• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News New striker set for trial

Good luck to him - fingers crossed he bangs in a couple. What we really need though is some midfield creativity to put teams under pressure and create a few chances for our strikers. No-one can score goals if they either don't have the ball or are outnumbered 5-1 when they do...

Agreed we could do with more in the midfield at the mo with vernon, Paterson and Spencer our attack is looking a little more handy these days. BUT this is all good news, this is what we should be doing when cash strapped. Dipping into the lower leagues giving people a go in the reserves if he doesn't work out no harm done. we'll come accross alot of clangers I'm sure but there's talent out there.

Agreed we could do with more in the midfield at the mo with vernon, Paterson and Spencer our attack is looking a little more handy these days. BUT this is all good news, this is what we should be doing when cash strapped. Dipping into the lower leagues giving people a go in the reserves if he doesn't work out no harm done. we'll come accross alot of clangers I'm sure but there's talent out there.

Exactly. For the 3 or 4 that don't make it, there are Freddy, Beckford, Hooper etc. A decent record, all be it at a low level.

Good luck to him.

Looks a bit like Leon Constantine

image-2-for-st-lammas-gallery-gallery-930604630.jpg

These signings from non-league can always go either way, I feel. Take Freddy on the one hand, who ended up to be a great success for us after coming from from Grays. On the other hand, Charlie McDonald was top scorer in the Conference the season before coming to us and never really made it.

No harm in giving him a trial to see if he's any good.

Last edited:
Good positive move.

I think this is the way forward. There must be plenty of hungry, confident strikers out in the lower levels and I like the idea that we're taking a look at them. Who knows what we might find?

Looks a bit like Leon Constantine

image-2-for-st-lammas-gallery-gallery-930604630.jpg

OK, so Napster has helpfully provided a photo, what can we deduce from that?*

My initial reaction is that he doesn't appear to be using his body well here. His body positioning and weight distribution isn't right to hold the defender off, suggesting he isn't the most physical of players. Combined with what appears to be a fairly wiry (although lithe?) frame, I'd be concerned as to whether he can withstand the physical nature of league one football (although that didn't stop us signing Paterson, and like him, they are both young and both have time to strengthen up and use their bodies better). But let's get him into a reserve game or two and see what he's like.

*I'm fully aware of the limitations of this exercise and I'm in no way writing him off on the basis of a photograph. That would be as inane as saying someone was good based on a youtube clip.

Trialled for Bournemouth recently, who didnt take him on.

Swindon didn't take on Eastwood.

These signings from non-league can always go either day, I feel. Take Freddy on the one hand, who ended up to be a great success for us after coming from from Grays. On the other hand, Charlie McDonald was top scorer in the Conference the season before coming to us and never really made it.

Try telling that to Brentford fans!

Back