• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The British public aren't interested in left wing whinging about Palestine. They are however concerned about our country, perhaps you should be talking about Rochdale, Rotherham and now Sheffield. You ignored them in the last election and your doing exactly the same again.

As I found out in my Union days, the hard left infiltrate and ruin anything they touch. Always have their own ideology that comes at the expense of and to the detriment everyone else. Once they have power the act like any other Dictator closing down debate and silencing any voice of reason.

The discussion was about Israel. This thread is 1778 posts long and no one has mentioned Rotherham apart from you for many many posts if at all on this thread. If you want to search that was discussed at length on a specific thread and your input on this one was nothing to do with the discussions that were ongoing. Israel was the discussion so if you want to explain your 'Israel is full of Jews so that's ok for the outraged liberal left'. That is at least keeping within the boundaries of what was being discussed.

Actually this thread is about Corduroy, not Israel. We're presently discussing his tolerance of people with racist views. For some reason you expanded that to include Israel. No one else did.

Actually this thread is about Corduroy, not Israel. We're presently discussing his tolerance of people with racist views. For some reason you expanded that to include Israel. No one else did.
Because the accusation was anti Semitism......

if you re-read Rigsby's post it was saying the exact opposite of what you and Callan were saying but doing so in a particular style that has already sent the discussion spiralling.

For that reason I'm out. I think I said everything I'm going to say and the three of us that were in the discussion are just repeating ourselves but with a new level of bizarre that will achieve nothing.

Because the accusation was anti Semitism......

if you re-read Rigsby's post it was saying the exact opposite of what you and Callan were saying but doing so in a particular style that has already sent the discussion spiralling.

For that reason I'm out. I think I said everything I'm going to say and the three of us that were in the discussion are just repeating ourselves but with a new level of bizarre that will achieve nothing.

Anti semitism is nothing to do with Israel. You seem to be falling into the same trap as Gerry Downing.

Perhaps they should be more concerned about the 1400 victims of abuse in Rotherham. The next town to be exposed is Sheffield.

Not a chance. You won't dare even mention the name Rotherham but of course Israel is full of Jews so that's ok for the outraged liberal left.

Try campaigning for people in your own country and you never know you might just stop another landslide in Blue.
Link please.

I don't know why you would get involved in someone else's attempt to divert the thread.
If an MP represents their constituents then for Corbyn that is Islington so I don't see where Rotherham comes into it.
'abandoned the white working class' - what like steel workers?
Seriously not interested in lowest common denominator discussions if that is what we are switching to.

Personally, I don't particularly see this as thread diversion but rather an evolution of what is being discussed.

MP's should concentrate on their constituents and constituency, as I raised previously.

Corbyn was in no official capacity when inviting racists to the commons, or indeed attending events with them.

There is a link between former Labour Rotherham MP Denis Mcshane and the topic we are now discussing, so it is relevant.

Personally, I don't particularly see this as thread diversion but rather an evolution of what is being discussed.

MP's should concentrate on their constituents and constituency, as I raised previously.

Corbyn was in no official capacity when inviting racists to the commons, or indeed attending events with them.

There is a link between former Labour Rotherham MP Denis Mcshane and the topic we are now discussing, so it is relevant.
If you re-read his post it was nonsense for the most part - saying lefties are only interested in Israel - WTF. I find discussing with him a waste of time so I'm out because of that rather than a new tangent in the subject matter.

If you re-read his post it was nonsense for the most part - saying lefties are only interested in Israel - WTF. I find discussing with him a waste of time so I'm out because of that rather than a new tangent in the subject matter.

Perhaps if you were to look into this a little further on Mcshanes part you may hold a different view....

Israel is the Jewish homeland. Obviously anti Semitism existed long before Israel but to say anti Semitism is nothing to do with Israel will clearly be false in many cases.

I'll say it again: Anti semitism is nothing to do with Israel. The fact that a lot of left wing activists these days blur the lines is what is worrying. Legitimate criticism of Israel is perfectly acceptable, but when it spills over into anti semitism (which it nearly always does with the people I'm talking about) it becomes completely unacceptable.

Anti semitism has nothing to do with Israel.

I'll say it again: Anti semitism is nothing to do with Israel. The fact that a lot of left wing activists these days blur the lines is what is worrying. Legitimate criticism of Israel is perfectly acceptable, but when it spills over into anti semitism (which it nearly always does with the people I'm talking about) it becomes completely unacceptable.

Anti semitism has nothing to do with Israel.
Obviously anti Semitism existed long before Israel but to say anti Semitism is nothing to do with Israel will clearly be false in many cases.

Obviously anti Semitism existed long before Israel but to say anti Semitism is nothing to do with Israel will clearly be false in many cases.

I'll say it again. Anti semitism is nothing to do with Israel. If you think using Jewish stereotypes and libels is a legitimate way to criticise Israel then I worry for you.

Link please.

There has already been arrests. My information is that they are non muslim and mainly White British, including women.

That's the problem with turning a blind eye because you don't think it would be a good career move to take on the Muslim community. It leaves every vulnerable young girl at the mercy of all paedophiles, no matter what their race or gender.

This is a national disgrace and is still being kept quiet.

There has already been arrests. My information is that they are non muslim and mainly White British, including women.

That's the problem with turning a blind eye because you don't think it would be a good career move to take on the Muslim community. It leaves every vulnerable young girl at the mercy of all paedophiles, no matter what their race or gender.

If those arrested are white (and presumably not Muslim), why would you need to "take on the Muslim community?"

I'm still not clear what you're on about. Some people in Sheffield were recently charged with child sex offences but they were non-muslim white brits, as you say. However (sadly) these cases and happen up and down the country.

Rotherham was unique because the perpetrators were mainly muslim men and there was a system-wide failure to tackle the issue due to the fear of stirring racial tensions.

I don't think we're looking at Rotherham-style issue in other places because Rotherham was a unique combination of the racial mix of the gang, the racial tensions that already existed in the town, and the terrible leadership in a number of departments. I'd suggest that most councils and departments are pretty good at learning from these huge scandals.

[barna] I know first hand that Sheffield council and many organisations do a lot of good work to engage with and support ethnic populations. [/barna]

I'm still not clear what you're on about. Some people in Sheffield were recently charged with child sex offences but they were non-muslim white brits, as you say. However (sadly) these cases and happen up and down the country.

Rotherham was unique because the perpetrators were mainly muslim men and there was a system-wide failure to tackle the issue due to the fear of stirring racial tensions.

I don't think we're looking at Rotherham-style issue in other places because Rotherham was a unique combination of the racial mix of the gang, the racial tensions that already existed in the town, and the terrible leadership in a number of departments. I'd suggest that most councils and departments are pretty good at learning from these huge scandals.

[barna] I know first hand that Sheffield council and many organisations do a lot of good work to engage with and support ethnic populations. [/barna]

That is my point. It has been going on for 15 years in plenty of towns. We have female doctors writing letters to all the right people 10 years ago and being ignored. With the plenty of high ranking police, social services and politicians having their Rotherham blinkers firmly in place. This has full encouraged the spread of this sort of crime.

Please don't go down the 'lessons have been learnt' route. A public inquiry with prison terms and sackings should be todays lesson

This morning Jezza was door stepped by the press,he refused to answer any question concerning Cammy and tried to grab the reporters phone !

Would of thought he might have all guns blazing,wonder if he is hiding stuff!

Grabbing a phone is not statesmanlike.

Back