• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The exception to this is when it's with a view to a permanent move when we get to try before we buy or if it's almost literally a temporary sticky-plaster as it's as cover for a player with a long term injury. In those scenarios I'm a huge advocate of loans, otherwise no thank you.

A la Lee Barnard?

Because with loan players you get all the negatives of having to deal with young players (the mistakes, the inconsistencies, the growing pains) without the upsides (the big fat transfer fee, the improvement in subsequent seasons, the satisfaction in seeing a Moussa grow in stature over a number of seasons).

It's not the way to build anything. It's a temporary sticky-plaster.

The exception to this is when it's with a view to a permanent move when we get to try before we buy or if it's almost literally a temporary sticky-plaster as it's as cover for a player with a long term injury. In those scenarios I'm a huge advocate of loans, otherwise no thank you.

Permanent signings have the same problems. By the way some sticky-plaster moments that I enjoyed back in May include Mclaughlins impact late on against Stevenage, Pigott's Wembley goal and Barrett's penalty

It may be the Crete sun getting to me. Sure I just read that we turned down a cash offer for Prosser. Must lay off the beers.

Lets get rid of this cart horse once and for all, sign up Tommo and lets see what else is out there.

Shame you weren't at Oxford, Portsmouth or Shrewsbury you might have seen a different player. Obviously you know more than Crystal Palace and PB put together.
Lol
At Oxford he was most certainly the worse player on thee pitch
Got games because we nicked games and PB always kept the same team, no matter how bad they were

I'm not sure he was. He was signed as first choice pairing partner with Phillips and with Barker at LB. He did ok until that dreadful performance against Port Vale, and then took some time to re-gain confidence.

As it goes, I really like Prosser, he's no nonsense and committed. I do think there is something in Binnom-Williams' locker that can be developed, but at the moment, I would prefer Prosser's experience.

Agree 100%. Prosser started that season as first choice, and was most people's first choice in the pre-season friendlies that year. He then had a dip, and took a while to get back, and has improved ever since.

Luke would easily be able to be a good centre back in League One. First choice, maybe not, 1st choice replacement definitely.

He has been a pivotal part of the the best defence in League two for the part 2 seasons. Give the guy a chance.

Agree 100%. Prosser started that season as first choice, and was most people's first choice in the pre-season friendlies that year. He then had a dip, and took a while to get back, and has improved ever since.

Luke would easily be able to be a good centre back in League One. First choice, maybe not, 1st choice replacement definitely.

He has been a pivotal part of the the best defence in League two for the part 2 seasons. Give the guy a chance.

Total b------s.Still very young,but nobody who knows their football can fail to see he has outstanding potential-Palace have managed to keep hold of him on a two year contract.He also excelled with Thompson at CB,putting in performances poor Prosser could only dream of and with Bolger also looking more and more the part,we could have 3 highly capable young centre-backs who should get better and better.

Prosser has got better, but only the last two years would I say good enough and both seasons he ended up being replaced.

If JBW is on loan then that goes against the future potential argument, but whilst Im not a massive fan I think he is good enough as a squad player.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought Prosser lost his place through a red card and concussion - that is not the same as being replaced.

The comment of performances poor Prosser could only dream of is almost laughable. People have very poor memories, read back on match thread, peoples opinions at the time, their marks and their man of the match . Prosser comes out on top of JBW on all of these points. Prossers's most recent sub appearance was hugely better than JBW's (and that is a understatement) , although JBW wqas playing out of position- but that was till no excuse. . In fact for the next match an uninjured JBW was dropped from the bench and replaced by Prosser-

Surely Im not the only one who thinks were crazy turning down Money for a player that is league 2 standard at best?!

Surely Im not the only one who thinks were crazy turning down Money for a player that is league 2 standard at best?!

I don't think we're crazy at all. Although if Luke WANTS to leave then I think we should have probably accepted the offer in his best interests. He's been a good servant to this club.

I don't think we're crazy at all. Although if Luke WANTS to leave then I think we should have probably accepted the offer in his best interests. He's been a good servant to this club.

Don't get me wrong, Luke has done very well in recent years and done a job. But I personally believe league 1 is a step too far for Prosser and we should Cash in on him while we can.

only one?No!!! One of many thousands,I would imagine.You see I believe most Blues fans have a reasonable understanding of the game.Nice chap,good clubman-yawn!!-he may well be,but poor Plodder would struggle even more embarrassingly in League 1.

Prosser can equally well play LB, he has covered there this season.

IMO Prosser is an awful left back, he can't pass and he certainly doesn't get forward or cross and you need more about your full backs that just being able to defend.

Besides other than a couple of sub cameos I don't recall him playing in that position for a while, especially last season!!

Bit harsh. We all know what emphasis Phil puts on work ethic etc and Phil has been very interested in bringing in JBW, which says to me that he's probably a model pro. I never saw the laziness you speak of, maybe naivety but he's still a kid. I think he could be converted into a very decent centre back with pace.

Watch him warm up before a game, shows no interest and just looks lazy in comparison to the others.

Don't understand the JBW comments, he clearly has potential and whoever called him lazy has clearly just plucked that out of thin air, he always seemed to work hard and if he was lazy i doubt Brown would be looking to bring him back. He would be a very good signing if permanent (Won't happen because Palace clearly feel he is good enough to be offered a new contract), getting him back on loan would be OK, although he'd only be used as cover so doubt Palace or JBW would agree to that either.

Quite a few of us then plucking out of thin air that he is lazy.

Watch him warm up before a game, shows no interest and just looks lazy in comparison to the others.
To be fair, that's the case with almost all young loan players who aren't getting any game time towards the end of the season.

He's alright as back up but nothing more, would think we could find better now.

I sit in the front row of the yellow upper, and when JBW was playing CB and the oppostion scored, he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say oh well never mind, NOT a committed CB for me. Prosser is 100% Blues, and is more than capable of L1, Barrett is not the future for this club and Prosser should be first choice, if PB who I spoke with at the AGM rates Prosser but our chairman rates Barrett that is the issue. It would be a wrong move to allow Prosser to move, but Northampton will be back with an increased offer. Good luck Luke but I hope you stay and prove some on here WRONG.

I sit in the front row of the yellow upper, and when JBW was playing CB and the oppostion scored, he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say oh well never mind, NOT a committed CB for me. Prosser is 100% Blues, and is more than capable of L1, Barrett is not the future for this club and Prosser should be first choice, if PB who I spoke with at the AGM rates Prosser but our chairman rates Barrett that is the issue. It would be a wrong move to allow Prosser to move, but Northampton will be back with an increased offer. Good luck Luke but I hope you stay and prove some on here WRONG.

Explain why Prosser was dropped the season before too then.

Back