• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I can't see him performing again, think he has done well to get a contract at that level.

In other local non league news, Jody Brown has signed Karl Duguid for Heybridge swifts. Leaves me with a dilemma as Jody is a good guy but I want to see Duguid fail.

Good signing for Barnard and Braintree. Always felt sorry for him after his second spell with us didn't work out. Hope he helps Braintree get promoted.

Good signing for Barnard and Braintree. Always felt sorry for him after his second spell with us didn't work out. Hope he helps Braintree get promoted.

Think they'll struggle, massive overachievement last season. Will be lucky to get mid table IMO, think they may even have a relegation battle on their hands this season.

Think they'll struggle, massive overachievement last season. Will be lucky to get mid table IMO, think they may even have a relegation battle on their hands this season.

Totally agree and they had the impressively talented Danny Cowley as their manager which helped. Who has taken on the Braintree job? Any news on the Chelmsford job? I thought Barnard might end up at Chelmsford.

Totally agree and they had the impressively talented Danny Cowley as their manager which helped. Who has taken on the Braintree job? Any news on the Chelmsford job? I thought Barnard might end up at Chelmsford.

Rod Stringer was announced as Chelmsford boss a week or 2 ago.

Rod Stringer was announced as Chelmsford boss a week or 2 ago.

Yeah seems like a right prat, upset a few people already. Kev's number 2 has said that the board had told Kev the job was his as well then he found out they were talking to Stringer, Maher has been treated badly

Yeah seems like a right prat, upset a few people already. Kev's number 2 has said that the board had told Kev the job was his as well then he found out they were talking to Stringer, Maher has been treated badly

Will do us a favour and we can keep Maher full time.

You probably know more than me to be honest, but having seen him on the touch line a few times before he comes across as a real ****. More of a fat Sunday league thug than non league.

Totally agree and they had the impressively talented Danny Cowley as their manager which helped. Who has taken on the Braintree job?

Jamie Day has been appointed.

Interesting, does anyone know much about him and what his record is like.

Co-incidentally last time I saw him he was sitting in front of me at Braintree in the main stand across from the dug outs as he was serving a touchline ban as Welling manager. Journeyman non-league footballer (after short spell at Bournemouth), journeyman non-league manager.

Think that's harsh, he did a good job at Welling taking them from near bankruptcy and Conference South obscurity to being an established Conference National side on a tiny budget.

Think that's harsh, he did a good job at Welling taking them from near bankruptcy and Conference South obscurity to being an established Conference National side on a tiny budget.

The term journeyman was not meant pejoratively. He did a good solid job although the fans get the credit for saving Welling from bankruptcy. All his management bar one season (a 16th place finish) has been at a lower level than Braintree. I think Braintree might be happy with a similar finish next season.

Jamie Day took over from Andy Ford, our left back from the mid 70s, as Welling player/manager.

The term journeyman was not meant pejoratively. He did a good solid job although the fans get the credit for saving Welling from bankruptcy. All his management bar one season (a 16th place finish) has been at a lower level than Braintree. I think Braintree might be happy with a similar finish next season.

Jamie Day took over from Andy Ford, our left back from the mid 70s, as Welling player/manager.

Andy Ford was a good player for us , rarely gets a mention .

Back