• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Meet them 24/7? Blimey you'd think they want some privacy. Can you imagine ringing up Deegan at 3am for a chat. :stunned:

Will this be Danny's first MTBD since being marketing man? Hopefully it'll be better than last year's as other than having a pic with the trophy there wasn't a great deal going on

Will this be Danny's first MTBD since being marketing man? Hopefully it'll be better than last year's as other than having a pic with the trophy there wasn't a great deal going on

Yes, it will. I am looking forward to actually knowing what's going on!!!

Let's hope they have more activities on offer this time as it is a great opportunity for a family day and all that space to utilise.

Great. The day after hubby and friends' big 50th birthday bash! There's gonna be some sore heads!!!

guessing new kit reveals will be then for this season

Unlikely. The Club have just taken the decision to wait for the first competitive home game or when the new pitch is completely ready to show off the new kit.

I don't know how it was in past years but last year was mine and the families first time. We all enjoyed it and will be going again this year

It had shrunk from previous years, there were a few more stalls etc.

We still enjoyed it but previous years there was a bit more to do. Then there was also the infamous raffle stall where you could win some bog rolls, so wasnt perfect :smile:

Its a good day though we always go and enjoy it, not sure we can make this year as thats the start of our summer holiday and not sure what we are doing yet.

if it the case of first competitive game bit late in the summer to reveal it then

That's the way it is with Southend United this season, everything's running late, new kit, the pitch, any new players, Pensioner's season tickets, new hand basins in the ladies toilets, the absolute lot. Roll on Fossetts Farm eh?

Can anybody confirm that the players will only be signing for one hour as per the itinerary on the club website?

Can anybody confirm that the players will only be signing for one hour as per the itinerary on the club website?

it was meant to be an hour last year, but ended up being nearer three if I remember correctly and the players just started walking down the line so sign stuff.

No, absolutely not. The hour is a guide only, the players understand that this is a one off day. They may not stay sitting in the marquee for as long as it takes, but we have requested that they remain seated for the hour. At that point if any of them want to move along any remaining queue, then that may well be what happens. As always, they will be guided by management, who I hope will tell them this year that drawing on the tables with marker pens is NOT acceptable!!! :thump:

Back