• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Excellent! - Loving the players in short sleeved shirts and no gloves either! Proper stuff that. :thumbsup:

Anyone know what colour balls they had?

Fnarrr ..... fnarrr.

Excellent! - Loving the players in short sleeved shirts and no gloves either! Proper stuff that. :thumbsup:

Anyone know what colour balls they had?

Fnarrr ..... fnarrr.

Put's to shame some Premiership players and their bench. Samir Nasri used to wear a snood(sort of scarf, neck warmer) and gloves. Emmanuel Eboue wore a snood, tights and gloves.

ad_149462584-e1413964241153.jpg

Shrewsbury also had their EFL Trophy semi final match abandoned due to a frozen pitch.

By the current look of things, I would imagine there will be quite a number of League One games called off this weekend.

Gillingham:

DXHYNurWsAIF1yH.jpg

Scunthorpe:

DXInC4fW0AETOj7.jpg

Here's another image of that Peterborough game on Tuesday night.

DXElkTPWkAAb4pc.jpg:large

I'm guessing the "Beast From The East" got the better of this League One fixture from a fans perspective, as they only had an attendance of just over 2,500.

On that basis, I can't see Walsall bringing as much as I hoped on Saturday, if the game does actually go ahead.

Here's another image of that Peterborough game on Tuesday night.

DXElkTPWkAAb4pc.jpg:large

I'm guessing the "Beast From The East" got the better of this League One fixture from a fans perspective, as they only had an attendance of just over 2,500.

On that basis, I can't see Walsall bringing as much as I hoped on Saturday, if the game does actually go ahead.
I do hope not too many readers get misled by others who keep talking nonsense:
No games have been ABANDONED recently,and none CANCELLED in ages(last 50 years?).

I do hope not too many readers get misled by others who keep talking nonsense:
No games have been ABANDONED recently,and none CANCELLED in ages(last 50 years?).

I'm not sure what you're including, but Southend's game against Millwall on 27th Feb was ABANDONED after 65 minutes. We either lost 2-1 according to Naps, with Wabo scoring, or we were losing 0-1 according to Chris Phillips.

Put's to shame some Premiership players and their bench. Samir Nasri used to wear a snood(sort of scarf, neck warmer) and gloves. Emmanuel Eboue wore a snood, tights and gloves.

ad_149462584-e1413964241153.jpg

They are "johnny foreigners" you know.:winking:

(Had a student say to me yesterday that I "must be used to the weather." It snowed in SC yesterday.I've only been here 40 years come October).

I'm not sure what you're including, but Southend's game against Millwall on 27th Feb was ABANDONED after 65 minutes. We either lost 2-1 according to Naps, with Wabo scoring, or we were losing 0-1 according to Chris Phillips.
As I suspect you may have realised,I was not including a hastily-arranged,U-23?,behind-closed-doors friendly,which was definitely abandoned and most probably cancelled too! Shrews’ Semi-Final had already been called off(but NOT cancelled!) that morning

As I suspect you may have realised,I was not including a hastily-arranged,U-23?,behind-closed-doors friendly,which was definitely abandoned and most probably cancelled too! Shrews’ Semi-Final had already been called off(but NOT cancelled!) that morning

Matches for official competitions do not get cancelled, they get postponed. Friendly games however do get cancelled, just like the Brentford one in 2013.

The Bury game in 2015, that was abandoned after 6 minutes and another abandonment was the Witham friendly in 2012.

In addition to Southend, only this week the Billericay game away at Wingate was abandoned.

The devil's in the detail eh?

For anyone interested, Blackburn v Wigan is live on SKY at the moment.

Only caught bits of it, but looks a decent view.

For anyone interested, Blackburn v Wigan is live on SKY at the moment.

Only caught bits of it, but looks a decent view.

Cracking game that, I think Blackburn will see that 2 points dropped, and Wigan a point gained. Mind you, I still think Wigan will finish champions, what with their games in hand.

Off topic, but fantastic noise from the Crystal Palace fans tonight against Man Utd. They seem really up for it.

Rochdale one goal up at Walsall tonight. If they can score nine more without reply we'll go back to 13th place on goal difference.

LOL.

Great post Barling.

9 more goals might be pushing though, considering they have only scored 13 goals before this fixture so far this season.

I think Rochdale seem to be on the up, I really hope it's not a bad result from a postponed fixture.

Back