• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I suggest you pop into your local Tory party HQ or golf club if you seriously want to find some members who are anti-semitic.

I used to be a member of my local golf club. Talk about reverse snobbery on your part!

However, the argument that the labour party is no better than the rest is a) speculation, and b) hardly a ringing endorsement. Especially as all evidence is to the contrary.

I used to be a member of my local golf club. Talk about reverse snobbery on your part!

However, the argument that the labour party is no better than the rest is a) speculation, and b) hardly a ringing endorsement. Especially as all evidence is to the contrary.

And did you ever experience any anti-semitism there? :unsure:

As to your last point:Saying something is true doesn't necessarily make it so.

What was that, three pages? Yeah, three pages of arguement about whether the Labour Party has a issue with people who are anti semitic. Well they allowed a fringe meeting to go ahead that clearly was. Wes Streeting obviously had no trouble with it either, I believe he is a Labour member.

I noticed the Dear Leader made a point of licking Abbotts arse and telling us all how the viciously racist old bint has been so hard done by but a mention of the issues concerning Jewish people? Nah, not a dickie bird.

Was I suprised that A.S.S. tried to brush it away? Yes, considering the amount of time he has banged on about Hope Not Hate.

And He Who Must Be Ignored? Not a bit of it, past posts are plenty proof of his closet racism.

Keep that red flag flying.

What was that, three pages? Yeah, three pages of arguement about whether the Labour Party has a issue with people who are anti semitic. Well they allowed a fringe meeting to go ahead that clearly was. Wes Streeting obviously had no trouble with it either, I believe he is a Labour member.

I noticed the Dear Leader made a point of licking Abbotts arse and telling us all how the viciously racist old bint has been so hard done by but a mention of the issues concerning Jewish people? Nah, not a dickie bird.

Was I suprised that A.S.S. tried to brush it away? Yes, considering the amount of time he has banged on about Hope Not Hate.

And He Who Must Be Ignored? Not a bit of it, past posts are plenty proof of his closet racism.

3 pages was probably enough but if you want to breathe new life into it....
To my knowledge the comments were from an individual. You seem to know more about it - other than this one speaker - how was the meeting Antisemitism? What was the title / agenda of the meeting?

Studies have shown (not Labour party studies I should add) that Abbott receives more online racist hate than all other MPs added together - so if Corbyn is discussing racist abuse its quite likely she will get a mention. I'm not sure why you have brought her name into this discussion though.

I don't know why you would say Corbyn has made no mention of Antisemitism when he was promoting new internal legislation to crack down on that further - legislation that was voted on and passed at the conference.

Seems the Daily Mail throw enough **** methods are still working.

3 pages was probably enough but if you want to breathe new life into it....
To my knowledge the comments were from an individual. You seem to know more about it - other than this one speaker - how was the meeting Antisemitism? What was the title / agenda of the meeting?

Studies have shown (not Labour party studies I should add) that Abbott receives more online racist hate than all other MPs added together - so if Corbyn is discussing racist abuse its quite likely she will get a mention. I'm not sure why you have brought her name into this discussion though.

I don't know why you would say Corbyn has made no mention of Antisemitism when he was promoting new internal legislation to crack down on that further - legislation that was voted on and passed at the conference.

Seems the Daily Mail throw enough **** methods are still working.

Breathing new life into it? I haven't said a word on it before now, or is it only a cosy chat amongst yourselves?

I would suggest you check out other sources other than the Guardian and perhaps this story wouldn't have passed you by. And glossing over it by saying they weren't members is a bit rich when the offending speeches were at a fringe meeting at conference, or are you suggesting anybody can just rock up. Perhaps it was a double booking, that must have been it, perish the thought that Labour members could possibly be anti semitic or racist.

Speaking of racist, assumming you listened to the speech, do you not think it might have been just a tad bit more supportive to make special mention of the present issue at hand rather than kissing her arse like she is the onlly one to have suffered. And what do you expect from trolls ( some more exceptable than others) and other idiots when she herself came out with lines like 'only white people can be racist' You tell me, isn't that the same sort of insult or, dare I say it, racism. Good for the goose and all that.

