• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

its odd that you refer to 'the left' as something presumably you don't see yourself as part of - and yet was it just 2 years ago that you were still a Labour voter? I know you intended to vote for Theresa May in June - do you view yourself as a full on Tory now or just passing through? Why have you Muslim-ified Corbyn's name - as you have a strong dislike for him is it underlying racism that leads you to tie them in with him?

I can't predict your answer - that's why I'm asking.

I am still left wing, but won't vote for a party that is soft on racism of any kind. I will vote tory through gritted teeth until the labour party comes to its senses, or a new centre left party is created (although I doubt that will happen).

Why are you continuallly trying to subvert this thread away from a discussion of Jeremy Corybn? :unsure:

I'm not. I didn't bring this subject up, Callan did. I am anwering AAS's point that this was basically a mountain out of a molehill, by pointing out that under ********* that kind of attitude is prevalent in the party because he isn't a strong enough leader to deal with it.

The worrying thing for me is that people like you don't even realise this is an issue for *********. He's such a weak leader he would rather sweep the issue under the carpet than deal with it like a proper leader.

yep, which is why the most logical next step is to link in the clown we have as Foreign Secretary

The obvious problem being which picture to use:

BoJo1.jpgBoJo2.jpgBoJo3.jpg

On a serious note, I think you underestimate him at your peril. He's far smarter than people give him credit for, and I actually think he likes people to believe that he's a bit stupid.

I'm not. I didn't bring this subject up, Callan did. I am anwering AAS's point that this was basically a mountain out of a molehill, by pointing out that under ********* that kind of attitude is prevalent in the party because he isn't a strong enough leader to deal with it.

The worrying thing for me is that people like you don't even realise this is an issue for *********. He's such a weak leader he would rather sweep the issue under the carpet than deal with it like a proper leader.

I suggest you read the Chakrabarti Inquiry.Labour has moved on from this issue.Why won't you?

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/party-documents/ChakrabartiInquiry.pdf

The obvious problem being which picture to use:

View attachment 4941View attachment 4942View attachment 4943

On a serious note, I think you underestimate him at your peril. He's far smarter than people give him credit for, and I actually think he likes people to believe that he's a bit stupid.
Who knows what is going on in that head of his. His continued existence in poerful positions is a mystery to me, how May promoted him after he said Obama hated the UK because of his Kenyan heritage.....that ties in with the whole responsibility for what others say on your watch - May listened to his racist outbursts to Obama and the President of Turkey and made him our main representative to the wider world. Madness.

Who knows what is going on in that head of his. His continued existence in poerful positions is a mystery to me, how May promoted him after he said Obama hated the UK because of his Kenyan heritage.....that ties in with the whole responsibility for what others say on your watch - May listened to his racist outbursts to Obama and the President of Turkey and made him our main representative to the wider world. Madness.

Can't disagree with any of that. Awful man.

Well. No doubt if a Conservative leader had asked someone to conduct an inquiry, which cast that leader in a good light and then subsequently ennobled that person, you'd have been up in arms.

No, I'd've assumed it was business as usual under the Tories.:winking:

On the subject of enquiries,can't say I'm expecting too much from the Grenfell enquiry but we shall see.

I suggest you read the Chakrabarti Inquiry.Labour has moved on from this issue.Why won't you?

http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/party-documents/ChakrabartiInquiry.pdf

Here we go again. You mean the report by the person that became a labour peer not long after the report was published and refuses to answer the question as to when her peerage was 1st mooted? She also decided that, just before that it was time to join the labour party so she could conduct the inquiry independently? You couldn't make it up: she is asked to conduct an inquiry, then joins the party, then produces a report that shows there's no real issue and then become a labour peer? Can you remind me again when she became a peer? Oh yes, it was bestowed on her by Camerscum when he left office even though ********* frowns on peerages being given by outgoing PMs, and she was the only labour peer at that time.

You do realise that was a complete farce don't you. That report isn't worth the paper it's written on.

on this - you are ok with voting Tory despite Boris Johnson's racist outbursts?

