• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good question. I'd probably line-up in a hybrid 4-5-1/4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

................Bentley
White.... Bolger.. Prosser....Coker
.... Leonard Atkinson Timlin
Worrall
...............................Weston
..................Corr

Hurst would be an option instead of Worrall or even Atkinson in the middle if it's a team who is coming to Roots Hall for a point.
We don't really have anyone in the class of Kane Ferdinand for drifting late into good attacking positions.

I like that formation and team selection.

As for Kane Ferdinand, he has played for Peterborough this season and still on the transfer list. Could always try and cheeky bid!

I think with Leonard you have to be careful not to confuse being not as good as last season with being poor.

He hasnt been up to last year, he has admitted that, but I would't drop him. He hasn't played badly, just not as good as he can. Id rather he played his way back into form.

Midfield for me is one position where we have players we know we have players that could come in and do well, and would be able to afford to drop anyone, knowing the the replacement is capable and proven at this level. That said, I wouldn't want him dropped for more than 2/3 games, much like Tilly did with Freddy - just to let him know he's not undroppable and to give him that nudge he needs to kick on.

I do think he's been poor so far, not just in comparison to last season, but the players around him. But I think he's trying too hard. He's not doing the simple stuff very often, attempting the hollywood pass/shot too often - I wasn't there Saturday though, but by all accounts I hear he was the same. Atko, whilst lacking Lenny's drive and endeavour in the middle, plays the safe ball, retains posession and keeps it simple, he'd be a safe bet. obviously this is conjecture as we don't know what form the players are going to be in when Timmy returns. But it is nice to have capable proven options.

It's no surprise that Leonard isn't as influential going forward as he's carrying the midfield defensively at the moment.

Have a look at those around him: Coulthirst, Corr, Weston, Hurst they are all attacking players. That leaves Clifford who whilst he runs about a lot is very prone on letting his man get goalside and/or going to floor.

Whilst Leonard's currently missing on those balls sprayed out to the wing, they are ones he was hitting last season. He just needs to get his radar calibrated.

It's no surprise that Leonard isn't as influential going forward as he's carrying the midfield defensively at the moment.

Have a look at those around him: Coulthirst, Corr, Weston, Hurst they are all attacking players. That leaves Clifford who whilst he runs about a lot is very prone on letting his man get goalside and/or going to floor.

Whilst Leonard's currently missing on those balls sprayed out to the wing, they are ones he was hitting last season. He just needs to get his radar calibrated.

exactly. our 424 puts a lot of pressure for the midfielders to defend. if, eg, Shaq was replaced by eg Worral and Hurst moved to the left it would be more balanced to get the best out of Lenny but obv thats not necessarily the be all and end all

Back