• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah Oxford picking up a few red cards / injuries to some of their key players would be a bonus.

It's actually mental that we are still only 9 points off of the playoffs. Everyone was talking about it being unreachable not so long ago, when in actual fact it was very much achievable. Slightly frustrating.

Dropped 2 places tonight. :sad:

Could have been worse.

Lose against Oxford & everything will look different from our eyes.

It's actually mental that we are still only 9 points off of the playoffs. Everyone was talking about it being unreachable not so long ago, when in actual fact it was very much achievable. Slightly frustrating.

Yes, if only they let us play seven more games than all the other teams we could be in sixth place.

Think we've done OK this season, in the end. Yes, the play-offs are only 3 wins away, but relegation is only 3 defeats away.

I'll settle for where we are and some excellent wins recently, as well.

Quite optimistic about next season under SCP with a bit of fine tuning and a couple of clever purchases.

Think we've done OK this season, in the end. Yes, the play-offs are only 3 wins away, but relegation is only 3 defeats away.

Quite optimistic about next season under SCP with a bit of fine tuning and a couple of clever purchases.

It's still all to play for at the bottom of the table with I think 2 places up for grabs. There's been only 3 good sides in the league and the rest pretty average at best and very inconsistent. With the fixtures left it's quite feasible that MK Dons and Rochdale escape and someone like Oxford or even Bradford drop. 53 points still may not be enough.

Relegation is not 3 defeats away, unless you know something about us going into administration!

We are 11 points clear of Rochdale who occupy the last relegation place.

It's still all to play for at the bottom of the table with I think 2 places up for grabs. There's been only 3 good sides in the league and the rest pretty average at best and very inconsistent. With the fixtures left it's quite feasible that MK Dons and Rochdale escape and someone like Oxford or even Bradford drop. 53 points still may not be enough.
Bradford are on 53 points now with 7 games left. They are on a bad run but there is no way they will be relegated

Bradford are on 53 points now with 7 games left. They are on a bad run but there is no way they will be relegated

It's very very unlikely but with just 1 win in 13 if they lost their last 7 Rochdale MK Dons and Walsall would all gain 3 points on them. And stranger things have happened.

Relegation is not 3 defeats away, unless you know something about us going into administration!

We are 11 points clear of Rochdale who occupy the last relegation place.

If we were on 44 points at the moment we'd be concerned about relegation was the point I was making.

It's not a literal figure.

If we were to lose all 5

MK after beating us would still need 9 points from a possible 12
Rochdale would still need 12 points from a possible 18
Oldham after beating us would need another 7 from the other 18 possible
AFC Wimbledon 8 from 15
Walsall 7 from 18
Oxford after beating us would need 4 from 12
Donny 4 from 21
Gills 3 from 15
Bradford will be safe if they beat us

I reckon someone may well drop with 51 or 52 points, but I imagine we are going to do enough over the next 5 games to at least finish above Bradford (in free fall) MK and Rochdale.

If we were to lose all 5

MK after beating us would still need 9 points from a possible 12
Rochdale would still need 12 points from a possible 18
Oldham after beating us would need another 7 from the other 18 possible
AFC Wimbledon 8 from 15
Walsall 7 from 18
Oxford after beating us would need 4 from 12
Donny 4 from 21
Gills 3 from 15
Bradford will be safe if they beat us

I reckon someone may well drop with 51 or 52 points, but I imagine we are going to do enough over the next 5 games to at least finish above Bradford (in free fall) MK and Rochdale.

But what about the play offs? :winking:

Back