I'm as OK about him as you are with most of the members of the labour party. But he is one person, one bad apple. The labour party have an entire orchard they need to deal with. Don't believe me? Read this report from someone that was at the conference:

David Collier

I'm as OK about him as you are with most of the members of the labour party. But he is one person, one bad apple. The labour party have an entire orchard they need to deal with. Don't believe me? Read this report from someone that was at the conference:

David Collier

my lunch break just finished so I'll have a read later but I doubt it'll be an unbiased account when one of his opening lines is:
'From the suffocating presence of ‘Palestinian solidarity’'
I'm thinking he may not be the best person to ask.

Labour party - massive influx of new members taking membership to well over half a million. Among these will be various people deemed undesirable and many new members were banned for various reasons including those deemed Antisemitic. Expulsions were made, rule changes were implemented, more rule changes were passed just two days ago. You can debate the effectiveness but it's a problem that actions have been taken to deal with it.

Conservative party - tempted to bring up Zac Goldsmith as another recent high profile case but let's stick with Boris Johnson openly racist his whole life including recent racist slurs on foreign leaders - promoted to one of the biggest jobs in government.

Voting Tory and giving 'racism' as the reason - that's a very strange thought process.

my lunch break just finished so I'll have a read later but I doubt it'll be an unbiased account when one of his opening lines is:
'From the suffocating presence of ‘Palestinian solidarity’'
I'm thinking he may not be the best person to ask.

Labour party - massive influx of new members taking membership to well over half a million. Among these will be various people deemed undesirable and many new members were banned for various reasons including those deemed Antisemitic. Expulsions were made, rule changes were implemented, more rule changes were passed just two days ago. You can debate the effectiveness but it's a problem that actions have been taken to deal with it.

Conservative party - tempted to bring up Zac Goldsmith as another recent high profile case but let's stick with Boris Johnson openly racist his whole life including recent racist slurs on foreign leaders - promoted to one of the biggest jobs in government.

Voting Tory and giving 'racism' as the reason - that's a very strange thought process.

You will of course note the difference between me and you. I'm not defending Bojo. You, however, are defending a party and pretending that there isn't a problem. Self awareness seems to be lacking at the moment.

You will of course note the difference between me and you. I'm not defending Bojo. You, however, are defending a party and pretending that there isn't a problem. Self awareness seems to be lacking at the moment.
Defending him? You voted for the woman who promoted him!
Self awareness? Why have you Muslim-ified Corbyn's name - as you have a strong dislike for him is it underlying racism that leads you to tie them in with him? Where is your self awareness?

Defending him? You voted for the woman who promoted him!
Self awareness? Why have you Muslim-ified Corbyn's name - as you have a strong dislike for him is it underlying racism that leads you to tie them in with him? Where is your self awareness?

Show me where I've defended his actions.

You on the other hand blindly defend anything the labour party does, and in this case doesn't do.

Score another one for the idealogues on this board.

Show me where I've defended his actions.

You on the other hand blindly defend anything the labour party does, and in this case doesn't do.

Score another one for the idealogues on this board.
I have been critical of Labour - academy schools, PFI, not having a plan for a post Sadam Iraq, spurious banning of new members, Neil Coyle, Jess Philips and a few others. But since I was old enough to have an opinion they have always reflected my views better than any other party and the Tories have constantly based policy on a poor outlook on the world. So I'm critical of Labour policy or personnel when I feel that fits, but I'm not looking to trip them up - why would I.

You haven't defended Johnson's actions but you voted for his party - and were rewarded with an expensive link up with the DUP, a vanishing manifesto and Johnson repeating his £350 million lie.

I wouldn't expect you to defend what he says, you won't even defend what you say yourself despite me questioning the racist undertones of your language.

I have been critical of Labour - academy schools, PFI, not having a plan for a post Sadam Iraq, spurious banning of new members, Neil Coyle, Jess Philips and a few others. But since I was old enough to have an opinion they have always reflected my views better than any other party and the Tories have constantly based policy on a poor outlook on the world. So I'm critical of Labour policy or personnel when I feel that fits, but I'm not looking to trip them up - why would I.

You haven't defended Johnson's actions but you voted for his party - and were rewarded with an expensive link up with the DUP, a vanishing manifesto and Johnson repeating his £350 million lie.

I wouldn't expect you to defend what he says, you won't even defend what you say yourself despite me questioning the racist undertones of your language.

All that should show you is the strength of my feelings around this subject and how badly the labour party in general, and ********* specifically, have handled it. At least I don't blindly defend the indefensible, which you continue to do on this subject.

Back