• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SKY normally pick a couple of matches to show.

I did think, at one point, we might be in the frame, as both teams need a result. Especially as Bolton were promoted, until 4:50pm yesterday.

Now Bolton or Fleetwood can go up automatically, it'll probably be their matches.

Got really mixed feelings.
Think we can and will beat Bury which means play offs unless Millwall match our result.
I actually think their game is hard to call , but they could slip up.

if it goes our way , then play off v Fleetwood or Bolton.
I think Bolton are too physical for us right now and Fleetwood play good football so would be more 50/50.

if we got through , I actually think we have a better chance against Bradford or Scunthorpe , be hey , that's a long way off.

Good enough for championship ?
Not as it stands , but need to go up to attract better players , so who knows what next season will bring.

Biggest likelihood is we remain in L1 and as others have said , this won't be easy given the budgets of some of the teams coming up and down.
But squads in lower leagues rarely stay consistent year after year and many of those teams will lose players , so hard to judge on the squads they have now.

Anyway , onwards to next Sunday.
i will be there with my 10 year old daughter and we will have hope until that hope is gone.

God bless St George

If we draw, Millwall lose and Rochdale win the dale will get 6th place now madness ! Bury are all but safe but need the win on Sunday to make sure ! I reckon we will win millwall will also win which will end the season. Its been relegation form of recent and if we do go in the play offs i can only see on current form that we would get used to clean the floor by either a bolton or fleetwood side

If Port Vale lose or draw at Walsall this week, then Bury won't need anything.

I'm clinging on to the fact that we've had one iconic final game against Bury before, perhaps fate will see a repeat next Sunday. COYB :happy:

I suppose it's never to early to get revved up for the final league game of the season. So, duly revved up, I will go for our best first 11 to start. By best I mean Coker and Wordsworth back. I'll take a win by any means and if we make the play-offs as a result and other results go our way, then bring it on. I don't understand or subscribe to this 'we ain't good enough' bollox. If we get into the top six then that will be brilliant. It will mean that we get two more games and possibly a Wembley appearance at the end of that. Not good enough?...........well I'll take it if it's on offer, Yep, I'm feeling optimistic. COYB.

Can see Rochdale making the playoffs now as we're apparently resting everyone next Sunday.

Can see Rochdale making the playoffs now as we're apparently resting everyone next Sunday.
Feared that may be the case. Still, on paper we should beat Bury if Millwall do slip up at Bristol Rovers.

That said, on paper we should have beaten Charlton, MK Dons and Shrewsbury... :'(

After all the debate about points we've dropped in the last minute, this season, it could turn out that Cox's winner against Rochdale could be the difference, come 2:00pm next Sunday!

My mate was there yesterday , I couldn't be there because I was with my daughter, however he said Cox didn't really do much and that MAF and Theo played ok when they came on. He mentioned an idea of starting MAF and Theo up top, a lot of pace and power in that, from the outset ? Thoughts ? An early goal will settle the nerves and spread the word to other teams !

Really interesting when you compare Brizzle's home record against Millwall's away. They're both where they are because of their home records so, on paper, Brizzle look obvious winners - although, of course, in football, you can never rely on form!!!

Bristol are in 10th place, their home record is Won 13; Drawn 6; Lost 3. Goals for 39, goals against 22. They are in 10th because they have a poor away record.
Millwall are in 6th, their away record is Won 6; Drawn 7; Lost 9. Goals for 28, goals against 37. They are in 6th because they have a good home record

I just had to explain this all to someone on FB who was doing all the old pessimistic of course Millwall will win stuff - there's no "of course" about it!

Reckon I may need a couple of beers before this game to calm the nerves, so arriving early for this one.

Really hope we are at full strength, meaning line will be;

Walton
Demetriou Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Lenny Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

BTW; Any SZers up for a beer before the game?

Anyone?? cheers
I know that the FA decided to hold the FA Cup final over the weekend which is usually assigned for the play-off finals, which meant one had to be moved to the weekend before and consequently the league had to be cut a week shorter.

Why League 1 was chosen I'm not sure, possibly because it'll mean less pressure on Wembley hosting League 2 final along with the FA Cup and Championship finals in one weekend.

Anyone?? cheers

It's because the FA Cup Final is on the Bank Holiday weekend, so they can't play all three play-off finals over that weekend, like they would normally do.

Therefore, one of the divisions had to finish a week early to play their final on 20th May and still have time to fit the semi-finals in. Just happened to be League 1 that was chosen.

Back