• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Page 8 of the Metro: Porton Down cannot prove the Salisbury poison came from Russia, despite the fact Boris Johnson said 2 weeks ago that PD had categorically told him it was the Russians.

Leader of the opposition says we should remain calm till all the evidence is known - front page news and lead story in TV news shows as he is a traitor.

Foreign Secretary shown to be lying about what the experts have told him regarding a worldwide diplomatic incident - 6 pages behind Tulisa getting royalties for a Britney song.

Just like the Litvinenko poisoning this whole sorry lamentable story will become just another post script to history.

Do I believe the Russian state was behind the poisoning or that it was state sanctioned by Putin? No, not for one second and for many many reasons.

Do I believe the spin and obfuscated ******** that's been coming from our own politicians? No, not for one second.

Do I believe JC was right to question the lack of scientific proof it determining the nerve agents original origin of manufacture. Yes, but maybe his timing could have been better.

Do I think that BJ is an absolute clown and a blithering liability at times? Yes, but compared to his opposition counterpart he is but a mere irritation. (she's been kept remarkably quiet recently hasn't she?)

Do I think there is something very very iffy about our own governments handling of this and other matters concerning the threats from abroad? Yes, definitely.

On this particular subject it looks like I agree with many on here that I usually disagree with. JC should have TM and BJ by the jugular on this and asking all the very awkward questions so many seem to afraid to ask.

Anecdotal, (I know), but yesterday I bumped into a retired Welsh bloke in a restaurant in Servian-near Pézenas - (that my wife and I first went to some 40 years ago now) and he (like me) was strongly anti-Brexit. Unlike me. he he'd taken out French citizenship, something I'd be extremely reluctant to do, even though (given the 5 year EU residence rule) I could easily apply for, (and get), Spanish citizenship.

Lovely story although it needs a few more brackets to really get the points across. Overall a good effort. 7/10.

Lovely story although it needs a few more brackets to really get the points across. Overall a good effort. 7/10.

The point, (fairly clearly), was this Welsh guy and I were both anti-Brexit.Though he'd renounced his UK citizenship (something I'd never dream of doing).The brackets were there to exclude extraneous information.Glad you liked the story, btw. I enjoyed meeting this Welshman (from Swansea) too.:winking:

Just like the Litvinenko poisoning this whole sorry lamentable story will become just another post script to history.

Do I believe the Russian state was behind the poisoning or that it was state sanctioned by Putin? No, not for one second and for many many reasons.

Do I believe the spin and obfuscated ******** that's been coming from our own politicians? No, not for one second.

Do I believe JC was right to question the lack of scientific proof it determining the nerve agents original origin of manufacture. Yes, but maybe his timing could have been better.

Do I think that BJ is an absolute clown and a blithering liability at times? Yes, but compared to his opposition counterpart he is but a mere irritation. (she's been kept remarkably quiet recently hasn't she?)

Do I think there is something very very iffy about our own governments handling of this and other matters concerning the threats from abroad? Yes, definitely.

On this particular subject it looks like I agree with many on here that I usually disagree with. JC should have TM and BJ by the jugular on this and asking all the very awkward questions so many seem to afraid to ask.

Not often that I agree with so many points you make in the same post (see bolded bits).:thumbsup:

As with the Litvinenko poisoning, this issue won't go away just yet.Watch out for some incisive questioning from the Shadow Foreign Secretary and the Leader of the Opposition, when Parliament resumes next week.

As I've often said I'm not a big fan of Abbott but I don't see how she can be worse than the current Foreign Secretary whose conduct is being used by the Russians against our security experts in the same way it was used by the Iranians to increase the spurious prison sentence on a British citizen.
Abbott has managed to get the BBC to actually acknowledge Johnson's lies on this (though they didn't go as far as to use the L word despite that is what he has done) and she put the blame solely on Johnson and stuck up for May. Abbott has certainly outplayed him on this and came across in the interview as a measured politician.
As is often the case Corbyn and his team are hounded by the media with a great fanfare and then it slowly unravels and they are proven right.

