• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match was disappointing, apart from Gower and Maher, I wouldn't have called any of those legends.

Harsh (maybe true); what about the legendary "The Cat" Bramble? should he have been in goal for that though?
Gower still looked silky and a real attacking wideman.

Match was disappointing, apart from Gower and Maher, I wouldn't have called any of those legends.

I was in goal for the legends.

To be fair, it was stuck on Frankie Banks last week after the commercial department said they would do it. He even asked two months ago if he needed to do it again and was told no.

Duncan Jupp & Steve Tilson both wanted to be there, but it was too late. Tes Bramble's lift let him down, and Ben Abbey couldn't make it today.

Think he did a great job to get a side together in just over a week, at the start of school holidays.

One of the commercial department, who was supposed to be organising things didn't even bother to turn up.

Being there as a 'seller' gave me a bit of a different perspective, had a great day in the sun and thoroughly enjoyed meeting old friends and talking to lots of other folk. Selling a good few copies of 'Roots To The 92' helped too ( www.rootstothe92.co.uk )

Maybe another attraction or two might have helped - quite like the look of those human bar football games that videos of keep doing the Facebook rounds.

Mr Barrett kindly posed with a copy of my book, so thanks as ever to the legend himselfDSC_0695.jpg

Also was walking around the pitch at the time the winning goal was scored DSC_0712.jpg

Roll on Tuesday

To be fair, it was stuck on Frankie Banks last week after the commercial department said they would do it. He even asked two months ago if he needed to do it again and was told no.

Duncan Jupp & Steve Tilson both wanted to be there, but it was too late. Tes Bramble's lift let him down, and Ben Abbey couldn't make it today.

Think he did a great job to get a side together in just over a week, at the start of school holidays.

One of the commercial department, who was supposed to be organising things didn't even bother to turn up.

Well I must commend you on at least one very good save you made that I saw, good shot from I think it was Huzzey? and you tipped it over, brilliant!

Was Ronan Murray there? Hope he signs, not sure what more he can do, surprised he didn't start against wet spam considering he is still on trial. Now brew on saying they have the Newcastle game to impress further. Assuming brown himself is still with us by Tuesday

SZFC always willing to put a side out but wasn't asked which was a pity as like has been said the match was slightly underwhelming, not surprising though given the rather warm weather and lack of cohesitivty within the 2 sides!

Not a great deal going on, perhaps get the talented girls side on show for an hour or so but good to catch up with a few friendly faces!

Kev

Really good day. I got there about 12 with my two young kids. They loved meeting the players and hats off to the team, they were all great with them. Watched the match at 3pm with a dodgy burger (no onions) and made our way home.

Any pictures of the burger?

I think Tes Bramble has relinquished his legend status.

Then you were comfortably my man of the match. Well played sir!

£45 for the home kit. Oo-er missus. :unsure:

Isn't that the same as last year? :unsure:

Think so, with Manchester United charging £60 and West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool charging £55, if that difference is reflected in kids kit it would be a good price and hopefully convince people into a few more sales instead of the Premier League clubs.

Think so, with Manchester United charging £60 and West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool charging £55, if that difference is reflected in kids kit it would be a good price and hopefully convince people into a few more sales instead of the Premier League clubs.

That depends on whether people like seeing their child cry on their birthday or Xmas.

Back