• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just added a bit to refer to Atkinson when I said removing pressure after you qouted...

I don't know too much about Wright, so I can't comment other than what I've said. But CB is at crisis point. What worries you more, Yearwood starting in CM or Coutts and Matsuzaka in CB?

Wright is similar to Wordsworth but can also do a job in a deeper role. Can take a decent set piece from what I recall.

I said we'd miss Atkinson. Demetriou seems to me would be more comfortable in a 352 but if we don't have any fit central defenders we can't play that.
I don't know this guy Josh Wright but if he is a defensive/hard working midfielder we are right to be interested

He's not/he's not and we're not.

We only have one decent attacking midfielder in Wordsworth, so why wouldn't you bring in cover for him when he is out injured and strengthened the squad at the same time..
The club is crying out for another attacking midfielder who has Goals in him..

No we're not.

In addition to Wordsworth we have Yearwood, who would score (and create) more than his fair share of goals if he were to be given a decent, uninterrupted run in the team.

Seriously your taking about a 17 year old kid who has the potential to be a good player in the future...We want someone now who is proven at this level.
Phil Brown sees this kid every day in training so if he is as good as some are saying why is he looking to add another midfielder to the Squad.Maybe its because the kid isn't ready to play more than a bit part this season in the first team.

Last edited:
Wright works his socks off , can both defend and attack, covers a lot of ground and gets in great scoring positions. Can also head well and play a decent pass, plus useful crosser. All the locals I have spoken to are fuming at losing him, especially for no transfer fee, fall out with Pennock was strongly rumoured. Still who would want such a talented youngster and local lad on a free?

No we're not.

In addition to Wordsworth we have Yearwood, who would score (and create) more than his fair share of goals if he were to be given a decent, uninterrupted run in the team.

Wordsworth is injured half the time and whether Yearwood would score and create many no one knows. Rather not base our midfield on a kid, however promising he may be.

Other than them we have Timlin who is a work horse and Leonard who generally plays deeper.

Wright is proven at this level and higher, he would be a good signing. Still dont see why he would join as he fell out with Gillingham for wanting to play higher. Maybe he meant higher on the map of the UK?

Gills missed relegation by a point last season.

Which makes his 14 goals all the more impressive surely.

Wright works his socks off , can both defend and attack, covers a lot of ground and gets in great scoring positions. Can also head well and play a decent pass, plus useful crosser. All the locals I have spoken to are fuming at losing him, especially for no transfer fee, fall out with Pennock was strongly rumoured. Still who would want such a talented youngster and local lad on a free?

Youngster in comparison to some of our signings maybe, but he is 27.

so in summary:
he's triffic
he's terrible
he works hard
he's lazy
he's an attacking midfielder
he can play deep
he's good
he's toilet
he can score goals
we shouldn't go anywhere near him.

Has anyone actually seen the guy play? or is he getting slagged off coz people just want to moan at anything and everything because we haven't won every game this season?

I thought he stood out in the first lge game of last season I remember his passing being very good short range and long range, I think he is what we need but if the likes of pompy and Charlton are interested then we can forget it

I've seen him play at least 5 times. His a bit similar to Kevin Maher. A good winner and keeper of the ball. Always makes himself available. Solid player at this level. Better than Timlin.

Has anyone actually seen the guy play? or is he getting slagged off coz people just want to moan at anything and everything because we haven't won every game this season?

Yes a number of occasions and particularly when he ran rings round us last year and scored !

Speaking to my Orient mate this morning , he really wasnt a fan of Josh at all. He cannot kick with his left foot, So the opposition always know he will bring it back on his right. Hes not a tackler , but he loves to "spray it about a bit " which always looks good when it comes off.

He almost always plays it sideways , but then we all said that about King Kev Maher

Personally when ive seen him play against us he was anonymous apart from taking free kicks + penalties --- but Wordsworth + Cox are unlikely to be amused at that.

Being an Essex lad he would luv a move back to this manor , although his bruv is moving to LA so maybe hes hoping for a move to the MLS !!!

My thoughts on him FWIW:

I honestly couldn't stand the flash tw*t, but he's obviously very good on the ball. Think he's one of those players who is great to have when you're playing well because he'll help you dominate possession and score a few goals, but when you're right in the s**t like we were he goes missing. Loves bottling a tackle and made hiding behind opposition players because he didn't want the ball a fine art.

Spot on.

His brother, however, is an excellent footballer.

It doesn't need to be replaced. We just need to stop playing Demetriou who is the only one currently suffering in Atkinson's absence
No way would/should we leave out one of our best players-read all the comments on the Demetriou/Cyprus thread and remember that one on one against a fast or tricky winger he is ,by a distance,our best option.

Still talking to him.

Still surprised he is interested as wanted to leave Gills to play higher.

Back