• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

..but what if you bought a piece of land and wanted to build a new four bedroom house on it, and also wanted to build on the land at your current address, but the only way to make it happen is if you relocated the house from your current address next door to the new site ? Would you let the council have the relocated house if that was a condition of approval ?

The point is we already have permission to do the whole project. If Sainsbury's had not deliberately dragged their feet we would already be at FF. Yes we have gone back and asked for changes to suite the changing demands in the property world.

But going back to the house analogy....If the council had already given you permission to build the house and then you resubmitted plans to add a conservatory and a garage. Again you wouldn't be happy if the said 'well now you want some extras we want the whole property when you've finished'
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

My original idea was for the council to own the ground and let the club have free use of the stadium via a long repair and renewal lease with a nominal rent per annum. this would allow the club to have all the revenue streams from the stadium complex. The reason for the council's ownership is to prevent the club or one of Ron's other companies using the stadium/the ground it is on being used as security for any loans. This prevents the current mess happening again and the need to ever move.

As to the question on how the council could ask for ownership is simple. The planning permission at FF and RH, gift of part of the land at FF is up to them. They act on behalf of the community and as with all major house building applications the developers at their own cost have to build approx 30% social housing and hand them over to a housing association in addition to any Section 106s. why should Ron be allowed to have 100% of the profit on the development with only a few Section 106s.

I want the new stadium built, but I want it to be protected so that we never get into this current mess ever again. There is enough profit in the redevelopment of FF and RH to make all parties happy but Ron has to be mindful of the wishes of the council, the local community and the fans. If he does this could be built. My fear is that his greed will make this a non starter.

There is a limit to how much a council can contribute financially to a private project. That's why Swansea are under investigation.
I have called on the council to do more but not necessarily in terms of direct investment.
Firstly I would call on them to drop any 'penalty' they wish to impose because FF may take trade away from the High Street. It's one-sided, short sighted and greedy.
When FF is built, will the council charge all new projects in the town because they may take trade away from Ronworld? I doubt it. Whats good for the goose...

My original idea was for the council to own the ground and let the club have free use of the stadium via a long repair and renewal lease with a nominal rent per annum. this would allow the club to have all the revenue streams from the stadium complex. The reason for the council's ownership is to prevent the club or one of Ron's other companies using the stadium/the ground it is on being used as security for any loans. This prevents the current mess happening again and the need to ever move.

As to the question on how the council could ask for ownership is simple. The planning permission at FF and RH, gift of part of the land at FF is up to them. They act on behalf of the community and as with all major house building applications the developers at their own cost have to build approx 30% social housing and hand them over to a housing association in addition to any Section 106s. why should Ron be allowed to have 100% of the profit on the development with only a few Section 106s.

I want the new stadium built, but I want it to be protected so that we never get into this current mess ever again. There is enough profit in the redevelopment of FF and RH to make all parties happy but Ron has to be mindful of the wishes of the council, the local community and the fans. If he does this could be built. My fear is that his greed will make this a non starter.

No they don't....They may be required to build affordable homes, but they still sell them and make money on them. It is actually a poor scheme that holds back councils from building decent family homes but that's for another thread.

All ways makes me laugh the moment you see the word developers someone always adds greed. No other business is run as a charity including premiership clubs owned by Russians so why should any developer. The community will be gaining a very good asset in the stadium and the domes to be used by lots of others. If the extras are not needed then shops will remain empty, the cinema deserted and nobody living in the flats. Ron goes bust but the council could say that the stadium can only be used for sport etc. So the receivers would have to sell it to us fans. Now that would make some people happy.

So we have had 18 pages of conjecture and opinion but not a single person on here has bothered to go along and find out exactly what the plan is. Well done Shrimperzone we have excelled ourselves

So we have had 18 pages of conjecture and opinion but not a single person on here has bothered to go along and find out exactly what the plan is. Well done Shrimperzone we have excelled ourselves

Ok, you've shamed me into it. I'm going to tell the wife and kids we're going to cancel our holiday so I can spend an hour or so looking at some plans.

:winking:

PA announcer said it was 30th and 31st on at the game on Saturday.

This needs clarification.

Or perhaps the club have listened to some fans concerns about it happening on an away weekend and being unable to attend.

Anything is possible where our club is concerned. But as the invite was last posted on the official site on Friday, I would have been very surprised if they have changed it since, especially as they have added the Friday event to the original invite.

Firstly stadium looks nice, flats in corners but not part of the internal structure so doesnt affect it.

The article is still vague about 3 or 4 sides though.

Reading the article the new stadium is not subject to Roots Hall being sold, but Roots Hall sale IS needed for the phase two of the stadium plans. The article then refers to the old plans where phase 1 was for 3 sides, but it doesnt say whether the new plans are for the same process.

Phase Two plans for the stadium could mean anything, could mean the stadium itself, could mean part of the whole development.

Steve Kavanagh said last week the Stadium would have 4 sides, but did he say when it was opened or was the meaning "eventually".

Who knows.

I agree. Still leaves more questions than answers. Sort of contradicts itself regarding whether RH needs to be sold to complete the job. What is Phase 2 ? The changing rooms, the jumpers for goalposts ?

Back