So Boris the clown has successfully conned 28 other nations including the US that this nerve agent attack was Russian led?
Don't say much for the other nations does it, I mean blindly taking on board what this idiot buffoon says without doing any checks themselves? I mean, what would they have to lose?
Poor old Mr Putin, I mean what's he actually done wrong apart from murdering hundreds of dutch nationals by shooting them out of the sky and a bit of nation building in the Ukraine (who's that remind you of?)
Just as well Jeremy is here to be the voice of reason and stand up for the UK (he is isn't he?)
Mind you, at least it takes away the thought of two persons fighting for their lives in hospital eh?

Not often that I agree with so many points you make in the same post (see bolded bits).:thumbsup:

As with the Litvinenko poisoning, this issue won't go away just yet.Watch out for some incisive questioning from the Shadow

Foreign Secretary and the Leader of the Opposition, when Parliament resumes next week.

Incisive from that shower of Jew loathing racists,you jest senor.:facepalm:

As I've often said I'm not a big fan of Abbott but I don't see how she can be worse than the current Foreign Secretary whose conduct is being used by the Russians against our security experts in the same way it was used by the Iranians to increase the spurious prison sentence on a British citizen.
Abbott has managed to get the BBC to actually acknowledge Johnson's lies on this (though they didn't go as far as to use the L word despite that is what he has done) and she put the blame solely on Johnson and stuck up for May. Abbott has certainly outplayed him on this and came across in the interview as a measured politician.
As is often the case Corbyn and his team are hounded by the media with a great fanfare and then it slowly unravels and they are proven right.

Its quite important for us all, to ask why our government are lying in order to up the anti with Russia. So please don't spoil it by trying to praise Abbott in any way what so ever......You will lose the next election if she is not removed to the back benches....absolute fact.

Its quite important for us all, to ask why our government are lying in order to up the anti with Russia. So please don't spoil it by trying to praise Abbott in any way what so ever......You will lose the next election if she is not removed to the back benches....absolute fact.
You don't have to be a big fan of an MP to recognise when they have done something right.
Abbott has (I think) the 2nd largest majority in the country so clearly her constituents are not shying away from her. The idea that a single politician could put the country off voting for a whole party doesn't pan out - look at the track record of Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove - in isolation any of these would put you off voting Tory but it doesn't work like that.
Apart from forcing the BBC to talk about this (even if it was only BBC radio) Abbott is not the story here it is Boris Johnson who has been caught out lying and yet again causing diplomatic problems.

Its the Tories who arm the anti Semitic state Saudi Arabia not Labour. Its Corbyn not May who celebrated Passover with Jews but apparently he is still in the wrong as it's not acceptable to spend time with left wing Jews only the right wing ones.

You do realise that UK arms deals with Saudi Arabia, and other countries started before this government don't you? According to CAAT it seems to start in the 1960s, and both parties are equally to blame:

CAAT

(There's a section with the heading "UK Arms and Saudi Arabia, 1965-1985".) I think using that argument to prove the tories are just as (or maybe more) anti semitic than labour is clutching at straws.

However, it's good to see that even Militant have now said that the labour party is more anti-semitic than it thought, and that the party had failed:

BBC

It's also good to see that Corbyn and the BoD etc are finally going to meet.

To answer your point about the wrong kind of Jews, it's important to put that into perspective. Corbyn has been leader for around two years, and in that time has not managed to meet with any mainstream Jewish organisations. At the time when he admits there is an issue with anti-semitism within the labour party he then meets with a group that call themselves Jewdass. To anyone with any sense the name would ring alarm bells. It's a pretty obvious play on words. I wonder if he joined in with the singing, especially the song they sing about burning down parliament.

That said, I'm not that bothered that he met them, really it's just a matter of poor timing, and poor judgment. More important to me is that he follows through with actions, and really does engage with the mainstream Jewish community.

