• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBF, these comments were made two years ago on social media, well before Naz Shah even became an MP.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ohn-mcdonnells-pps-antisemitic-facebook-posts

Yes I know but try to be honest here. If this was a white MP who said something on the lines of all blacks or all indians should relocate where they would be more welcome, would you expect them to survive?
No you wouldn't, and why should they. What she said was racist and as far as I am concerned, no racist can represent any constituency. How can a jewish constituent go and see her for advice and help now?
This is nothing to do with bashing the Labour party by the way - it is just wrong and she needs to step down or Corbyn needs to remove the whip.

Yes I know but try to be honest here. If this was a white MP who said something on the lines of all blacks or all indians should relocate where they would be more welcome, would you expect them to survive?
No you wouldn't, and why should they. What she said was racist and as far as I am concerned, no racist can represent any constituency. How can a jewish constituent go and see her for advice and help now?
This is nothing to do with bashing the Labour party by the way - it is just wrong and she needs to step down or Corbyn needs to remove the whip.

I agree. The Labour Party should be better than this.

I agree with you that this is not Labour party bashing, but saying that she made those comments "well before" (as TUIB does) she became an MP says two things for me. Firstly (in fairness) this isn't a Corduroy issue because she was elected before he became leader. However, secondly it speaks volumes for the Labour party recruitment process if these comments were in the public domain before she was nominated/elected.

I agree with you that this is not Labour party bashing, but saying that she made those comments "well before" (as TUIB does) she became an MP says two things for me. Firstly (in fairness) this isn't a Corduroy issue because she was elected before he became leader. However, secondly it speaks volumes for the Labour party recruitment process if these comments were in the public domain before she was nominated/elected.

No one is going to trawl through years of twitter comments and facebook posts to try and background check an MP.

Anyway,

Don't see the problem myself. I expect Conservative MP's to be avoiding tax and Asian MP's who represent Bradford to not like Israel.

Back