• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Maidenhead United 1-2 Southend United

Shows what can happen when you sign players with decent goalscoring records, Waldron and Crowther. Kensdale and Taylor although good defenders haven't scored a goal between them all season. Crowther looks like scoring every game so far. These extra goals from set pieces are vital if you want to progress up the table. Waldron and Cardwell could become a really good partnership at this level. If we can get central midfielders to score, maybe Coker and Wood both of whom should make progress given their age, then we have a team that could challenge for the top places next season.
Funnily enough Crowther was due a goal....odd to say for a defender, should have had 2 against York

Funnily enough Crowther was due a goal....odd to say for a defender, should have had 2 against York

Smashed the bar against Oxford & last night could/should have done better with his earlier header.

The early signs show he definitely has the footballing brain that will get him in goal scoring positions. Who knows, he could be an option for throwing up front if/when we’re chasing games at the death.

Crowther looks a really good signing. TBH still Mr Still has taken over the scouting duties, we've picked up some real gems. Assuming we stay up, I think this side will be a real force next season and the Hall will be pumping once again !

Most has been said.
Positives- Waldron can finish...much to do, drilled into far corner, keeper no chance. A completely faff free execution from someone who expects to score.
Crowther great find and the missing goalscoring CB
JB far more direct and more effective as a result great to see. Actually the less peple go and get in the way, the more space he has and the more effective.
Well done Demi stepping in, still got it.
Midfield, all similar, sometimes good when getting the ball passed forward rather than sideways, and when driving forward with the ball. Any two of them great in CM (and good signings) but the need for an attacking CM who brings goals just grows.
Overall a decent performance and much needed result from which to push on.
Looking forward to Saturday.

Last edited:
So nice to have a happy zone today. Instead of a war zone.
Hopefully more happy days to come.
I don't quite understand some of the criticism about last night, but hey, that's the zone. We bossed that game from start to finish.

They were a couple of boring OAP's -which is why i sawitched to BBC Essex's excellent coverage early in the first half. Granted they were much better than the 15 year old doing comentary last season. :Winking:

Again, I think you're being harsh on last night's commentators - and the 15 year old. If I recall, there was praise for the lad last time.

What else do you expect at this level for £9.50 - John Motson? And, as I've said before, it could be worse on Essex radio; we could have Neil Kelly commenting on the Blues!

He pulled some lovely balls into the area, just in front of the keeper which I would have expected the strikers to latch onto. Still, two of those strikers are new to us and they'll soon get used to JB's crosses

A much better performance, we started with intent, passing quicker and looking to get the ball forward earlier. Deserved goal for Crowther who has for me been the best of our new players thus far. We looked like we could cruise through this game but that is not our way. All of a sudden we reverted back to our old ways midway through the half, slowing the game down, passing sideways and backwards, inviting the opposition onto us. The inevitable happened and they equalised with a similar type goal to us, right where Ralph would have no doubt been to challenge for the header., left side of the penalty area. Thankfully half time came and appropriate team talk to get us back to being more positive. Waldron then showed his prowess running in on goal and a powerful precision finish to wrestle the initiative back. We then saw the game out with not too much alarm for the vital win.

Andeng-Ndi 7
Crowther 7.5
Kensdale 7
Miley 6.5
Demetriou 6.5
Morton 6
Husin 7
Fonguck 5.5
Bridge 8 MOTM
Waldron 7.5
Cardwell 6.5

Sandat 5.5
Dackers 5
Wood 5

Delighted to see Jack Bridge back to his best, driving at defenders and getting the ball in the box earlier. Also his crosses looked harder and lower and more penetrative. My MOTM and a constant threat, unlucky to hit the crossbar with an effort when cutting in from the left. Crowther looks comfortable and like he could play at a higher level. Waldron looks a threat playing on the shoulder of the last defender and he can finish. UTB

Back