You do realise that UK arms deals with Saudi Arabia, and other countries started before this government don't you? According to CAAT it seems to start in the 1960s, and both parties are equally to blame:

CAAT

(There's a section with the heading "UK Arms and Saudi Arabia, 1965-1985".) I think using that argument to prove the tories are just as (or maybe more) anti semitic than labour is clutching at straws.

However, it's good to see that even Militant have now said that the labour party is more anti-semitic than it thought, and that the party had failed:

BBC

It's also good to see that Corbyn and the BoD etc are finally going to meet.

To answer your point about the wrong kind of Jews, it's important to put that into perspective. Corbyn has been leader for around two years, and in that time has not managed to meet with any mainstream Jewish organisations. At the time when he admits there is an issue with anti-semitism within the labour party he then meets with a group that call themselves Jewdass. To anyone with any sense the name would ring alarm bells. It's a pretty obvious play on words. I wonder if he joined in with the singing, especially the song they sing about burning down parliament.

That said, I'm not that bothered that he met them, really it's just a matter of poor timing, and poor judgment. More important to me is that he follows through with actions, and really does engage with the mainstream Jewish community.
‘Previous governments sold arms to an anti Semitic state so we carried on’ is not a valid excuse for government policy.

Militant no longer exist so any views they held are also of little consequence in the present time.

I’m not sure the BoD are a mainstream Jewish organisation, I think they would be classed as right wing – they have blamed Hamas for the fact Israeli forces killed 16 unarmed protesters – to view that as a mainstream Jewish view I would see as rather offensive to Jews.

As someone is keeping track of Corbyn’s meetings – in that same period of time how many mainstream Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist organisations has Corbyn met with?

You don't have to be a big fan of an MP to recognise when they have done something right.
Abbott has (I think) the 2nd largest majority in the country so clearly her constituents are not shying away from her. The idea that a single politician could put the country off voting for a whole party doesn't pan out - look at the track record of Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove - in isolation any of these would put you off voting Tory but it doesn't work like that.
Apart from forcing the BBC to talk about this (even if it was only BBC radio) Abbott is not the story here it is Boris Johnson who has been caught out lying and yet again causing diplomatic problems.

George Howeth tops tbe largest majority for Labour with 34000 +.

Abbott is way back with a poultry 24016. Ripe for the picking me thinks.:smile:

‘Previous governments sold arms to an anti Semitic state so we carried on’ is not a valid excuse for government policy.

Who said it was? The point I was making (which you seem to have deliberately missed) is that to claim that the tories are more anti semitic because they've done the same as every UK government since the 1960s is simply clutching at straws.

Militant no longer exist so any views they held are also of little consequence in the present time.

You clearly didn't read the article.

I’m not sure the BoD are a mainstream Jewish organisation, I think they would be classed as right wing – they have blamed Hamas for the fact Israeli forces killed 16 unarmed protesters – to view that as a mainstream Jewish view I would see as rather offensive to Jews.

The BoD aren't perfect. They make mistakes, but they do represent mainstream Jews.

As someone is keeping track of Corbyn’s meetings – in that same period of time how many mainstream Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist organisations has Corbyn met with?

Again, who said I keep a track of his meetings? Again, you seem to have deliberately missed the point. Over a two year (ish) period when there are concerns over anti-semitism in the labour party Corbyn failed to meet with any mainstream Jewish organisation to discuss it. When he finally admits that there is a problem he meets with a group of Jews who sing about burning down parliament. As I said, I'm not really bothered that he met them, I'm more interested in what happens in the future now he's agreed to meet with the BoD.

Wouldn't matter which black candidate Labour provided for that seat they would win. As Tangled said the people of Hackney love her. Shame she doesn't love them. Couldn't wait to remove her son to a school well away from Hackney.....Still can't blame her, we would all do the same because lets face it diversity is for others to suffer, its not for us.

I genuinely don't believe your that naïve. I think your more like the Lefies who ruin every union. Your own selfish believes, dangerous group think politics and ingrained hatred of anyone you consider a Tory means you are guaranteed to lose.

