• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour and the General Election

How would it be if Labour poll less seats than the Tories BUT SNP then had enough to JUST give Labour a majority; should Ed Mil or Cammoron then refuse to form a gov, leading to a further general Election with Labour pushing to regain it's seats back from SNP north of the Border and the Tories looking to get floaters who had veered towards UKIP or Libs?

Both main parties then set for either/or gov for the future with upstart parties put down?

In Politics it is a dirty business, sod the costs, sod the people, just get the power [and the money].
No reason to think people will change their vote on a second election so soon after the first.

Cheers John, explains the non fitment and color change due to the shadow on the right. You clearly have more time on your hands than us :hilarious: :thumbsup:

My apologies for posting it in the first place. Remove it if you feel it's necessary but can we all at least agree Diane Abbott should be shot :D

Actually,I'm quite a big fan of hers.

So we are agreed then this is fake. If you google it the only place I could find it was the white supremacist site we were given the link to. One of their tag lines is 'Diversity is White Genocide'.

OBL maybe you could post on Facebook that this poster is fake and maybe suggest whoever sent it to you stays off White Power websites as the are renowned for stirring up trouble based on lies.

I've deleted it and will be letting the person who shared it know. Still can't abide Diane Abbot though!

Woah there Tonto. It's not slanderous. It's been up on various websites for six weeks now and no one has been sued or told to remove it. And links? You want to start removing links that people can either click or not as they so choose? Blimey, whatever happened to freedom of choice.
Just a suggestion. The thread now has a fake image which some will see and not read further.
A link to a Nazi website which presumably these people faked the poster in order to get people to visit their website.
And a couple of people looking a bit gullible (and making people wonder who they are hanging out with).

For me getting rid would be a viable option.

I am a Labour supporter since the age when I was old enough to form an opinion. I find Diane Abbot to be moany and unconvincing. Shooting her would be quite a few steps too far though.

White Supremacist fake posters - maybe a mod should delete all the posts relating to this because it's slanderous and we probably don't want to leave links to hate mongering websites on the Zone (other than the odd Mail link for a bit of balance)?

Can I also point out that UKIP VOICE has nothing to do with UKIP. By the way, I was riding a bike around Stoke Newington last Sunday and didn't notice any posters, Labour or otherwise. I think it's just a load of bollocks and a couple of idiots trying to get a reaction, with seems to have worked.

Just a suggestion. The thread now has a fake image which some will see and not read further.
A link to a Nazi website which presumably these people faked the poster in order to get people to visit their website.
And a couple of people looking a bit gullible (and making people wonder who they are hanging out with).

For me getting rid would be a viable option.

I am a Labour supporter since the age when I was old enough to form an opinion. I find Diane Abbot to be moany and unconvincing. Shooting her would be quite a few steps too far though.

The image and some posts have now been removed, but the debate is still valid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-2015-32492591

Miliband goes to see Brand-to make the election "more interesting."

Miliband has been interviewed somewhere that will reach a lot of people who may otherwise not be interested. And gets a front page slagging in the Evening Standard (along with Cameron's quote 'Brand is a joke.......there is an election on') while the economy news (growth has halved in the last three months) gets a couple of paragraphs on page 39. I wonder which party their owner favours....

True, although most of those people, if they really are disciples of Brand, won't be voting anyway.

He has 9.5 million Twitter followers,apparently, so some of them are likely to vote, I'd have thought.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...non-voting-youth-with-russell-brand-encounter

Coming back from Southend to Barna the day after our game with Daggers,last December, I was astonished at how many young people on the plane near me were reading his "Revolution"* book.Obviously a popular Xmas prezzie.

There's no doubt whatsoever that Russell Brand has a strong appeal to a particular youth demographic, which was presumably why Miliband was happy to be interviewd by him.

*Have to admit I bought a copy last year but haven't got round to reading it yet.

Last edited:
True, although most of those people, if they really are disciples of Brand, won't be voting anyway.
Those are the people that politicians should be targeting. ES, Sun, Star and Mail all had front page news slagging Milliband for being interviewed on a Youtube channel - the negativity around this is appalling. Hopefully people will see past that and make up their own minds - Cameron's policy of debate avoidance can't be the way forward. Whatever people think of Ed he is putting himself out there to be judged and not sticking to the safe options. His self confidence has surprised a lot of people and rattled sections of the media.

Those are the people that politicians should be targeting. ES, Sun, Star and Mail all had front page news slagging Milliband for being interviewed on a Youtube channel - the negativity around this is appalling. Hopefully people will see past that and make up their own minds - Cameron's policy of debate avoidance can't be the way forward. Whatever people think of Ed he is putting himself out there to be judged and not sticking to the safe options. His self confidence has surprised a lot of people and rattled sections of the media.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem at all with Miliband trying new ways of engaging voters - that is the way things are headed. It was more a dig at Brand for all that stupid "don't vote" bollocks.

As Barnaby points out, he has 9.5m Twitter followers and it would have been so much more positive if he'd used that influence (conceding that not everyone who follows his tweets will actually listen to him!) to encourage people to become involved in the democratic process.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem at all with Miliband trying new ways of engaging voters - that is the way things are headed. It was more a dig at Brand for all that stupid "don't vote" bollocks.

As Barnaby points out, he has 9.5m Twitter followers and it would have been so much more positive if he'd used that influence (conceding that not everyone who follows his tweets will actually listen to him!) to encourage people to become involved in the democratic process.
Agreed, especially as UKIP are possibly going to win in Thurrock - Brand's manor. Can't believe he wouldn't speak out against that.

The trailer for Brand's interview had 200,000 views last night and the Labour Party broadcast released the same time had 15,000 so instantly he had found a larger audience.

Standard front page tonight is 'PM: poll deadlock would bring UK to a halt' - more scaremongering - and then he states he is the only person who is capable of gaining a majority and saving us from such horrors. So Dave is feeding off negativity while Ed looks to convert non voters.

Just watched the Brand / Miliband chat. Don't think it did Miliband any harm at all, even if a few of his attempts to sound like a bit of a geezer were a tad embarrassing.

Cameron says he hasn't got time to speak to Brand, but this was no worse than the PM going on (say) GMTV.

Back