• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's a bit of a worry that she is part of the supposed govenment in waiting. I can't wait for the excuses on here for this one.
I notice Mrs Abbott has been put away some where far from the press. It has to show some progress is being made by the PLP when a danger, risk is recognised and dealt with!

Blimey....

I thought it was a spoof after I first saw it....one can only imagine she is suffering with her health ala Dianne abbott.

Meanwhile despite the protestations of many that Labour are dealing with the issue... the charge of tanti Semitism just doesn't go away for Labour or Corbyn.

Government in waiting?

Last edited:
Two World Wars might suggest otherwise....

Oh bloody hell, we are'nt getting the blame for that as well are we?

I thought it was a spoof after I first saw it....one can only imagine she is suffering with her health ala Dianne abbott.

Meanwhile despite the protestations of many that Labour are dealing with the issue... the charge of tanti Semitism just doesn't go away for Labour or Corbyn.

Government in waiting?

Unfortunately,this is a meme perpetrated and kept alive by"some pockets of" the UK media which uses it as a means of castigating Jeremy Corbyn for his well-known anti-Zionist views.

Last edited:
According to no less an authority than Lenin, WW1 was an Imperialist War.Imperialism,the Highest Stage of Capitalism (1917).

Surely Fascism tops imperialism. You of course live with and enjoy the benefits of the worlds most successful fascist regime. You still won't recognise the stolen 300,000 Spanish babies. The greatest crime in peace time Europe.

Government in waiting?

Actually, the protestations are mainly that labour doesn't have an issue to deal with in the first place. If they can't admit they have a problem they are going to be hard pushed to deal with it. After yesterday there were mixed messages. At least Corbyn had the decency to admit the labour party have an issue, and that he (finally - he's only been leader for about 2 years) wants a meeting with Jewish community leaders. However, he also failed to attend the PLP meeting yesterday evening when the issue was discussed (rather robustly if 5Live are anything to go by).

Oh bloody hell, we are'nt getting the blame for that as well are we?

Nobody said anything about blame. The ludicrous claim was that the world was safer under the British Empire. How anyone can claim the world was safer during a period in which over 100 million died in two World Wars is beyond me. That seems to me to be the very definition of unsafe.

Try googling a bloke called Adolf Hitler.

Thanks, but I thought this was a thread about Corbyn not Ken Livingstone.

Surely Fascism tops imperialism. You of course live with and enjoy the benefits of the worlds most successful fascist regime. You still won't recognise the stolen 300,000 Spanish babies. The greatest crime in peace time Europe.

Thought we were talking about the origins of WW1 and 2.

While Mr Rajoy's PP government certainly leaves much to be desired from anyone on the left, it is very far from a "fascist regime." Saw an SNP MP (from the Orkneys) make the same il-informed comment on C4 news on Sunday.

FYI,I've printed out that article which Naps linked to and will read it when I have time.

Actually, the protestations are mainly that labour doesn't have an issue to deal with in the first place. If they can't admit they have a problem they are going to be hard pushed to deal with it. After yesterday there were mixed messages. At least Corbyn had the decency to admit the labour party have an issue, and that he (finally - he's only been leader for about 2 years) wants a meeting with Jewish community leaders. However, he also failed to attend the PLP meeting yesterday evening when the issue was discussed (rather robustly if 5Live are anything to go by).

There was an interesting discussion on the Daily Politics yesterday with a Jewish woman fom the JLB (Jewish Labour Movement).She made it quite clear that she didn't think JC was at all anti-semitic (and she has regular meetings with him).

Incidentally,JC was not scheduled to meet the PLP yesterday.

Nobody said anything about blame. The ludicrous claim was that the world was safer under the British Empire. How anyone can claim the world was safer during a period in which over 100 million died in two World Wars is beyond me. That seems to me to be the very definition of unsafe.

Joke Matt, just a joke.

So now Britain is responsible for 2 world wars and 100m dead...Nothing to do with Germany or Japan.

Next you'll be agreeing with Afua Hirsch and wanting Nelsons Column pulled down.

So now Britain is responsible for 2 world wars and 100m dead...Nothing to do with Germany or Japan.

Next you'll be agreeing with Afua Hirsch and wanting Nelsons Column pulled down.

He never made that claim, he just said the world was not safer in the time of the empire which was your claim. You can't deflect the fact he was right and you were wrong.

He never made that claim, he just said the world was not safer in the time of the empire which was your claim. You can't deflect the fact he was right and you were wrong.

The only problem is many historians claim the British Empire was over by 1910. It was the rise of Germany Japan and later the US that has caused so much misery since. Besides If we had not stopped the Germans or the Japanese the death toll could have been 1 billion....Or haven't any of you considered what would have happened if the world had been ruled by Hitler and Hirohito

Even in Africa today their interest payments per day are more than we raised for Live Aid. So who owns and controls the World Bank or the IMF.....Or is it easier to blame the British.

The only problem is many historians claim the British Empire was over by 1910. It was the rise of Germany Japan and later the US that has caused so much misery since. Besides If we had not stopped the Germans or the Japanese the death toll could have been 1 billion....Or haven't any of you considered what would have happened if the world had been ruled by Hitler and Hirohito

Even in Africa today their interest payments per day are more than we raised for Live Aid. So who owns and controls the World Bank or the IMF.....Or is it easier to blame the British.

Who is blaming the British on this thread?

:off topic:

Some interesting chat here about the British Empire and so on but the title says Jeremy Corbyn so please let us bring the talk back to the subject of the Rt Hon Member for Islington North.

Like him or not, we can, I think, agree that he did not start WWI or WWII.

:off topic:

Some interesting chat here about the British Empire and so on but the title says Jeremy Corbyn so please let us bring the talk back to the subject of the Rt Hon Member for Islington North.

Like him or not, we can, I think, agree that he did not start WWI or WWII.

On that note....I did ask why are nicknames banned or offensive for JC but not for others.

Back