• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Feel a bit mixed on this one.

On one hand I think you dont send your kids to school for them to be hit on. I have a few mates who are teachers and they have all said in the past student/teacher relationships are a no no. So on that front and if it was my daughter I would be mad I do understand.

That said she could turn sixteen next week for all I know and then if she wants to run away with an older guy then who a I to judge. Not sure a week (in this example might be more) really makes a difference.

Is he a sex offender? Not sure - Dont think so really but I think you have to ask questions about why you would want a relationship with a sixteen year old? The teenagers I speak to can barely put a sentance together.

..and what if she's just turned 15? The line has to be drawn and it's 16 for a reason. She's not mature enough for this kind of relationship and he's abused his position of trust.

Tell 'em Phil.

images

..and what if she's just turned 15? The line has to be drawn and it's 16 for a reason. She's not mature enough for this kind of relationship and he's abused his position of trust.
As I said in previous post, 15 is not classed as a minor in France -
"The age of consent in France is 15, as specified by Article 227-25, which reads: The commission without violence, constraint, threat or surprise of sexual offence by an adult on the person of a child under fifteen years of age is punished by five years imprisonment and a fine of 75,000 euros".
However, it does then go on to say: Article 227-27 prohibits sexual relations with minors over the age of 15 (15, 16, 17) 1) where they are committed by a legitimate, natural or adoptive ascendant or by any other person having authority over the victim 2) where they are committed by a person abusing the authority conferred by his functions.

So, it might cover a "crime" in that extra bit, I suppose it's a case of wait and see. The age of consent has been 15 since 1945, and is, interestingly, also the same age for homosexual acts.

The reports from France say that under French law, as a 15 year old, she's not classed as a minor so no case to answer there, however, there is apparently definitely a case for abduction.

Is there? Was she abducted? I am sure she went of her own free will to be honest. The face he is her teacher makes it look worse because of his position.

Is there? Was she abducted? I am sure she went of her own free will to be honest. The face he is her teacher makes it look worse because of his position.

Depends which definition you follow:

1. The action or an instance of forcibly taking a person or persons away against their will.
  2. The illegal removal of a child from parents or guardians.

The law is concerned with the second definition so, on that basis, she was abducted.

1. The action or an instance of forcibly taking a person or persons away against their will.

The law is concerned with the second definition so, on that basis, she was abducted.

She left her house telling them she was staying at a mate's. Shes more culpable than you think

And 3 lines up from the bottom of this report is confirmation that the family believed she was at a friend's

I must have missed that. At least it puts my mind to rest to a certain extent. However, I also agree with an earlier post about allowing a school girl to stay at a friend's house on a school night...

...there is apparently definitely a case for abduction.

Is there? Was she abducted? I am sure she went of her own free will to be honest.

She left her house telling them she was staying at a mate's. Shes more culpable than you think

I didn't tell you what I think one way or the other. I'm suggesting how the law might consider 'abduction'.

I must have missed that. At least it puts my mind to rest to a certain extent. However, I also agree with an earlier post about allowing a school girl to stay at a friend's house on a school night...

:smile: That was my post too!

Back