Love the Daily Mail dig, perhaps I'll just have to read it someday. Can't be anymore biased and full of bollocks than any other partizan paper.

Breathing new life into it? I haven't said a word on it before now, or is it only a cosy chat amongst yourselves?

I would suggest you check out other sources other than the Guardian and perhaps this story wouldn't have passed you by. And glossing over it by saying they weren't members is a bit rich when the offending speeches were at a fringe meeting at conference, or are you suggesting anybody can just rock up. Perhaps it was a double booking, that must have been it, perish the thought that Labour members could possibly be anti semitic or racist.

Speaking of racist, assumming you listened to the speech, do you not think it might have been just a tad bit more supportive to make special mention of the present issue at hand rather than kissing her arse like she is the onlly one to have suffered. And what do you expect from trolls ( some more exceptable than others) and other idiots when she herself came out with lines like 'only white people can be racist' You tell me, isn't that the same sort of insult or, dare I say it, racism. Good for the goose and all that.

Love the Daily Mail dig, perhaps I'll just have to read it someday. Can't be anymore biased and full of bollocks than any other partizan paper.

I had asked LB the same question 5 or 6 times without an answer so I had got to the point where I was done on it. You mentioned the discussion had gone on for 3 pages and then added your own points. So that is breathing new life into it. Wasn't intended as a dig, just a statement of fact - when someone new joins in it kicks on again.

Not read the Guardian at all this week and not heard Corbyn's speech yet as I've been at work.

What details have I missed out on? LB seems to think the Chair of this fringe event is responsible for what another individual said and you are saying the Labour Party allowed the event to go ahead. So I have asked what was the focus / title / agenda for this particular meeting and neither of you has answered.

If the event billing would in someway have hinted that this Israeli American speaker who I have never heard of before was going to say what he said then we can all join together to condemn all of those involved rather than just the individual. But I don't have any information to suggest the blame should not be placed squarely on this individual and neither of you seem to have that information either.

How was anyone to know what was going to be said until it was said? What am I missing?

The Mail reference was due to their front page today - saying that the whole party should be damned by the words of an individual who is quite probably not even a member.

I had asked LB the same question 5 or 6 times without an answer so I had got to the point where I was done on it. You mentioned the discussion had gone on for 3 pages and then added your own points. So that is breathing new life into it. Wasn't intended as a dig, just a statement of fact - when someone new joins in it kicks on again.

Not read the Guardian at all this week and not heard Corbyn's speech yet as I've been at work.

What details have I missed out on? LB seems to think the Chair of this fringe event is responsible for what another individual said and you are saying the Labour Party allowed the event to go ahead. So I have asked what was the focus / title / agenda for this particular meeting and neither of you has answered.

If the event billing would in someway have hinted that this Israeli American speaker who I have never heard of before was going to say what he said then we can all join together to condemn all of those involved rather than just the individual. But I don't have any information to suggest the blame should not be placed squarely on this individual and neither of you seem to have that information either.

How was anyone to know what was going to be said until it was said? What am I missing?

The Mail reference was due to their front page today - saying that the whole party should be damned by the words of an individual who is quite probably not even a member.

The BBC are not giving out the title but the group was Free Speech Against Israil. Tuesday evening fringe meeting.

And apoligies to Wes Streeting, totally mis-read what he said.

The BBC are not giving out the title but the group was Free Speech Against Israil. Tuesday evening fringe meeting.

I wondered where Wes came into it but didn't ask because there are enough avenues as it is.

Israel and Judaism are different things and some of those who are critical of Israel veer into Antisemitism and some defenders of Israel accuse all of its opponents of being Antisemitic and some people are just straight up Antisemitic.

Free Speech Against Israel sounds like a very niche group if that is their name, and I guess there is some validity in the notion that speaking out against the actions of Israel is not acceptable. Their reaction to this speaker is something that would be revealing - if they too have banished him as abusing their message then that would shed a different light. I don't know of their background/aims - certainly sounds like they have some explaining to do and if not valid then they should never be seen again ( which I expect will be the case either way).

a quick Google lead to:

http://freespeechonisrael.org.uk/#sthash.drDCHAEi.dpbs

not had a chance to read properly but at first glance they seem to be critical of Israeli policy in Palestine and not Antisemitic. So it would seem the speaker was not representing their ethos.

