• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was prepared to cancel my membership this morning, but if Clive Lewis is indeed mounting a challenge I might hang around for a bit.

Because Corbyn was and has always been anti european and wanted out of europe all along but was too gutless to say it out loud.

May was and has always been pro european and wanted to stay in europe all along but was too gutless to say it out loud.

And yet both ended up as 'leaders' of their respective parties. Maybe gutless is a quality that works these days?

May was and has always been pro european and wanted to stay in europe all along but was too gutless to say it out loud.

Ridiculous comment. May was a staunch Remain campaigner throughout the Brexit debate and was a big enough person to respect the vote and has set her course to be guided by the vote result.

corbyn on the other hand was barely on the campaign trail throughout and was "Mr Invisible" the whole time. He sat largely on the fence making neutral statements until he decided to (fairly) come out in support of Remain. Since May has been in power he has shown where his loyalties really laid all along.

if you're going to contribute to political discussion, make it somewhat factual.

Ridiculous comment. May was a staunch Remain campaigner throughout the Brexit debate and was a big enough person to respect the vote and has set her course to be guided by the vote result.

corbyn on the other hand was barely on the campaign trail throughout
and was "Mr Invisible" the whole time. He sat largely on the fence making neutral statements until he decided to (fairly) come out in support of Remain. Since May has been in power he has shown where his loyalties really laid all along.

if you're going to contribute to political discussion, make it somewhat factual

Are these "alternative facts" or something?

It's well known that Cameron's staff wanted Mrs May to take a much higher public profile in the remain campaign.

It's also a matter of record that Corbyn made a series of speeches up and down the country in favour of remain.

Are these "alternative facts" or something?

It's well known that Cameron's staff wanted Mrs May to take a much higher public profile in the remain campaign.

It's also a matter of record that Corbyn made a series of speeches up and down the country in favour of remain.

Can you provide sources to back this up?

Can you for your "alternative facts" ?

Since it's fairly well known that I read the Guardian/Observer and watch C4 news+Newsnight most days, along with the Daily Politics when I can, I guess they'd be my sources.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/25/brexit-books-david-cameron-theresa-may-party-split

Yours?

I have read articles in both the Independent + Guardian which suggests that Corbyns input in favour of Remain to be wanting.

I know he was on channel 4 scoring the EU 7 out of ten.

This link may give us some insight to his actual activity.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-really-give-122-8617013

Can you for your "alternative facts" ?

Since it's fairly well known that I read the Guardian/Observer and watch C4 news+Newsnight most days, along with the Daily Politics when I can, I guess they'd be my sources.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/sep/25/brexit-books-david-cameron-theresa-may-party-split

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-really-give-122-8617013

Yours?

Nice Googling there, but you googled your way into trouble on second link as the story backs up my argument. So I think I will take that link for myself thank you very much! 10 EU Rallies!

As for the first link, total hearsay. There is nothing in that article that provides any substantive evidence to your claim.

Like yourself, my politic experience comes from reading the BBC and various other sources (both sides of the political spectrum). At no point have I read or been led to believe that Theresa May had "always been in the Brexit camp", but I have seen numerous articles (which I am not retrieving links for) that suggest that Corbyn was not entirely behind his EU speeches. It also seems weird, does it not, that Corbyn, being the maverick that he is seems to be disciplining his MPs for voting against Brexit....Surely he would be enjoying seeing the waves?
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...corbyn-andrew-gwynne-labour-election-strategy

Back