• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know exactly what I mean by anti- Zionism and the difference between that and anti-semitism.

I'm just not prepared to indulge you with an answer.

Why? Just in case I expose any hypocrisy?

BTW: before you refused to reply it was actually meant as a genuine question because it seems to me that most people don't actually know what Zionism is. I wanted to get an understanding of what it is that you believe it to mean.

The fact that you won't reply leads me to believe you have something to hide.

BTW: before you refused to reply it was actually meant as a genuine question because it seems to me that most people don't actually know what Zionism is. I wanted to get an understanding of what it is that you believe it to mean.

The fact that you won't reply leads me to believe you have something to hide

Let's be quite clear about this.There's a huge difference between criticism of (some of) the state of Israel's Zionist policies and anti-semitism as such.

FYI,I have nothing whatsoever to hide.In fact our younger daughter is currently going out with a young (Parisian) Jewish guy,who I get on with really well.

Let's be quite clear about this.There's a huge difference between criticism of (some of) the state of Israel's Zionist policies and anti-semitism as such.

FYI,I have nothing whatsoever to hide.In fact our younger daughter is currently going out with a young (Parisian) Jewish guy,who I get on with really well.
Cool story

6556.jpg

In that case answer the question. What do you mean by anti Zionist?

Tangle, you'll be pleased to know I support you on this one. Just because your anti-Zionist does not make you an anti-semitic.

The word Zionist does mean different thing to certain groups. You don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist and many Israelis are against Zionism. People should learn the difference before they point the finger.

Ken Livingstone was right, Hitler was in favour of Zionism and was even backed by Banks from the USA in his early days. Lots of Europe's elite were more scared of Bolshevism sweeping across the continent and were happy to back Hitler.

TBF, these comments were made two years ago on social media, well before Naz Shah even became an MP.

You weren't quite so fair about David Cameron's investment decision made in 1997, were you? You were happy to call him hypocritical for his actions taken nearly 20 years ago but seem rather forgiving for a Labour MP's actions less than 2 years ago.

Are some of your best friends black as well?

You weren't quite so fair about David Cameron's investment decision made in 1997, were you? You were happy to call him hypocritical for his actions taken nearly 20 years ago but seem rather forgiving for a Labour MP's actions less than 2 years ago.

Are some of your best friends black as well?

I believe he prefers the word 'coloured'

Tangle, you'll be pleased to know I support you on this one. Just because your anti-Zionist does not make you an anti-semitic.

The word Zionist does mean different thing to certain groups. You don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist and many Israelis are against Zionism. People should learn the difference before they point the finger.

Ken Livingstone was right, Hitler was in favour of Zionism and was even backed by Banks from the USA in his early days. Lots of Europe's elite were more scared of Bolshevism sweeping across the continent and were happy to back Hitler.
O rly?

The fact that you won't reply leads me to believe you have something to hide.

I would agree with you there and TBH, I not sure I did.
Genuine question for you - would you be considered "anti zionist" and all that could imply if you disagreed with the Israeli government on land settlement policy? My point being, you can support the state of Israel without agreeing with it's policies of the current government.

O rly?

Ken Livingstone's words are being twisted. Its quite clear that Hitler wasn't allowing Jews to leave Germany because he was being nice to them and nor is Ken saying that.

Whatever anyone wants to say thousands of them did leave in the early 30's. Obviously as Hitler gained more power he stopped them leaving (officially) and we ended up with the 'final solution.'

Ken Livingstone's words are being twisted. Its quite clear that Hitler wasn't allowing Jews to leave Germany because he was being nice to them and nor is Ken saying that.

Whatever anyone wants to say thousands of them did leave in the early 30's. Obviously as Hitler gained more power he stopped them leaving (officially) and we ended up with the 'final solution.'

What history book did you read because most of that statement is bollocks. And Livingston has history with his nazi comparisons so I don't think he was taken out of context at all.

Good on Corbyn for acting so quickly.

My understanding is that the Nazis considered having Europe's Jews relocated to Israel, but preferred the idea of shipping them to Madagascar or Siberia, before finally settling on slaughtering them. I'm not sure that Barnaby is an antisemite, and I don't particularly care. I am thoroughly convinced, however, that he is a no-talent assclown.

What history book did you read because most of that statement is bollocks. And Livingston has history with his nazi comparisons so I don't think he was taken out of context at all.

Good on Corbyn for acting so quickly.

Educate me then.

Educate me then.

Certainly. Hitler took a deep hatred against the jewish race before he even set foot in Germany. He was refused entry to the Vienna art collage and blamed that on supposed jewish benifactors of the school. He wrote incesently about how the jews were to blame for all of Germanys woes, before and after WW1 and enjoyed little success with his retoric until the depression of 1929 when his hatred and bile made more of a impact with those who were losing tbeir jobs and livelyhoods.

It was a easy target and the depression helped him no end. Once the Nazi Party started getting a foothold it was easy for him to manipulate the people and blame everything on the jews. Only the rich jewish families who saw the writing on tbe wall got out early on, those left were falsed to display the Star of David in shop windows, jewish children were hounded out of schools which allowed the false claim that jewish kids were lazy. Businesses had SA members standing outside to deter customers, chemists would refuse drugs and jews were forced to sit on seats on trains and buses marked out for them.

Hitler covered up these abuses during the Berlin Olympics but got straight back on it after yhe worlds press had left. Ever heard of the Night of Crystal? Almost every jewish owned property was smashed apart. Factories, shops, synogoges and homes were left to burn as the fire brigades refused to aid jewish owned property. They were then fined 1 billion marks for the damage and forced to clear it up.

I believe that takes you up to about 1938, the rest is pretty much well documented.

More educated?

Certainly. Hitler took a deep hatred against the jewish race before he even set foot in Germany. He was refused entry to the Vienna art collage and blamed that on supposed jewish benifactors of the school. He wrote incesently about how the jews were to blame for all of Germanys woes, before and after WW1 and enjoyed little success with his retoric until the depression of 1929 when his hatred and bile made more of a impact with those who were losing tbeir jobs and livelyhoods.

It was a easy target and the depression helped him no end. Once the Nazi Party started getting a foothold it was easy for him to manipulate the people and blame everything on the jews. Only the rich jewish families who saw the writing on tbe wall got out early on, those left were falsed to display the Star of David in shop windows, jewish children were hounded out of schools which allowed the false claim that jewish kids were lazy. Businesses had SA members standing outside to deter customers, chemists would refuse drugs and jews were forced to sit on seats on trains and buses marked out for them.

Hitler covered up these abuses during the Berlin Olympics but got straight back on it after yhe worlds press had left. Ever heard of the Night of Crystal? Almost every jewish owned property was smashed apart. Factories, shops, synogoges and homes were left to burn as the fire brigades refused to aid jewish owned property. They were then fined 1 billion marks for the damage and forced to clear it up.

I believe that takes you up to about 1938, the rest is pretty much well documented.

More educated?

Yes thanks for reminding me, Hitler hated the Jews. You still haven't explained what bit of my post is bollocks.

Back