• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham fan!! Shocking.

On the bright side the goalkeeper thing is good to know.

I'm not getting carried away but I rate this as our biggest signing since we signed Mike marsh:thumbsup:

Mooney and Hunt will both play- you don't get these people to play them half the time.
Hunt can play in a front two, behind the front man and also out wide (although except in a 433 he would be wasted). So actually Hunt gives PB more options not less

Very very pleased. We should more than hold our own next season. Love him or hate him that chairman of ours has backed Phil as promised with new signings. Whatever next ,the new stadium starting ?

I think this will turn out to be a great bit of business. We have signed quality over quantity with three players who are all going to add something different to the side. If we can get Mclaughlin and Pigott in this week as well, we will have had a great summer.

Very very pleased. We should more than hold our own next season. Love him or hate him that chairman of ours has backed Phil as promised with new signings. Whatever next ,the new stadium starting ?
now don't get frigging carried away eh:blush::smile:

Maybe some on here should also credit the Chairman on some of these top quality signings?

Depends what the wages are, most fans don't care about the finance, just how they perform. I do care about the finance. We have come unstuck quite a few times on wages per performance, Harris/Eastwood/Freedman... We're not worth it, but hey I'm the only one who cares..

Depends what the wages are, most fans don't care about the finance, just how they perform. I do care about the finance. We have come unstuck quite a few times on wages per performance, Harris/Eastwood/Freedman... We're not worth it, but hey I'm the only one who cares..

And how would you feel if the Chairman stuck with exactly the same squad that got us promoted? without any additions? I would imagine most small lower league teams like us would push the budget to the limit after a promotion, I would hazard a guess and say Hunt will be on no more than other senior players Timlin,Mooney,Barrett etc.

I'm guessing you know exactly how much Harris, Eastwood and Freedman were on then?

That is the risk with every signing, some are successful and some aren't.

I'm guessing you know exactly how much Harris, Eastwood and Freedman were on then?

That is the risk with every signing, some are successful and some aren't.

When club signs an ageing injury prone player then the gamble is increased 10 fold.

Harris,Fred,Barney,Freedman to name just four were all spectacular gambles which all backfired!

Fred when he returned here his career was coming to an end,yet Ron threw a 2 year deal at him.
Harris had niggling injuries aplenty and his career was ending,yet Ron threw 2/3 deal at him
Ditto Freedman.
Barney had hardly played any football,he returned here and failed to score from open play and was generally terrible.

One mistake is fair enough
Two mistakes is stupid
3 mistakes is truly bizarre
4 mistakes is unbelievable

Now Noel,is he mistake number 5?

When club signs an ageing injury prone player then the gamble is increased 10 fold.

Harris,Fred,Barney,Freedman to name just four were all spectacular gambles which all backfired!

Fred when he returned here his career was coming to an end,yet Ron threw a 2 year deal at him.
Harris had niggling injuries aplenty and his career was ending,yet Ron threw 2/3 deal at him
Ditto Freedman.
Barney had hardly played any football,he returned here and failed to score from open play and was generally terrible.

Two mistakes is stupid

Hunts 1 year deal with a further 1 year option based "on goals an performance", & thats PBs own words, shows we have learnt from the past and is hardly a mistake.

If he does well then brilliant and sign him up again, if not then we can let him go at the end of season.
This is good work from PB and RM IMO

Maybe some on here should also credit the Chairman on some of these top quality signings?

The wage packed for Hunt will not be insignificant. Hopefully he'll be a success and all the other players won't bankrupt the club by asking for a wage rise.

The wage packed for Hunt will not be insignificant. Hopefully he'll be a success and all the other players won't bankrupt the club by asking for a wage rise.

No one knows what he has been offered, he is now a League 1 player , playing for one of the smaller teams, his wages will/should reflect this, either way people always say well done Brown but never credit Martin. I know who will get the flack if Hunt fails to shine :winking:

Ditto Freedman.

Two mistakes is stupid

whatever you think of MrsBlue, they are true facts, and they are 100% correct.

Freedman's previous 6 seasons before signing:

2001/02 - 44 appearances in Div 1 (AKA Championship)
2002/03 - 34 appearances in Div 1 (AKA Championship)
2003/04 - 40 appearances in Div 1 (AKA Championship)
2004/05 - 23 appearances in the Premier League
2005/06 - 41 appearances in the Championship
2006/07 - 37 appearances in the Championship/League 1

Neil Harris' previous 6 seasons before signing:

2007/08 - 41 appearances in League 1
2005/06 - 45 appearances in League 1
2006/07 - 30 appearances in League 1
2007/08 - 43 appearances in League 1
2008/09 - 38 appearances in League 1
2009/10 - 30 appearances in the Championship

Now tell me those are the records of injury prone ageing player, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Maybe Prior, Sodje, Barrett and Goater were spectacular disasters too?

Ditto Freedman.

Two mistakes is stupid

Is he mistake no 5, well maybe, or maybe not. You seem to wont certainties in all our signings, if he was a few years younger, and not injury prone, we would stand a chance of signing him anyway. Lets wait and see how it works out, he may come good, yeh.

Back