• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky is out of here ...

The General

The Mouse (*)
Off to Swindon. His contract offer has been veteod as RM thought he was taking too long to sign it and believed he was talking to other clubs. Also looks like Duds is off as well.

Source: Echo.

Oh well. Nevermind. We'll cope.

Kev

Oh and we wont be asking for compensation either (as we could as he's under 24!) ...

Blimey! Not expecting that one. I am dissapointed about that as I feel he played a big part in us getting promoted in all the matches he played (Nicolau that is).

I am not so dissapointed, or suprised about Dudders though.

Lets hope he's playing at left back when we play them.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Squirrel and G man @ July 11 2005,11:29)]They are welcome to him. Does he need a lift?
I already drove him up there this morning. Sorry.

Forbes, Jenkins, Nicky.

Jeez.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 11 2005,11:31)]Lets hope he's playing at left back when we play them.  
smile.gif
so our attacking right-winger Petts can put a cross in??

Nicky wasn't happy here at all. Let's move on.

This also adds more reasons to worry about our lack of signings - we haven't got any replacements for any of the players who have been released!

tounge.gif

That is a blow losing Nicky. A good squad player who provided natural width and is left footed. We'll do well to find another decent left footed winger who we can bring in before the season starts.

If Kevin James is the winger we are after, then he is right footed - as is gower and Petts. I believe having a natural left footed player out wide on the left is so important. At the moment we are left with Gower and Wilson potentially down our left side (both really right footed).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 11 2005,11:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 11 2005,11:31)]Lets hope he's playing at left back when we play them.
smile.gif

He said he was happy and wanted to stay but i couldn't care less TBH. Apparently Tilly text him Wedneday morning telling him not to come training and Nicky completely blamed RM for it.

A bit of shame this one, I reckon Nicky would have been an asset in the long term. Our lack of naturally left sided players is a bit of a worry now, and that's another player who we'll have to replace...

I wish him luck at his new club.

If the lad really wanted liked it here and wanted to stay then he would have signed straight away, he put in some good performance's and some bad for the club so all in all i'm not that bothered.

This leads me to believe that Tilly is proving to be a no nonesense manager which is good because we don't want wasters at theis club we want winners, as this club is on the up.
It also could mean that a couple of signings are close and i would be v impressed if they are Beckett and James.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,11:38)]On behalf of his sponsors, may we register our disappointment that our curse has struck again...

sad.gif
Speaking of which - we already have the commitments to sponsor Nicky's Kit...

Perhaps an email round to the exiles is in order to discuss a new target for our curse?

oops.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ July 11 2005,11:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 11 2005,11:33)]
[b said:
smile.gif

He said he was happy and wanted to stay
of course he told Chris that. But what he told us after the Northampton game was very different.

I can't believe Swindon want him. Good luck to the lad but IMO, he only put in about 4 or 5 good performances all last year.

I wanted him to stay but Not really for anything more than the fact that the squad is so small.

I'd much rather Dudfield signed frankly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 11 2005,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,11:38)]On behalf of his sponsors, may we register our disappointment that our curse has struck again...

sad.gif
Speaking of which - we already have the commitments to sponsor Nicky's Kit...

Perhaps an email round to the exiles is in order to discuss a new target for our curse?

oops.gif
biggrin.gif
Dear exiles,

Would it be ok if you didn't sponsor anyone this year?

It's just that we've got such a small squad and we can't really afford to lose anyone else to some horrendous injury, terrible bit of misfortune or anything else you can concoct between you.

Thanks very much

SITP

Back