• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What ever happens hope the fans stay off the pitch and give everyone the chance to clap the players etc.

Two goals Oxford scored in the first half didn't get the players going in the second half on Saturday. The crowd, however, went bonkers, really raised the roof

I was talking about the crowd.

So was part of my post. So much noise when word got out it was 1-0, then 2-0. To be fair, there was great noise and energy from the Southend fans most of the game

I wouldn't call having McLaughlin in the starting line-up full strength the way he's been playing the past few weeks.He seems well off form and has been subbed a few times.Maybe give Mcglashan or Robinson a start instead?:unsure:

I get what you're saying, but I think McL is a different player when Coker is in the team.

For me Coker is pivotal to our final push.

Said it would go to the wire weeks ago. Only Southend could run this so damn close. We never do things the easy way and this team has hardly ever looked supremely confident, as opposed to Tilly's magnificent L1 winning team. I still reckon we'll sneak in though, blind faith that Millwall are this season's bottlers and we can produce a result when its needed. If anyone has a bit of luck about him... its bloody Phil Brown ha

Ticket sales almost at 6,500. Lets keep it going and get the hall rocking. We need a great atmosphere to get behind the boys and hope Millwall slip. I cant believe i have to wait until sunday!

I think you have to go with your best XI, in the system that has served best :-

Walton
Demetriou Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Of course, Ranger is involved in the trial this week, though there doesn't appear to be any information that the defendants attended court today, so maybe it's been adjourned.

I'm not sure if that affects his training/availability and, additionally, the other injury doubts will be a worry.

The substitute choices and usage could be interesting and pivotal.

I think you have to go with your best XI, in the system that has served best :-

Walton
Demetriou Thompson Ferdinand Coker
Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Of course, Ranger is involved in the trial this week, though there doesn't appear to be any information that the defendants attended court today, so maybe it's been adjourned.

I'm not sure if that affects his training/availability and, additionally, the other injury doubts will be a worry.

The substitute choices and usage could be interesting and pivotal.

Absolutely this, all of it!

From Rovers board-

Chuck the kids and fringe players in, dont particularly care for Rochdale or Southend. Plus it will save many of us having to go to A&E.

Nobody can ever be certain about football and final game of the season twists and turns.
So the only thing we can be absolutely sure of and is unequivocally certain while at the sane time having no logical question over it is...that Millwall will draw 1-1
That much we do know.
Nothing else in football is certain.

The lads will come out this Sunday and play supreme football of the likes you havent witnessed for many a long time by a Southend team, they will pass with such fluency and precision that Bury will wilt and wonder is this Southend or Barcelona we are playing,Cox will score a hattrick with help from Ranger and wordsworth in our 5-0 victory,Now wheres my other bottle off Bourbon need that to come to my senses .:smile::smile:

Joking apart, I wouldn't be surprised if we relax a bit and play a lot better, as a result.

There's an article in the Echo today which says the Wordsworth has triggered a year's extension on his contract.............good news. The bad news is, that according to PB, he is now out for the remainder of the season with his hamstring injury.

I don't get what the thing about robinson is having watched him when he was with Motherwell FC he was terrible ran about like a headless chicken plenty of pace but poor touch I do not rate him at all. A player I would want to see with Southend is Louis Moult he's going on to good things believe me.

Looking forward to seeing Louis Moult vs Bury then.......oh wait.

Back