• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If only we could do that!... actually when was the last time we did that? either to snatch a draw or even better a win. Seems an age away.

Walsall last season.

However, before that, I'd say a while back.

Looking at the table, a win on Saturday and we'll be up to 9th! :cool:

That's assuming Rotherham don't win at Bristol Rovers.

If we do make it to 9th, I can only imagine the "post match ratings" Thread, would only probably go to a page or two.

Mainly due to the lack of the "Brown Out" "Ferdinand Out" "Timlin Out" " Ranger Out" " Robinson Out" "Penalty takers out" etc etc (should I continue?) so called Brigade! :smile:

Despite Blackburn's surge up the league, I didn't expect them to win 4-2 away at Blackpool.

To be fair, Charlton also did a good job to come back from 2 goals behind.

If only we could do that!... actually when was the last time we did that? either to snatch a draw or even better a win. Seems an age away.

Not so long ago Northampton 2-0 down at half time - and got a draw at Gillingham after going 3-2 down

We are 10 points off of the play offs and facing a form team. Oldham I believe have just 2 defeats in 10.

We have Scunny charlton bradford Shrewsbury coming up consecutively.

I'd be more concerned with the bottom 4 being just 5 points behind.

Doncaster equalized in the 7th minute of injury time.

What larks!

It's currently looking like a 3 horse race for the auto's, what with the 2 games in hand that Wigan, Blackburn & Shrewsbury have over the rest of the chasing pack, & the possibility of opening up a 10 point lead from Scunthorpe.

If every team in and around the play off's & the relegation zone won their games in hand (so everyone had 29 games played), the table would currently look like this:

At the Top:

1. Wigan............ = 66 PTS
2. Blackburn...... = 61 PTS
-----------------------------------
3. Shrewsbury... = 61 PTS
4. Scunthorpe...... = 51 PTS
5. Charlton.......... = 49 PTS
6. Bradford.......... = 48 PTS
------------------------------------
7. Rotherham....... = 47 PTS
8. Peterborough.... = 46 PTS
9. Portsmouth....... = 45 PTS

At the bottom:

17. Plymouth..........35 PTS
18. Southend........34 PTS
19. Blackpool..........33 PTS
20. MK Dons...........33 PTS
------------------------------------
21. Northampton.....32 PTS
22. Rochdale...........31 PTS
23. Oldham.............29 PTS
24. Bury.................23 PTS

Last edited:
Wigan and Blackburn look too strong, for me.

I'll be interested to see how Wigan play at our place.

Think they've won 7 away games on the trot!

Couple of games worth keeping an eye on, on Tuesday.

Walsall away at Blackburn and Rochdale at home to Wigan.

Form should suggest there'll be good results for us by 9:40pm on Tuesday, hopefully.

Not so long ago Northampton 2-0 down at half time - and got a draw at Gillingham after going 3-2 down

And prior to yesterday they were the only two occasions we have come back to get a point when behind. That's pretty appalling actually.

Couple of games worth keeping an eye on, on Tuesday.

Walsall away at Blackburn and Rochdale at home to Wigan.

Form should suggest there'll be good results for us by 9:40pm on Tuesday, hopefully.

Like I said a few months ago, Wigan and Blackburn will finish first and second, so we need to cheer them on in every game they play to take points from every other team.

Blackburn 3-1 Walsall.

Yep, we'll take that thank you very much! :thumbsup:

For some reason (only probably down to my own stupidity) I can never ever find this thread when I want to post on it.

As i said previously, I'd also be happy with Two draws though.

Not League One...But Burton just scored a blinder of a goal against fellow stragglers Barnsley.

Back