• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nice write up in The Star

1st interview said:
Sheffield United: 'It's an honour to be a Blade' - new boy Ryan Leonard makes an impressive start to life at Bramall Lane

image.jpg

Ryan Leonard - a Blade at last

Finally. After around nine months, a number of rejected bids and a huge amount of both patience and perseverance, Southend's captain Ryan Leonard is a Blade.

[video=youtube;xwxd9vvffbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xwxd9vvffbo[/video]

Sheffield United's pursuit of the 25-year-old threatened at times to become a saga when bid after bid was rejected by Southend chairman Ron Martin, determined to retain his star asset in the hope that he could lead them into the Championship.

But, with Southend 17th in League One and Leonard out of contract in the summer, his stubborn - and, some will say, admirable - stance has folded.

Perhaps fittingly for one of the longest-running transfers in recent Bramall Lane history, it still wasn't straightforward - even after Southend had confirmed that they had reached an agreement with their South Yorkshire namesakes.

Leonard, keen to complete what his previous club described as his "dream move", arrived in Sheffield on Friday, too late to complete the second part of his medical.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ssive-start-to-life-at-bramall-lane-1-8948399

The best player I've seen for recovery tackles. He could give someone a five yard start and still get in a winning tackle without giving a free kick away. Good luck at the other SUFC.

Yep, that one at home to Bury that 'OBL' mentioned the other day. was of a seriously high standard.

You'd be hard pressed to see a Premier League player put in a better challenge than that.

There's no mention of the real reason he has moved up north in any of them articles. To be closer to his one true love....Will Atkinson 😉

On a serious note. Good luck Lenny. You deserve you move upwards.

Good article in the Star, one paragraph does jump out though;

'Leonard, just 25 years of age, is very much a signing for the here and now, but one that Wilder believes can grow with the Blades - and one, also, that fits perfectly with his successful ethos of signing players on their way up, rather than down'.

Phil Brown; if you're reading this ??!!! Stop getting your ups and downs mixed up!! I think this may be where your going wrong!

Nice words from us in my opinion. Hopefully those that moaned at our earlier ( totally reasonable) holding statement are now a bit happier with the club

Absolutely. Nice words also about us from Lenny in his interview for the cameras at Sheffield....

[video=youtube;8Iuf2eT0hgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iuf2eT0hgs&feature=share[/video]

I think he's handled this whole transfer saga with great maturity and dignity. There's certain ways of doing this and I think he's got the balance just right. I wish him every success in the future and will be the first to sing his name if he ever returns to the Hall in the future.

I agree with all the positive things said about Ryan. He has definitely put in 100% in all the games, which is more than can be said for some of the other players. So good luck Ryan and I hope we got a good sell on clause put in.
Also , I do hope that if he plays against us at Roots Hall in the future, he isn't booed by any morons.

Back