• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Local Elections

If you're claiming that The Tories are going to get a 100 seat +majority in June (as Blair did) then I'm quite happy to bet you a tenner they won't (loser pays SZ).

As you're fully aware it is much harder for the Tories to get a 100 seat majority than Labour due to boundaries. What would be more interesting to see is the popular vote %. Blair got around 42.5 % I think May possibly will beat this.

Another day, another whinge about May
Why are you even on this thread if you don't want to discuss things properly?

Everything I've said is a valid opinion for discussion. You may not like people holding Theresa May to account but she has called an early election and in many areas the party are using her name at the forefront of the campaign rather than the party name - so she is there to be scrutinised.

I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities but that is the way it is going to be so I suggest you take it on the chin and defend her rather than hope no one mentions her name.

This is where we are right now. Lots of counting still to be done!

Why are you even on this thread if you don't want to discuss things properly?

Everything I've said is a valid opinion for discussion. You may not like people holding Theresa May to account but she has called an early election and in many areas the party are using her name at the forefront of the campaign rather than the party name - so she is there to be scrutinised.

I'm sorry if that offends your sensibilities but that is the way it is going to be so I suggest you take it on the chin and defend her rather than hope no one mentions her name.

Why do I need to defend May...I never voted for her. The reason the Tories have thrashed Labour in the local election is Corbyn and his pathetic shadow cabinet. As proudly voted in by you....Twice

Rather than shoot the messenger you could try and listen to other peoples opinion. People who were voting Labour long before you ever set foot in the student union bar and decided to become a self-righteous Teresa May obsessed debate silencer.

Apparantly turn out was roughly 30%, not sure how you can relate that to the bigger picture of the GE.

Apparantly turn out was roughly 30%, not sure how you can relate that to the bigger picture of the GE.

It shows that the 4m UKIP votes that are up for grabs are clearly not the sort of people who would vote for Corbyn or even worse Farron.

but you are not defending her so what is the problem?

Because just like Rebecca Long-Bailey the shadow Business Secretary on QT last night......You need to change the LP record....Try one that has a few Brexit tracks, as it might just engage a few people out.

Last edited:
Local elections are often protest votes.

It's rare for them to be protesting against the opposition leader though.

Surely Corbyn has to stand down now in order to give Labour a chance in the general election?

Turnout is always around that level for local elections. It is usually why the government do badly in them. Given that it really doesn't look good for anyone else.

Local elections are often protest votes.

It's rare for them to be protesting against the opposition leader though.

Surely Corbyn has to stand down now in order to give Labour a chance in the general election?

He should, but a) he won't, and b) it's probably too late anyway.

why would Tory election fraud make a Labour election defeat more embarrassing?

I'd have thought it obvious, but since you asked a direct question I shall give a direct answer. If Labour cannot even mount a challenge against opposition where there is supposed foul play at work, what does that say about Corbyn and Co?

Back