• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nicky is out of here ...

Still means we are down to 17 pro's. Thats a good eight or nine short of most of our rivals. Tilly has signed some diamonds in his time but he needs a complete cluster of his 24 carat wonders. Time to pull out the proverbial finger. As for Nic, he looked ok and may well have got better, but never did enough to go on my must have list. Duds is slightly different in that as a third or fourth striker he was good and it will be difficult to match his ability in a player that will settle for being third or fourth choice. Duds did not want that tag and not many others will.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 11 2005,11:55)]But what he told us after the Northampton game was very different.
True enough. But then again, there was a lot of callow defiance there; there was a certain amount of immaturity and anger bubbling out at his perceived mal-treatment.

Fact remains that, even as one of his sponsors, I'd felt that that Northampton game was the only one in which he'd delivered since the turn of the year; and that frankly, he owed us following his abject display at the Kassam.

oops.gif
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 11 2005,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,11:38)]On behalf of his sponsors, may we register our disappointment that our curse has struck again...

sad.gif
Speaking of which - we already have the commitments to sponsor Nicky's Kit...

Perhaps an email round to the exiles is in order to discuss a new target for our curse?

oops.gif

biggrin.gif
Stay away from Barrett and Eastwood
rock.gif

So, Tilly's now talking to 3 players this week. Given that 2 were a striker & winger as known last week, what chance MtS's Mitchell Cole tip could be in the offing?

Mitchell Cole would be a superb signing, but I reckon he'll be off to a Championship or even Prem club...

rock.gif

BTW, the SZ curse has not struck! we will be meeting Eagle weds night for a chat and of course we look forward to sponsoring him again this season, of which more information should be available soon.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MilkeySUFC @ July 11 2005,12:39)]So, Tilly's now talking to 3 players this week. Given that 2 were a striker & winger as known last week, what chance MtS's Mitchell Cole tip could be in the offing?
The other one is rumoured to be the Serb apparrently...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 11 2005,12:48)]BTW, the SZ curse has not struck! we will be ... Eagle ... sponsoring ... again this season
Yeah, Eagle was the bedrock of the side last season wasnt he?

oops.gif

Ours might have played crap, but at least he played!

cool.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ July 11 2005,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 11 2005,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 11 2005,11:38)]On behalf of his sponsors, may we register our disappointment that our curse has struck again...

sad.gif
Speaking of which - we already have the commitments to sponsor Nicky's Kit...

Perhaps an email round to the exiles is in order to discuss a new target for our curse?

oops.gif
biggrin.gif
Stay away from Barrett and Eastwood
rock.gif
Why don't you sponsor Marino Keith? Wayne Brown? Kem Izzet? Get the idea?
biggrin.gif

Sad to see him go. But thats the way it is. HUH.

Will always remembber the chants of Rent Boy away at Mansfield though...
smile.gif

Im devistated, the club treated Nicky discracefully, and i am ashamed our club did that, really ashamed.

Not once playing at left wing did Nicky let us down last season, and was excelent against Swindon and Northampton in particular. We have established we need wingers, and we now have no natural left footer, it is completely rediculas.

I stand by the fact that there is something that happened between Nicky and the club veruy early on last season, that we never found out about.

We are also now left with only one player who can try to take a corner, and little at free kicks. I really think we will all be missing Nicky when the season comes.

I would also like to take this time to congratulate southend united in totally screwing up the off season, and not actually doing anything positive what so ever!

As you may have realised, im highly pi**ed off

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,13:37)]Im devistated, the club treated Nicky discracefully, and i am ashamed our club did that, really ashamed.

Not once playing at left wing did Nicky let us down last season, and was excelent against Swindon and Northampton in particular.  We have established we need wingers, and we now have no natural left footer, it is completely rediculas.

I stand by the fact that there is something that happened between Nicky and the club veruy early on last season, that we never found out about.

We are also now left with only one player who can try to take a corner, and little at free kicks.  I really think we will all be missing Nicky when the season comes.

I would also like to take this time to congratulate southend united in totally screwing up the off season, and not actually doing anything positive what so ever!

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
So distraught you've completely lost all spelling ability
sad.gif

No great loss. Tilly clearly didn't rate Nicky or he'd have played him far more last season.

Its good to see he's gone to Swindon. He's a decent player and I hope he has a good career.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 11 2005,13:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 11 2005,13:37)]Im devistated, the club treated Nicky discracefully, and i am ashamed our club did that, really ashamed.

Not once playing at left wing did Nicky let us down last season, and was excelent against Swindon and Northampton in particular.  We have established we need wingers, and we now have no natural left footer, it is completely rediculas.

We are also now left with only one player who can try to take a corner, and little at free kicks.  I really think we will all be missing Nicky when the season comes.

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
So distraught you've completely lost all spelling ability  
sad.gif
Exactly, sorry, had to get it all down quickly
tounge.gif

Hmm, will he come back to haunt us and will he be welcomed back at the hall. Honestly. Some people
rock.gif

[b said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
Nicolau had a chance to sign and chose not to take it.

Why do people always try to defend mediocre players with the argument 'he destroyed club x' or 'was outstanding against club y'?

It rather reminds me of the Steven Clark fan club.

I am sorry that Southend United have screwed up your off season though. It must be a real kick in the teeth. You must be questioning your loyalty to the club after such shoddy treatment.

IMO shame to see him go as he has the ability and showed it as times last season (maybe not enough?), However i think he will develop into a very good player and wish him all the best.

Oh and Tilly hasnt let us down so far so i respect his decision and await the new signings.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Squirrel and G man @ July 11 2005,13:56)]
[b said:

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
Nicolau had a chance to sign and chose not to take it.

Why do people always try to defend mediocre players with the argument 'he destroyed club x' or 'was outstanding against club y'?

It rather reminds me of the Steven Clark fan club.

I am sorry that Southend United have screwed up your off season though. It must be a real kick in the teeth. You must be questioning your loyalty to the club after such shoddy treatment.
Leave it out, how can you compare Steven Clark with Nicky.

I wasnt trying to defend him, i was stating a fact.

Its all well ang good offering a contract, but if certain people at the club are against you, then why would you want to sign!?!?!

I did not say MY off season, i said THE off season. Tell me a positive thing the club have done this summer?

Yes it has been a bit of a kick in the teeth, which has left all of clutching at straws on a daily basis, but of course im not questioning my loyalty to the club, what a stupid statement, i was just voicing my disappointment as to what has happened.

Back