You¡'ll no doubt be pleased to hear, that Jerusalem was also sung at conference, just after The Red Flag.

Some of us know the words to both.:winking:

Wes Streeting is a personal friend of mine and I can categorically state here and now he hasn't got an anti semitic bone in his body.

Edit, apologies from me. Misread the reference.

And did you ever experience any anti-semitism there? :unsure:

As to your last point:Saying something is true doesn't necessarily make it so.

Of course not. In fact, over the years I've been a member of 3 local clubs, and have played at numerous others and never once heard anyone say anything remotely racist. You'd be surprised at the diverse membership of golf clubs these days. Your reverse snobbery would be very unwelcome.

As to your last point, I note you don't really argue that the labour party has a problem...either way, when evidence suggests something I'm inclined to believe it until it is proven wrong (I guess there's a scientist in me somewhere). So far it hasn't been proven wrong. You can state what you want, but it is still speculation and has been proven over the last number of years to be completely false.

The labour party under ********* is a shambles and soft on anti-semitism.

Personally I wasn't surprised. The left have a major blind spot when it comes to anti-semitism. I've mentioned this before: the inquiry into the police handling of the Stephen Lawrence murder made the point that it is up to the victim to say whether or not they have been racially abused, and not up to the perpetrator to decide whether or not what they said/did was racist. I.e. you should listen to the victim, and this is something the police failed to do. I doubt anyone on the left (or even the right) would have an issue with that. The problem is that when it comes to anti-semitism the left consistently claim what they have said/done isn't anti-semitic (I assume because they are so anti racist that, by definition, they can't accept that they may actually be so), and refuse to listen to the victim...it's a really strange one.

a quick Google lead to:

http://freespeechonisrael.org.uk/#sthash.drDCHAEi.dpbs

not had a chance to read properly but at first glance they seem to be critical of Israeli policy in Palestine and not Antisemitic. So it would seem the speaker was not representing their ethos.

And yet the chair of that meeting (who spoke at the conference earlier in the day) didn't stop it. As chair she had responsibility to make sure the meeting stayed on track, and therefore she failed. Unfortunately the failure in this instance was to allow the meeting to descend into an anti-semitic diatribe. The implication is that she doesn't have a problem with that kind of language, so I ask again, what action do you think the labour party should take against her?

I will also ask again: what action should be taken against this organisation that was allowed to advertise its meeting on labour conference literature?

The fact that I can predict your answer to both questions just proves my point further.

Personally I wasn't surprised. The left have a major blind spot when it comes to anti-semitism. I've mentioned this before: the inquiry into the police handling of the Stephen Lawrence murder made the point that it is up to the victim to say whether or not they have been racially abused, and not up to the perpetrator to decide whether or not what they said/did was racist. I.e. you should listen to the victim, and this is something the police failed to do. I doubt anyone on the left (or even the right) would have an issue with that. The problem is that when it comes to anti-semitism the left consistently claim what they have said/done isn't anti-semitic (I assume because they are so anti racist that, by definition, they can't accept that they may actually be so), and refuse to listen to the victim...it's a really strange one.
its odd that you refer to 'the left' as something presumably you don't see yourself as part of - and yet was it just 2 years ago that you were still a Labour voter? I know you intended to vote for Theresa May in June - do you view yourself as a full on Tory now or just passing through? Why have you Muslim-ified Corbyn's name - as you have a strong dislike for him is it underlying racism that leads you to tie them in with him?

I can't predict your answer - that's why I'm asking.

Of course not. In fact, over the years I've been a member of 3 local clubs, and have played at numerous others and never once heard anyone say anything remotely racist. You'd be surprised at the diverse membership of golf clubs these days. Your reverse snobbery would be very unwelcome.

As to your last point, I note you don't really argue that the labour party has a problem...either way, when evidence suggests something I'm inclined to believe it until it is proven wrong (I guess there's a scientist in me somewhere). So far it hasn't been proven wrong. You can state what you want, but it is still speculation and has been proven over the last number of years to be completely false.

The labour party under ********* is a shambles and soft on anti-semitism.

How about at your local Con.club? :winking:

Back