessary.

As was SCs peerage in the 1sr place.

Back