If any former or potential Labour voter speaks out on the Zone you will shout them down, accuse them of racism and attempt to silence them. When you multiply that nationally, that is why May won the last GE and its why we voted out.

Diane Abbott will win in Hackney but in many swing seats people will judge JC on the company he keeps, so she is great for the Tories.

Labour have already refused to stand up for all the victims of grooming gangs and the cover up within the BBC and beyond. If you stupidly resort to you standard insults at your favourites like Boris, then you will miss a great opportunity. You need to expose the whole Salisbury nonsense and who else it may involve....Just for starters the US and Israel have every reason to make us blame the Russians.

After all if you can't be a credible opposition how can you ever be a credible government.

Who said it was? The point I was making (which you seem to have deliberately missed) is that to claim that the tories are more anti semitic because they've done the same as every UK government since the 1960s is simply clutching at straws.

You clearly didn't read the article.

The BoD aren't perfect. They make mistakes, but they do represent mainstream Jews.

Again, who said I keep a track of his meetings? Again, you seem to have deliberately missed the point. Over a two year (ish) period when there are concerns over anti-semitism in the labour party Corbyn failed to meet with any mainstream Jewish organisation to discuss it. When he finally admits that there is a problem he meets with a group of Jews who sing about burning down parliament. As I said, I'm not really bothered that he met them, I'm more interested in what happens in the future now he's agreed to meet with the BoD.
I've not missed the point I disagree with it. Arming anti Semitics is as bad policy as you can get - and the fact that is a continuation of policy is no excuse.

What article on Militant? No, I've not read an article on Militant for many years.

BoD have seemingly been accepted as the voice of the Jewish community but that doesn't seem valid to me - it's like the Conservatives being accepted as the voice of....whatever we are.

Wouldn't matter which black candidate Labour provided for that seat they would win. As Tangled said the people of Hackney love her. Shame she doesn't love them. Couldn't wait to remove her son to a school well away from Hackney.....Still can't blame her, we would all do the same because lets face it diversity is for others to suffer, its not for us.

I genuinely don't believe your that naïve. I think your more like the Lefies who ruin every union. Your own selfish believes, dangerous group think politics and ingrained hatred of anyone you consider a Tory means you are guaranteed to lose.

If any former or potential Labour voter speaks out on the Zone you will shout them down, accuse them of racism and attempt to silence them. When you multiply that nationally, that is why May won the last GE and its why we voted out.

Diane Abbott will win in Hackney but in many swing seats people will judge JC on the company he keeps, so she is great for the Tories.

Labour have already refused to stand up for all the victims of grooming gangs and the cover up within the BBC and beyond. If you stupidly resort to you standard insults at your favourites like Boris, then you will miss a great opportunity. You need to expose the whole Salisbury nonsense and who else it may involve....Just for starters the US and Israel have every reason to make us blame the Russians.

After all if you can't be a credible opposition how can you ever be a credible government.
That's a lot of writing but nothing in there that we haven't been through already.
But - I don't shout anyone down, I discuss and often do so in quite a lot of detail, if I disagree with someone that is not shouting them down its just expressing a difference of opinion.
This whole 'that's why May won the election' narrative is a very strange angle - when the election was called Labour were 20 points behind because they were going through a period of change and disunity. Three month later they finished 2 points behind - because of the policies they offered they came close to making up all that ground. A more sensible question would be how did May lose Cameron's majority from such a comfortable starting point and have to rely on the DUP to be able to stay in government.

I've not missed the point I disagree with it. Arming anti Semitics is as bad policy as you can get - and the fact that is a continuation of policy is no excuse.

What article on Militant? No, I've not read an article on Militant for many years.

BoD have seemingly been accepted as the voice of the Jewish community but that doesn't seem valid to me - it's like the Conservatives being accepted as the voice of....whatever we are.

It's totally valid, or have you taken it upon yourself to dictate to the Jewish community who they allowed to say represents them?

Back